Thread: Wile E. got some tin in his arse

At St. Alphonzo's pancake breakfast....where I stole the margarine

Wile E. got some tin in his arse

ADVERTISEMENT
    Went off with my metal detector, an ESEE 6 and a Wett. hatchet. I had plans to play with some of the toys today. On the way out of town I grabbed a little Buck 102 Woodsman. Cute as a bugs ear, and now I want a 105. I had the 119 at least a decade ago and don't want\need another. On the way out of town I saw a young of the year coyote nailed on the road, looking better than most roadkills. He was fresh and complete. The synapse fired between my two brain cells and I hit the binders. I tossed him into the trunk. Later in the day I was yacking to a dude that used to trap yodel dogs. He judged it too ripped up on the right rear to be worth while pulling the hide. Apparently the youngins have a thin hide that tears easily. Too bad. I've never skinned a coyote and was kind of looking forward to using the little 102 on it. Also, the carcass was visibly crawling with fleas. Buddy told me that if I want to find one in the winter with a prime coat, to drop the dog in a garbage bag, spray it up with raid, and tie it off. In a while the fleas are all dead. He said that the fleas will bite the hell out of you if you don't. Oh well, I had fun today, learned a bit about coyotes, found some 40's 50's beer bottles, a 1920 penny, and old brass dog tag. I guess that the cutting tools will have to be used another day. The geese are just barely starting to migrate. This is a tiny group compared to later in the year.

Tell us more about yer shovel underneath the yote! Handle looks like a predator tool.

Good eye, Predator Raven. Worth every nickle.

I was just looking at a Buck 102 in a store the other day. It looks like a nice knife.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Good eye, Predator Raven. Worth every nickle.
    Want me one, just been puttin' it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan57 View Post
    I was just looking at a Buck 102 in a store the other day. It looks like a nice knife.
    I can sure see it as handy for cutting a slit above a grouse or ducks farter, to pull the guts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman1911 View Post
    Want me one, just been puttin' it off.
    Ya, kind of pricy for an average Joe like myself just for a shovel. Particularly when sent up here. But I just got tired of wrecking shovels every year. I haven't gone full gorilla on it, nor have I babied it, far from it. It hasn't taken a set and springs back to form.

Toss them in a trashbag and toss the trashbag in the freezer kills the fleas too.
    Beckerhead# 45
    RP# 667

Is that a Vaquero? I have a Tesoro Vaquero. Its my 3rd detector . I paid for it in about three months. A fine coin and ring machine.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginefj View Post
    Toss them in a trashbag and toss the trashbag in the freezer kills the fleas too.
    Yes, good tip. Many years ago my X found an unbaged red fox in the freezer. It must have been a spiritual experience for her as she began to speak in tongues. I also put a sturgeon in a work freezer many years ago, it went from corner to corner. Apparently the girl that open the lid first thing in the morning also had a moving experience upon gazing at this large prehistoric looking creature.

Quote Originally Posted by dipbait View Post
    Is that a Vaquero? I have a Tesoro Vaquero. Its my 3rd detector . I paid for it in about three months. A fine coin and ring machine.
    Tejon, my bud has a Vaq. Nice deep machine. On the shaft in the pic you will see this years keeper rings. Three silver, two gold, one with a diamond. Getting an AT Pro for the water this winter.

Thread Information