Thread: Hello, got a question about a persistance

Hello, got a question about a persistance

ADVERTISEMENT
    im more of a traditional slipjoint kinda guy so forgive me if i flub any terms etc.
    while i'm waiting for spyderco CS (which is very responsive) to see what they can do for me i thought i'd ask here... here goes my dilemma
    year ago i bought my 15 yr old son his first spyderco a persistance, great looking and functioning knife... fast forward to now.
    My son and a few of his buddies loan knives to each other, trying out different knives etc. anyway my son loaned his persistance out and got it back its missing the pivot screw, and the clip is long gone.
    Spyderco's CS was very prompt but honest about not being able to guarantee they have a pivot screw, the CS rep said she would see what she could do.
    So if they cant get a replacement screw am i dead in the water here with the persistance?
    and no throttling a teenager is not an option
    Thanks Alot
    Gene

Blog Entries
    Hi Gene,

If you have a way to measure the pivot screw, you can get them at many online knifemaking supply shops. Shouldn't run more than a couple bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    Hi Gene,

If you have a way to measure the pivot screw, you can get them at many online knifemaking supply shops. Shouldn't run more than a couple bucks.
    thanks rev, maybe somebody with a pivot screw could help me out and tell me the size as we no longer have the screw
    Thanks again
    Gene

Ask Spyderco, they're sure to have all the build specs at arms length.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HardTripper View Post
    Ask Spyderco, they're sure to have all the build specs at arms length.
    Good idea. Een a hardware store might be able to help. Take the female end of the pivot and see what develops. The thread count is as important as the diameter. My guess is that you will find more help at a local Home Depot or Ace Hardware.

thanks guys, i'm still waiting for a response from Spyderco on the clip, its only been since the 8th that the CS rep was forwarding my question to the Spyderco Store to contact me about the clip so no big deal
    i'll give it few see if they contact me, if not i'll send them another email see if i can get info on what you all suggested
    Thanks
    Gene

unfortunately spyderco was unable to help with the pivot screw or the particulars of the screw so my next step will be to try finding something at the hardware store that might work...
    thanks for the suggestions guys wish me luck hopefully we dont have a spyderco paper weight on our hands
    gene

Thread Information