Thread: (Withdrawn for Expo G&K show)IRONWOOD Humpback Hunter w/ left or right sheath.

(Withdrawn for Expo G&K show)IRONWOOD Humpback Hunter w/ left or right sheath.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello to All,

Here is another one of my Humpback Hunters.

The Blade is CPM 154 CM .141 thick and 3.625 from tip to bolsters, and O/A is 8.25. It has been heat treated to 60-61 rc with a cryo quench and tempered twice for two hrs. The blade was polished and then brush finished to 1200 grit. The tang has a nice tapered tang. I added an angle file pattern for thumb placement and for looks. I think it looks good anyway. This handle design is very comfortable.

Bolsters are dovetailed nickel silver pinned and soldered with total saturation of solder, and NO!! pin holes.

Handle is Ironwood that has a lot of chatoyancy, red liners, Corby rivets, and lanyard hole.

I will build the sheath upon request either Right or Left hand, two tone or one color, basket weave, fish scale, or groovy grooves.

Asking $295.00 with custom sheath, and $15.00 conus shipping. Thank you for looking. Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alan Warren Knives; 10-19-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Very nice work. I applaud you for offering a left or right handed sheath. I wish other makers would do the same.
    Buy quality.......you'll only cry once !

Quote Originally Posted by bones555 View Post
    Very nice work. I applaud you for offering a left or right handed sheath. I wish other makers would do the same.
    I agree with you on the knife - very nice work.

Bones, if you would get smart and cut your left arm off, you wouldn't have to worry about getting the right sheath.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." Benjamin Franklin

Luctor et emergo

ABS Apprentice Smith

www.steingassknives.com

As always, nice looking work ! And since we are commenting about sheaths, Alan's are not only beautifully tooled and stitched but are functional and securely snaps the knife in place. Great package!

Quote Originally Posted by TK Steingass View Post
    I agree with you on the knife - very nice work.

Bones, if you would get smart and cut your left arm off, you wouldn't have to worry about getting the right sheath.
    You just couldn't resist that one could you TK. Smart a&#!
    Buy quality.......you'll only cry once !

Alan's knives are fantastic! I own one of his humpbacks and the F&F is up there with the best and the knife holds in the hand perfectly (his sheaths are darn nice as well). You know he's good when you can see his work in the new Knives 2013 book!

VERY!! Much appreciated Guys.

My Dad was a south paw and my oldest daughter is as well, so should have been offering from the start. Sorry Lefty guy's I will offer my knives with this option when ever possible from now on. Alan

Love those semi-skinners,great job Alan!!!

Thank you Eliot.

Speaking from experience I can attest to the quality and beauty of Alan's knives.

Hell, if for no other reason buy the knife just to get your hands on one of his sheaths.

Quote Originally Posted by jvan View Post
    Speaking from experience I can attest to the quality and beauty of Alan's knives.

Hell, if for no other reason buy the knife just to get your hands on one of his sheaths.
    I sure appreciate that Jvan. This sure is an amazing knife. I have it setting here on the kitchen table and every time I walk by it I have to pick it up. I will have to improve on my photography because these pics do this knife no justice at all really. Alan
    Last edited by Alan Warren Knives; 10-14-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Thread Information