Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spyderco edc help needed

ADVERTISEMENT
    I would say PM2 all the way, I am surprised you are having such a hard time finding one, I see them for sale at many of the online dealers.

One vote for the Manix 2 XL. A bit on the larger side, but the handle traction is extraordinary and the blade is nearly 4 inches of wide FFG goodness. It conforms to your requirements except for the steel; s30v is stock. One downside of the knife is its high carry and chromed clip (at least on the model that I bought about a year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Waldamir View Post
    I have looked high and low for a pm2 no one has then for under $150
    They come up on the trade forum here all the time for less than 150$ I bought my s35vn para 2 for less than 150$
    If you are interested in a para 2, troll the trade forum here, and ebay is always a good bet as well.

The reason that the Paramilitary 2 is running so high lately is that Spyderco hasn't been keeping up with demand. When in-stock, The Cutlery Shoppe sells them for $109. For under $150 you can step up to a Military, and they seem to be available most everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldamir View Post
    I have looked high and low for a pm2 no one has then for under $150
    bladehq.com

+1 on the Superleaf or Caly 3.5. The PM2 is an all around great knife, but I vastly prefer Spydercos wire pocket clips to their hourglass design.

Caly3.5

I EDC G10/VG10 Caly3.5 for more than a year. And for my use there is no better Spyderco in current production. As much as I like Para2, I would take Caly3.5 over it any time. I love Caly3.5. IMHO it is better slicer, looks better, more compact in the pocket. I prefer low riding wire clip and back-lock. Please, understand me correctly. If Spyderco wouldn't make Caly3.5, most likely I would carry Para2, but fortunately for me I have Caly3.5.
    If 3" blade can be sufficient, I will recommend Native5. I started to carry it few weeks ago and very impressed with ergos and cutting abilities. I sharpened it once and S35N takes very nice edge.
    Looking for Spyderco original Bolstered C83 Persian black micarta (no bug) NIB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information