BEAUTIFULLY DONE HI WAJASKI SWORD BY RAJKUMAR

Overall lenght --27''
    Weight --24 oz
    Spine thickness--1/4''
    Brass guard, buttcap and tip
    Hairline crack in horn handle most likely to go nowhere
    Standard leather sheath
    Great investment at $125 YBB *SOLD*

20 inch 22 ounce Kobra by Tirtha. Lite and fast Knife. Epoxy fix crack in horn handle and five minutes worth of rust removal on blade. Bargain at $85 YBB. *SOLD*

17.5 inch 23 ounce WWII by Tirhta. Nice rig. Epoxy fix crack in horn handle. Yours for $85 YBB. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
    First come first served
    Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Yangdu; 10-31-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Blessings from the Computer Shack in Reno

Yangdu Martino
    himimp@aol.com

Yikes another Wajaski... ;-)
    Proud Supporter #97 of JK Knives and Himalayan Imports

III

Quote Originally Posted by Ta2warrior View Post
    Yikes another Wajaski... ;-)
    You can make a sandwich from the next room with that butterknife.

What does YBB mean?

YBB = Yangdu's Best Buy

That WWII has a remarkably low weight for its length (considering it's warranted for chopping).
    Costs $20 more than a KLVUK, but comes with a sheath, karda, chakmak, and a couple more inches of khukuri.

I emailed for the WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by kookery View Post
    I emailed for the WWII.
    Congratulations and best of luck brother.

I emailed for the WWII.
    Hope you got it. The WWII models are my favorite! As Steve mentioned above, this one is Relatively light considering it's length, but that will make it quite fast and hopefully nimble. My 16.5" WWII weights 21oz, not only is it a good medium duty chopper, it is also pretty good at brush work. Bet yours will be about the same.
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

I'm hoping to get a lot of utilitarian use out of the WWII. It's my first kukri, but I'm tempted by the 20 inch kumar kobra here too. I just don't know what I would use a blade that big for, that the WWII model couldn't do just fine. I'm not a martial artist, and for just whacking a path through grass, I'm not sure such an impressive blade would be needed. In other words, somebody do your best to talk me into getting the kobra also

I'm taking the advice from this discussion:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...erials-Khukuri

Maybe I won't know what I want until I know what I have.

I'm hoping to get a lot of utilitarian use out of the WWII. It's my first kukri, but I'm tempted by the 20 inch kumar kobra here too. I just don't know what I would use a blade that big for, that the WWII model couldn't do just fine. I'm not a martial artist, and for just whacking a path through grass, I'm not sure such an impressive blade would be needed. In other words, somebody do your best to talk me into getting the kobra also
    You could use the Kobra to defend against someone who tries to take your WWII.

Actually there've been many discussions on this forum about which khukuris are best for which purpose, and the question of self defense always arises. As far as I'm concerned, the 17.5" 23oz WWII in this thread is a good length and weight for self defense, as well as being an excellent chopper. It's one of the designs that works as an all-around knife, whereas the Kobra is more specialized.

The Kobra in this thread looks like a very nice knife at an excellent price. It's not a bad choice for a second khukuri (after your WWII). You won't get "a lot of utilitarian use" out of the Kobra, but you might be glad to have it as a piece of functional (and durable) art, or if someone challenges you to a duel.

-- Dave

Haha, I have a habit of showing up to macho parties in a wheelchair and/or crutches. Saves me a lot of grief. You would be surprised how troublesome life can be when you always introduce yourself as a professional wrestler (or whatever). It's funny until somebody tries to sucker punch you to prove their manhood. Naturally, I'm exaggerating The kobra would suit an exaggerator perfectly, but really, I'm try to cut back on that, haha.

I'm still going to do my best to come up with an excuse to buy more kukris. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of my life! Maybe with some martial arts training I could use one like a helicopter to get to work on time through all the traffic? Maybe it wouldn't even need to fly to make people get out of the way...

I'm taking the advice from this discussion:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...erials-Khukuri

Maybe I won't know what I want until I know what I have.
    Congratulations. For a does almost anything camping, hiking, outdoor knife, IMHO, a kukri is the way to go, and i think this one will fit your needs particularly well.
    You don't have to be afraid to use your WW2, and hard. Bigger and badder (heavier and pricier) isn't always better when you have to carry it, cut brush and low branches out of the flat spot you are pitching on, or dig a tent-peg out of the ground. And you cannot clean a fish or dice an onion with a friggin hatchet. Why would i pay for "super steel" when the pressure required to break ordinary 5160 steel would crush the bones in your wrist first anyway.

I think you made the right call all the way. Post a review when you get it. photos, the first chop, etc.

A review? First chop? Uh, what if I have a dirty little family secret? Yes, it's true, I bought the WWII to hack the gristle off of granny's legs

A review? First chop? Uh, what if I have a dirty little family secret? Yes, it's true, I bought the WWII to hack the gristle off of granny's legs
    After you open the package from Yangdu, and the HI kukri fever sets in. You will be posting "WOW, I love my kukri!", just like *we* all did.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodStuff View Post
    After you open the package from Yangdu, and the HI kukri fever sets in. You will be posting "WOW, I love my kukri!", just like *we* all did.
    Definitely hook on HI and also an HI feva still also waiting for a couple of sirupti and a klvuk blades to be delivered n my country, the suspense is killing me 1 week to go hopefully

Post a review man the WWII kuks is also on my list for a future purchase

email sent for WAJASKI

email sent for Kobra
    Last edited by MarcSpector; 10-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Thread Information