Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 inch aga campolin stiletto

15 inch aga campolin stiletto

ADVERTISEMENT
    Birthday: 01-28
    Registration Date: 12-28-11

10-15-12 03:39.05 - Post#2503153

dear forum

i have just ordered a 15 inch aga campolin assisted opening stiletto . this knife is claimed to have been hand made in italy by mr campolin . i seriously doubt that but it has rosewood handle scales and supposedly solid brass bolsters ( which i think are the two visible end pieces ) . i purchased this knife from a very friendly and responsive online knife seller named assisted knives or roadside imports . mr j. benson is this online seller . i originally purchased a $45 13 inch asian made stiletto from mr j. benson that would not open without the additional applied pressure of a hand tool on the release button . mr j. benson kindly permitted me to return the asian made knife and choose an italian made knife instead . how does one know if the more expensive italian made knife is indeed hand assembled in italy ? what if the side button of the italian made knife also cannot be operated without the assistance of a hand tool ? i am buying this slightly decorative stiletto as an object of interest . i have another knife -- the all black 4 inch blade automatic opening crkt 1050k fire spark . i keep the crkt with me for emergencies . the 15 inch aga campolin rosewood and brass stiletto will never be used ( and never will the crkt hopefully ) . has anyone on the forum seen this aga campolin 15 inch rosewood and brass stiletto ? does it operate smoothly ? has anyone purchased a knife from assisted knives or roadside imports ?

thank you
    doggrell3000

Hello Doggrell,
    I saw your other thread on http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/926741/...
    The ad says vintage. Most likely it does have solid brass bolsters the older knives did use solid brass. However, if this is a transitional knife and I think it is that is when newer production methods were being introduced it is possible that the bolsters are solid brass but stamped. This knife was most likely assembled by hand and not hand made. AGA makes great knives I own many of them and I'm very happy with all my knives from Angelo Campolin Jr. It is a family business. Angelo, Gianni , Angelo three generations. Roadside is a reputable dealer I have had no issues with this supplier.
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZvUlVJl9m8
    Also, go to YouTube and read lots of reviews.
    Good luck and enjoy,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John6553 View Post
    Roadside is a reputable dealer
    No "they" aren't. "They" are a single whackjob named John Benson. He happily sells you junk, but refuses to make good after he screws you over. See his "Cheap Shit" warning. He screwed some people over, and when they complained here, he took a steaming squat over our beloved forum and got his crazy ass banned.

Google his website, and the second link is Ripoff Report. Usually not a good sign.

And then there's his ridiculous vendetta against Benchmade...
    -Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
    No "they" aren't. "They" are a single whackjob named John Benson. He happily sells you junk, but refuses to make good after he screws you over. See his "Cheap Shit" warning. He screwed some people over, and when they complained here, he took a steaming squat over our beloved forum and got his crazy ass banned.

Google his website, and the second link is Ripoff Report. Usually not a good sign.

And then there's his ridiculous vendetta against Benchmade...

oohh that guy?

Wow! I'm surprised! Buyer beware! This is the first I've heard about JB being banned because of his comments. I am aware of the Benchmade issue, but everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Well worth your time to take a look in the archives to see who you are specifically dealing with here. One of the more monumental meltdowns in Bladeforum's history.

dear forum
    how can i be reassured by previous customers of john benson that he will in fact sell me an authentic fully functional brand new 15 inch aga campolin italian built rosewood and brass stiletto ? should i cancel my order with john benson due to substantial evidence that his products are of less value than is claimed ? thank you for your input .

doggrell3000

Quote Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
    He happily sells you junk, but refuses to make good after he screws you over. See his "Cheap Shit" warning.

NO CRY BABIES ARE ALLOWED ON CHEAP SHIT THE TRUTH IS IF YOU ARE CRYING YOU ARE A CHEAP ASS

What even?

NO CRY BABIES ARE ALLOWED ON CHEAP SHIT THE TRUTH IS IF YOU ARE CRYING YOU ARE A CHEAP ASS
    ^By the way Blues, that was a quote from Roadside Imports' website...

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    ^By the way Blues, that was a quote from Roadside Imports' website...
    Next time take a moment to make it clear that you are quoting such material. We don't have crystal balls around here. Big ones yes...but not crystal. I'll reverse your infraction.
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

dear forum

i am concerned about my impending purchase from assisted knife aka roadside imports aka john benson or whoever . here are images of the 15 inch italian stiletto that i am supposedly having shipped to my home on november 3rd or november sixth . the following images which i copied from assistedknife.com website are now no longer appearing on the assistedknife.com website . which is strange .

please offer opinions on whether or not this 15 inch aga campolin is real or a piece of junk . thanks .

doggrell3000

I know nothing about the company nor the site (nor do I intend to pursue any further info)...but is it possible they took it down because it's the actual knife you are going to receive and it's no longer available? Or that you (perhaps) got the last one available even if it's not the specific knife being shipped?
    Last edited by Blues; 10-15-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

I don't know anything about switchblades but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably real, the Chinese ones I've seen all look much junkier.

