Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spyderco edc help needed

ADVERTISEMENT
    I would say PM2 all the way, I am surprised you are having such a hard time finding one, I see them for sale at many of the online dealers.

One vote for the Manix 2 XL. A bit on the larger side, but the handle traction is extraordinary and the blade is nearly 4 inches of wide FFG goodness. It conforms to your requirements except for the steel; s30v is stock. One downside of the knife is its high carry and chromed clip (at least on the model that I bought about a year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Waldamir View Post
    I have looked high and low for a pm2 no one has then for under $150
    They come up on the trade forum here all the time for less than 150$ I bought my s35vn para 2 for less than 150$
    If you are interested in a para 2, troll the trade forum here, and ebay is always a good bet as well.

The reason that the Paramilitary 2 is running so high lately is that Spyderco hasn't been keeping up with demand. When in-stock, The Cutlery Shoppe sells them for $109. For under $150 you can step up to a Military, and they seem to be available most everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldamir View Post
    I have looked high and low for a pm2 no one has then for under $150
    bladehq.com

+1 on the Superleaf or Caly 3.5. The PM2 is an all around great knife, but I vastly prefer Spydercos wire pocket clips to their hourglass design.

Caly3.5

I EDC G10/VG10 Caly3.5 for more than a year. And for my use there is no better Spyderco in current production. As much as I like Para2, I would take Caly3.5 over it any time. I love Caly3.5. IMHO it is better slicer, looks better, more compact in the pocket. I prefer low riding wire clip and back-lock. Please, understand me correctly. If Spyderco wouldn't make Caly3.5, most likely I would carry Para2, but fortunately for me I have Caly3.5.
    If 3" blade can be sufficient, I will recommend Native5. I started to carry it few weeks ago and very impressed with ergos and cutting abilities. I sharpened it once and S35N takes very nice edge.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    My top EDC choices 2013 Spyderco Forum Native5, Ti Fluted N5, DIW N5, my Calys and C83 Persian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information