Thread: SAK's Knives

SAK's Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    I was wondering why they cut so go and what steel they use in their blades? I know they will also get razor sharp. I sometimes think I have to many. Is that possible?
    Ray

It's the x55 cro moly steel that I think is in their kitchen knives also. Love that you have to practically try to put rust on them and a ding in the edge is quickly fixed.

Would be cool to see them also come out with a couple fixed blades for field use. Maybe slightly larger and thicker versions lf their paring knives.

It's 1.4110 (X55CrMo14)

Psst, hey kid, don't beleive them.

SAK's are made from from a special steel mined in the Swiss Alps by dwarves, called Rostafree. This mysterious alloy has been blessed by the Swiss mountain gods that live deep in the Alps. If ya don't believe me, see the thread on Rostafree steel.

Quote Originally Posted by jackknife View Post
    Psst, hey kid, don't beleive them.

SAK's are made from from a special steel mined in the Swiss Alps by dwarves, called Rostafree. This mysterious alloy has been blessed by the Swiss mountain gods that live deep in the Alps. If ya don't believe me, see the thread on Rostafree steel.
    Hahaha!

Thread Information