Thread: sold alot of stuff and bought something that caught my eye

sold alot of stuff and bought something that caught my eye

ADVERTISEMENT
    What do you guys think?

What do you think of this lockup? Got it from a friend for 135, Says it sat in the box and was only opened and closed a few times and cut some paper.

Nice.

I do believe that they are available for the same price or less brand new though.

Also, why not just update your other thread instead of making a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by dartheo View Post
    Nice.

I do believe that they are available for the same price or less brand new though.

Also, why not just update your other thread instead of making a new one?
    Idk i didnt think about it, sorry.

I looked around but lowest i saw them so far was 150. Anyways it mine as well be brand new and i didnt have to wait for shipping.

I have been following your other thread about selling all your knives. I have been selling off a few here and there as well, but stil have quiet a few still that I just can't part with. I think what you are doing is good and you now have a nice knife you will carry everyday.

I am not sure what these knives are brigging now because I have been laying off of buying knives, but I am sure you got a good deal at that price.

Fair warning, don't be suprised if you start looking for something a little smaller for EDC. It may be a week from now, or it could be a year from now. Your tastes will change in time. If you keep at just getting a knife that you will carry instead of the next thing that catches your eye, you will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfa View Post
    ... i didnt have to wait for shipping.
    This is always a factor for sure. Way more convenient to get it locally.

What do I think? I think this is another chrisfa post not needing another thread of its own...

Quote Originally Posted by johnwaynesandw View Post
    I have been following your other thread about selling all your knives. I have been selling off a few here and there as well, but stil have quiet a few still that I just can't part with. I think what you are doing is good and you now have a nice knife you will carry everyday.

I am not sure what these knives are brigging now because I have been laying off of buying knives, but I am sure you got a good deal at that price.
    i didnt see how i could go wrong, s30v steel and titanium frame lock for 135 seemed good to me, Funny thing i noticed is its s30v but made in taichung taiwan and not golden, didnt bother me thought because i hear great things about the spyderco factory in taiwan

i didnt see how i could go wrong, s30v steel and titanium frame lock for 135 seemed good to me, Funny thing i noticed is its s30v but made in taichung taiwan and not golden, didnt bother me thought because i hear great things about the spyderco factory in taiwan
    For those marterials, and price you have to give something up. Being made in Taiwan is that thing. You would spend a little more to get the same package made in the USA. If you are fine with it, then who cares where it's made. I have a steel warrior coon hunter (small fixed blade) made in China. It has not let me down yet and I had $5 in it.

For those marterials, and price you have to give something up. Being made in Taiwan is that thing. You would spend a little more to get the same package made in the USA. If you are fine with it, then who cares where it's made. I have a steel warrior coon hunter (small fixed blade) made in China. It has not let me down yet and I had $5 in it.
    where it is made doesnt bother me at all, just struck me as odd because its s30v steel witch is usually done on USA knives, and this knife seems to be made great, its got great fit and finish, and it has got a real nice tight lockup no play perfect centering no machining marks on it, its great. It looks like it was designed with a ruler and straight edge tho lol.

Its very comfortable in the hand though. I was surprised because it looks like a square. The deployment is great so smooth (im not flicking it just thumbing it open) the opening hole is in a great spot, when it locks open it has a satisfying click open. It feels amazing in hand, feels like its the nicest knife iv ever owned thats for sure.

I mean no disrespect when I say this; but I would be happier with one quality knife over a handfull of cheap/cheaper knives. If knives are your passion, then carry something nice. Life is too short to not enjoy the things that make you happy.

I am sure you are very happy with this new knife and it will mean more to you than the ones you sold when it is THE knife you carry everyday. I have a BM 710 that got me downsizing most of the excess knives. Here is an older pic. of her. She now sports a mirror finish edge and still is in EDC rotation. She is well used as you can see, so I don't feel bad when I use it which brings joy in itself.

I mean no disrespect when I say this; but I would be happier with one quality knife over a handfull of cheap/cheaper knives. If knives are your passion, then carry something nice. Life is too short to not enjoy the things that make you happy.

I am sure you are very happy with this new knife and it will mean more to you than the ones you sold when it is THE knife you carry everyday. I have a BM 710 that got me downsizing most of the excess knives. Here is an older pic. of her. She now sports a mirror finish edge and still is in EDC rotation. She is well used as you can see, so I don't feel bad when I use it which brings joy in itself.

i have always liked when your knives get used, it makes them seem more like yours, im going to try that with this, ima see if i can exclusively carry that for a year or more. Exceptions are if i go out fishing then ill carry a multi tool (i got a cheaper leatheman that i keep in my car for dirty stuff.)

You make no sense chrisfarms

Nice enough knife but it isn't going to see any pocket time in Delaware. Over the 3" limit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 shot View Post
    Nice enough knife but it isn't going to see any pocket time in Delaware. Over the 3" limit.
    once im there im going to apply for a ccw so i can carry with less resctriction, also going to carry a firearm witch i cant do at all where i live now in jersey. Also moving got pushed back till after xmas because im moving with my parents because my dad is supposed to get a job there but now he is scared its going to fall through.

What do you guys think?
    Honestly? I don't like it. Asthetically, it's too boxy for my taste and the blade has no belly. I'd also be careful not to snap the tip off.

The Chokwe is an interesting design for sure. It's not one I'm going to buy, but everyone has their own preferences. Buy whatever suits your needs or your fancy.

I carry a SAK in my backpack that pretty just much sits there until I need a screwdriver/corkscrew/bottle opener. I could get by with just the SAK but I like variety. Today it's a Queen mini trapper in my front pocket and my Spyderco Sage 2 in my back pocket. I rotate between my lefty Military, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley and ZT 0350. I could sell them all to get a Sebenza or something but personally I'd rather have 4 nice knives modern folders than one really expensive one. For traditionals I rotate between a GEC #85 EO in Stag, a Queen stockman in amber bone, Queen mini trapper in amber bone, and a Case Prime Stag trapper, and soon I'll be carrying the bladeforums 2012 traditional knife.

I like having variety, and I've paid a decent amount for these knives. It's a lot of money, but I like them and they all get rotated and used. If you're using your knife and you enjoy it, that's what matters.

It's so ugly, I like it.
    I like the Nilakka better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    It's so ugly, I like it.
    I like the Nilakka better.
    lol, its so ugly i like it.
    I didnt buy it off looks alone, i liked the simplicity of the design, you know, give a 7 year old a ruler looks but it actually feels so natural in the hand.

The Chokwe is one of my favorite Spydercos. I wouldn't call it an ideal EDC knife, as the blade thins WAY down at the tip and it doesn't have any belly at all. But it IS a distinctive knife. It's one of Spyderco's 'Ethnic' series knives, based on a traditional fixed blade design that the Chokwe people in Zambia have been using for hundreds of years.

If you are going to use it as a regular EDC be careful of that blade tip.

I have A Chokwe as well and its one of my favorite Spyderco's. It is a really quick and fun knife to deploy, super sharp, FFG, very interesting design. I think it's one of Spyderco's best. Like KrisOK said you do need to careful of that tip, really thin.

Thread Information