Thread: Chisel Knife

Chisel Knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    Okay, I am a noob just starting out knife making, but I have a really good idea for a knife, and before I attempt it wanted to make a prototype out of a chisel. The reason I want to do this is because it has something to do with a chisel so if I could just use one and modify it, could become a lot easier to see if the knife idea would actually work for real use.

Hello mocaba!

Chisel knives are availible overhere in our hardware stores and at fairly the same quotes as chisels.
    I too have found it fun to experiment with chiselknives, in order to do conventional knives from a strict working tool.

This is a WIP from a Bacho #2448 chiselknife

Bacho chiselknife.jpg

IMGP4782.jpg

IMGP4783.jpg

IMGP4784.jpg

Last pic is together with a Bacho #2449

The #2448 and #2449 are the same except for the tip.
    Really ugly thingy's, but 4mm thick and 100mm bladelenght.
    Hardness is kept at the lower side to maximize toughness and ease of sharpening.

My knife isn't finished yet, but it's assembled with a nut and can be used as is to test how it will work.

Regards

Mikael
    Last edited by Mikael W; 10-14-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Mora makes a chisel knife, too. Doesn't really sound like the OP is asking a question though. I'll admit I'm a little confused.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

Uh? Graham Razel?

Tops Pry knife?

I've drawn some chisel-point knives, but never put steel to wheel, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoBlades View Post
    Doesn't really sound like the OP is asking a question though. I'll admit I'm a little confused.
    I know, I don't believe the OP has the same intentions as I have, but I think a chiselblade is an easy way to get a blade for custom work.

Regards

Mikael

Seems to me Graham has covered all the bases on this one.

I do believe the OP wants to modify a chisel into a knife.

sry if I wasn't to clear in the post, I have an Idea its a kind of multi-tool. On one side would be a saw on the other a cleaver kinda blade. the tip would be a chisel and the faces would be wood files. And this would be a widdling or bush-craft knife of sorts. I was mainly just asking if you could make a decent knife out of a already made chisel but they answered that so the question is kinda done i guess, so I'll try my idea out and see how it works and then post it on here.

I'll offer some simple advice.

A tool that will do everything will probably do nothing well.

The skills to make complicated things come from learning to do simple things.

Learn to make things roll well ...... Then start re-inventing the wheel.

Take your time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and a knife isn't built in one either.

Use full text typing, and run spell check. Text message wording and misspelled words are to be avoided on a forum like Shop Talk.
    IMHO, BTW, etc. are OK, but idk, sry and such are best sent to your school buddies.

Read this sticky about three times, and make a simple drop point hunter. You will then be well on your way.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...making-a-knife
    Stacy E.Apelt
    It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Thread Information