Thread: Two great finds....

Two great finds....

ADVERTISEMENT
    I got this one for a few bucks a while back before I knew what I had. It started finding its way into my pocket a LOT. I just love it. It's one of THOSE. Hums. Absolutely flawless. Now that I have done my research I know why. Figured you guys needed some more crappy pics.

Seriously, though, I never would have thought I would be carrying this knife. I picked it up because it was dirt cheap. It's not dirt cheap. Trust me.

This one I picked up for even less. I have no idea whether it is a knockoff or what. Just the cranes, no other markings. Good F&F though. Gonna clean it up and see if it likes the pocket. It's a little smaller than a peanut. I get so much joy from getting two nice knives for the price of a sandwich.

I know a little about both these knives, but feel free to educate me further if you like. The Bruckmann (Mann) seems to be a pretty rare pattern. See a lot of them with a corkscrew but not so many without. The kissing crane...got no idea. It's old, I can tell you that.

Good finds Dan, always nice to bring home an unexpected treasure from the wild!

Very nice Dan! I really like the MANN. Thanks for showing us.

Thanks guys. Yeah, the Crane is neat and all, but the Mann is SUCH a nice knife. It isn't much for looks, but it gets the job done but good. And slim and light to boot. Thing is made like a tank.

Those are some nice finds, glad you're carring and enjoying them. -

I have one just like that Bruckmann. The stamp with "Mann" means Bruckmann again, I think. Brucke is German for bridge, so bridge over Mann is a rebus(?) for Bruckmann.

Quote Originally Posted by scrteened porch View Post
    I have one just like that Bruckmann. The stamp with "Mann" means Bruckmann again, I think. Brucke is German for bridge, so bridge over Mann is a rebus(?) for Bruckmann.
    Do you like yours as much as I like mine???

Quote Originally Posted by LKJW View Post
    Do you like yours as much as I like mine???
    Oh, yes. I used to never carry it, or when I did I would reek of oil, because the blades were so shiny I couldn't stand the thought of their rusting. I finally tried the old salt-water sailor's trick of sticking it in a potato for a protective patina, and now it's a knife instead of a curio.

Yep. Quality all the way.

Thread Information