Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Screen grabs!!! We want screen grabs!

it was a dang good first episode. I wondered the same thing when I first started watching. if you cut the infected area off quick enough would you still turn? assuming it's a extremity that is. I guess we will find out!
    It's touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here-Expatriated
    Proud supporter of hard use knives
    Busse Combat, --- Oink soldier
    Horton Knives-- built for bad times
    Jk knives - your design or his.

Since everyone is infected it is all about keeping them alive. At the point in the comics here they started chopping off legs, they didn't know everyone was already infected.

In the Land of Bacon, Maple Syrup and Beaver!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post
    Since everyone is infected it is all about keeping them alive. At the point in the comics here they started chopping off legs, they didn't know everyone was already infected.

I was wondering about that too; if they're already infected, why lop off hershell's leg after he got that zombie love bite?....

Now he's all stumpy and piratey and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
    I was wondering about that too; if they're already infected, why lop off hershell's leg after he got that zombie love bite?....

Now he's all stumpy and piratey and stuff...
    I'm just guessing, not knowing there was even a comic first... but logic would dictate that the bites were thought to infect them, and the infection killed them. Now they know that they are already infected, so the bite must be introducing some venom that just kills them.

So, if you lop off the leg, the venom goes with it, and the bitten doesn't die, hence, no zombification... yet.

I can't believe i'm actually analyzing a fictitious movie about a fake disease just because it has one real knife in it.

Venom not so much, but one would assume that the mouth and nails of a creature made up of rotting flesh would be loaded with bacteria, and once that is introduced to the blood stream, especially without access to antibiotics, you die from that
    All hail Discordia
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Jroden5446 View Post
    Venom not so much, but one would assume that the mouth and nails of a creature made up of rotting flesh would be loaded with bacteria, and once that is introduced to the blood stream, especially without access to antibiotics, you die from that
    Ok, since it's all made up anyway, i will concede to "some zombie yuchiness" gets introduced into the blood stream, killing them

I think we'll know when they have a good supply of antibiotics... if that works, we can call it bactieria, if not, we'll go with "some disease specific toxin."

Think Rose McGowan will let Hershell borrow her M16 peg leg?

Shouldn't all zombies be falling apart by now? It's been a year from the outbreak, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Juraj View Post
    Shouldn't all zombies be falling apart by now? It's been a year from the outbreak, right?
    If bacteria (and science) were part of that universe, I'd expect so! But the idea of walking dead defies scientific understanding of the mechanics of living organisms, from oxygen & nutrient uptake to its distribution throughout the body to vital systems to cellular respiration to waste removal - and that's all before we even get into the role of microbial life in decomposition!

Now a virus or what-have-you that turned all microbes into flesh-eating zombies... THAT would be apocalyptic!

Quote Originally Posted by RobStanley View Post
    Screen grabs!!! We want screen grabs!
    I'll see what I can do tonight.

Lexi & Pokey ROCK!!!
    BOLO: Poached Bose Lottery Zulu Spear (link)
    "Mal. Guy killed me, Mal. He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?" ~'Mr. Universe'
    Platinum Member - Busse Forum Moderator

I was more surprised they had Andrew use a hatchet to chop thru the tib and fib,
    instead of the knee. Without a functioning doctor though, neither way would have
    a very good chance at survival.

I don't know about you guys but I was digging the Walkers in riot gear. Those mo-fo's were scary. Especially liked the guy whose face came off when Rick pulled off the mask.

The no-recoil and no slide action while firing made it feel cheap to me. Carl and the girls sniping walkers in the head from the fence line with small handguns also seemed a little over the top but I like the progress the show made this episode.

I can see Rick's suppressor used to be a maglight, but was Carl's made outta a tee ball bat?

Here's my take on the amputation...

The wound was all black and nasty (technical medical terms) so there was 100% probability of an infection that would have killed Hershel. By applying a tourniquet and severing the leg above the wound there is a small chance of saving his life. One note, that hatchet seemed dull to me as it took much more effort that I would expect to sever the leg below the knee.
    Hoggin' Vox

I'm ready to pull the plug on the Walking Sissies. It's time for the crew to man up. With just a little bit of strategic planning and tactical execution, our band of gutless wonders should be able to kill at a ratio of no less than 100:1. (With or without firearms) Is it asking too much for my end of world zombie TV programming to be a bit more realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by svbk556 View Post
    I'm ready to pull the plug on the Walking Sissies. It's time for the crew to man up. With just a little bit of strategic planning and tactical execution, our band of gutless wonders should be able to kill at a ratio of no less than 100:1. (With or without firearms) Is it asking too much for my end of world zombie TV programming to be a bit more realistic?
    And then everyone would complain that they are never in any danger and it would be boring. Can't please everyone. 11 million viewers last night tells me they are doing a good job.

do not over analyze. just enjoy zombie massacre while clenching my knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post
    And then everyone would complain that they are never in any danger and it would be boring. Can't please everyone. 11 million viewers last night tells me they are doing a good job.
    Tough to argue your logic but... Imagine Darryl in a scout/rabbit role. Instead of avoiding the herds they are identified and led into natural or manufactured choke points. Killed in an insanely violent manner using a little creative stop action camera work - Think 300 meets Dawn of the Dead. Throw in a little suspense like does the rabbit make it back to the choke point without getting cut off- Is the baby born a flesh eater or a hybrid whose tissue can be used as a possible cure - Sprinkle in smaller interior action scenes that involve day to day survival aspects. Now you've got a show worth watching. At least kill off the idiot women with the short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by VoxHog View Post
    ...One note, that hatchet seemed dull to me as it took much more effort that I would expect to sever the leg below the knee...
    I haven't seen the episode, but I can attest that chopping through a leg is no simple matter. Bones that thick are notoriously tough to cut/chop through, bouncing away any strike that is less than sufficient to complete the chop. It takes more force to accomplish in a single blow than most people these days would think (read 'urban disconnect from nature'), and usually it involves multiple chops with a lot of cracking and splintering. You're better off with a saw or a VERY heavy blow....

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information