Thread: Northface Flint 1 Opinion?

Northface Flint 1 Opinion?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just ordered a Northface Flint 1 (1 person tent) from amazon. Anyone use it or think it looks like a good tent? Im taking it on a camping trip in Nov for a survival class that is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Also need some advice on a cheap but decent flashlight that i can get from REI... normally i believe in quality rather than best for the dollar but i dont have the funds after a tent and a hoodie for camping. It needs to be a hiking flashlight and for about $30.

On a side note there seems to be a lot of controversy over Northface changing fan bases and was wondering what you guise think? They are pricy but still seem pretty nice!

Not familiar with the tent. Sorry. Just curious what class you're attending? I prefer headlamps as they tend to be more useful in the wild. A Fenix is a great inexpensive LED light. But dependable handheld light if you can find one in time and should be in your price range.
    Last edited by Quirt; 10-17-2012 at 10:17 PM.

A basic survival class by earth-walk northwest. I never thought about using a headlamp for wilderness stuff, so i might just try one out.

Awesome. Let us know how that course goes. They've been on my radar for some time now to consider attending. Yea a headlamp is one of my most critical pieces of gear. I'm confident you'll no regret getting one. An hour or two before dark I slip mine around my neck and it stays with me until morning. Can't do that with a handheld. You can work with your hands, navigate, cook - countless tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirt View Post
    Awesome. Let us know how that course goes. They've been on my radar for some time now to consider attending. Yea a headlamp is one of my most critical pieces of gear. I'm confident you'll no regret getting one. An hour or two before dark I slip mine around my neck and it stays with me until morning. Can't do that with a handheld. You can work with your hands, navigate, cook - countless tasks.
    That is a really good point, the hands free thing would definitely be a plus. Now ill need to find some decent headlamp brands.

You can go to Wal mart ant get an energizer led headlamp with two bright white led's and a red led for around $13.00. I'm on my third one in 8 years

I would agree with wildmike. I have numerous headlamps with prices from $13-50 and i usually prefer the $13 energizer one. It's only drawback is it isn't very water resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by sykes3170 View Post
    I would agree with wildmike. I have numerous headlamps with prices from $13-50 and i usually prefer the $13 energizer one. It's only drawback is it isn't very water resistant.
    Yep, unless you want to spend big bucks, the Energizer ones are the best.

That said, I'll never go back to an energizer after using my Fenix HP11
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

I have the Flint 2 and it is a really great tent. I've used it from 20℉ with 25 MPH winds all the way up to 90℉ and it has been great. Just recently I used it on a 4 day trip where it rained every night. Not one leak.

Thread Information