ROSTAFREI steel? Sounds good, mon!

Blog Entries
    Mr. Doggrell,
    I recommend you cancel the transaction and contact your credit card company to initiate a chargeback immediately. Yu are asking for nothing bt problems. If you started a thread about this topic, this to me indicates strong concern. Listen to your gut, if something doesn't feel right then don't take the chance on getting a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
    dear forum
    how can i be reassured by previous customers of john benson that he will in fact sell me an authentic fully functional brand new 15 inch aga campolin italian built rosewood and brass stiletto ? should i cancel my order with john benson due to substantial evidence that his products are of less value than is claimed ? thank you for your input .

doggrell3000
    The ad you posted said vintage. I think it's used it is possible that it was never used and it is like the day it was made. The ad does not say new in box or new old stock or reproduction.
    I would contact JB and ask questions till you are satisfied. If you feel good about the answers you get go through with the sale if not cancel. It's totally up to you to decide.
    Last edited by John6553; 10-16-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    Mr. Doggrell,
    I recommend you cancel the transaction and contact your credit card company to initiate a chargeback immediately. Yu are asking for nothing bt problems. If you started a thread about this topic, this to me indicates strong concern. Listen to your gut, if something doesn't feel right then don't take the chance on getting a lemon.
    Yes do that now.

Last year I bought an Italian stiletto, (when I was in Rome) nickel bolsters, horn handle,~ 6.7" 440C bayonet blade, made by this company. On the blade it's etched : A.G.A CAMPOLIN Maniago - Italy. It was 300 Euro. Your knife it's very similar with another stiletto from my collection (FOX) - blade shape, scales, "Rostfrei Italy". The only difference it's the blade length, mine it's longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Allex View Post
    Last year I bought an Italian stiletto, (when I was in Rome) nickel bolsters, horn handle,~ 6.7" 440C bayonet blade, made by this company. On the blade it's etched : A.G.A CAMPOLIN Maniago - Italy. It was 300 Euro. Your knife it's very similar with another stiletto from my collection (FOX) - blade shape, scales, "Rostfrei Italy". The only difference it's the blade length, mine it's longer.
    Hi Allex,
    I love photos. Could you post a photo of your knife? It would cool to be able to compare it to the one doggrell is possibly buying. Plus, it would cool just to see the knife you bought while on vacation in Rome.
    John

I'm sorry for the quality of the photo, I've used my phone

i have been ripped off by jonathan benson , assistedknife , and roadside imports in the amount of $52.49 . i will never see this money again even though i returned the worthless piece of junk that jonathan benson of roadside imports knowingly shipped to my address almost 3 weeks ago . benson sent me a 13 inch asian made stiletto that could not be opened by pressing the round button on the side of the knife . he claims that the knife works fine . he is dishonest and a thief . he claims that he will reimburse my credit card $44.99 ( the price of his worthless knife ) . so far no credit has shown up in my bank account from roadside imports or assisted knife or jonathan benson . if it were not for the warnings about this crook here in this forum my loss could have been even greater . after first informing mr benson that the asian made stiletto would not open without the use of a hand tool he suggested that i purchase an italian made stiletto because they open easier . i then sent benson a post dated check ( since cancelled by me ) in the amount of an additional $162 dollars which -- when added to my $44.99 credit for the returned asian piece of junk -- totaled $206.99 payment for a 15 inch italian stiletto . oddly benson requested i send him a check made out to " j benson " not assisted knife .com . after reading alarming warnings on this forum that this guy is a total psychopath ( although there were some posters who defended benson ) i insisted in a subsequent email that i must briefly examine the italian stiletto that i am buying prior to finally releasing the funds in my bank account . i did not think my request was impertinent because i had already received one defective knife from benson and i was merely being cautious . indeed i wanted the knife to be a good performing authentic italian made stiletto . i just needed to be guaranteed that the merchandise was as advertised . benson replied to my email with a scathing diatribe about how it was my fault that i could not operate his phony asian stletto ( which i had already returned ) and that i had insulted him buy questioning the authenticity and performance of the new 15 inch aga campolin stiletto . he claims he has "shredded" my check and has reimbursed the money ($44.99) that i paid by mastercard for the worthless 13 inch asian stiletto . as of this writing i have not been refunded one red cent in my mastercard account or via money order or check through the usps . therefore i will by the end of this week report jonathan benson assisted knife . com and roadside imports to the colorado bureau of investigation for internet fraud . i have documented every part of my communication with this crook and i am going to put a stop to his blatant lies and deceptions within the knife sales internet community . thank you for everyone's input and heads up attention about jonathan benson which came from sympathetic victims within this forum . i wonder how many people this guy has stolen money from ?

doggrell3000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information