Thread: Advice on a new Seb

Advice on a new Seb

ADVERTISEMENT
    I recently purchased my first CRK, a small Seb 21 Insingo, which has yet to arrive. I purchased more as an EDC that I will be able to carry with me at work (office enviornment) as well as the weekend. I was carrying a Para 2 but was restricted from carrying at work due to it's size.

I was torn between the small and large seb for fear of the small being too small. With some advice, I did go with the small.

However an opportunity to purchase a brand new plain Large Sebenza 21 from an seller on eBay with a second chance offer. He states he won it at a shooting competition, comes complete with box, birth card, etc.. and it was from dealer Monkey's Edge. I can grab this for just $355, which sounds like a great deal.

Should I jump on it or do you think that I will be just happy with the small seb insingo? Any advice/input would be very helpful!

Go for it. You will end up getting a large at some point anyways. Large plain jane 21 and small insingo is a pretty unbeatable pair. You won't be unhappy.

While I think you will be happy with your small, it always nice to have the 2 sizes in hand to compare, as well as getting more knives. At some time you will probably own a large, so why not now.

What a bunch of enablers

Go for it!

So I was just about to purchase but seeing pics of the Zaan keep me from making the final jump!

hah, i started small, then went umnumzaan, didn't get a large till last. Get the Umnumzaan after the small!

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Large, small, Umnumzaan, Mnandi, you should be set...won't stop you from buying more, but you should be set.

...why I never consider the TiLock or the fixed blades, i'll never know, maybe it's the wallet
    "The edge, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over" -Hunter S. Thompson
    ISEK#13

I say do!

Get the Umnumzaan instead of the Large 21 or wait for the 25 to come out and get that instead of the Large 21.

I just received my small sebenza 21 over the weekend and I can say I'm very satisfied with the size. It's a great EDC that I can easily carry on the weekends or at my office. I don't picture myself really needing an EDC bigger than this besides a few occasions. I'm going to go with the Umnymzaan for those few occasions!

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love yours as much as I like mine.

I agree with your thinking. If I routinely need for a knife bigger than the small, then I'll be looking at the Umnumzaan. (Or, heavens forbid, I could use one of my three ~4" knives that sit at home because they're too big.) And if I want a small knife with a more traditional blade to compliment my utility Insingo, then I'm likely to look at the Mnandi than the standard small Sebenza. (I'm an accumulator, not a collector.)

Thread Information