Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replace spyderco military hardware

Question Replace spyderco military hardware

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey all. Had been emailing somebody about standoffs and got interested in other hardware. If anybody here knows sizes and such could you link me to:

-new pivot (is there better quality or one that stays adjusted longer without loctite?)
    -new screws
    -standoffs threaded
    -maybe replacement pin for lanyard hole? I don't use it
    -new stop pin
    -new clip screws
    -better pivot washers?

If you want it...chances are you'll find it at USA Knifemakerss Supply

http://usaknifemaker.com/
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Hey all. Had been emailing somebody about standoffs and got interested in other hardware. If anybody here knows sizes and such could you link me to:

-new pivot (is there better quality or one that stays adjusted longer without loctite?)
    -new screws
    -standoffs threaded
    -maybe replacement pin for lanyard hole? I don't use it
    -new stop pin
    -new clip screws
    -better pivot washers?
    Why not just comiission a custom knife to your liking?

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    Why not just commission a custom knife to your liking?
    I thought about that, too...it looks like he's trying to reinvent a Military...his way.
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

not trying to reinvent the military guys. I originally just wanted stand offs, but why not customize it a bit if i can? An upgraded military if you will. I see you take offense to this.

Why not just comiission a custom knife to your liking?
    probably a lot cheaper buying some hardware

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    not trying to reinvent the military guys. I originally just wanted stand offs, but why not customize it a bit if i can? An upgraded military if you will. I see you take offense to this.
    I'm not taking offense at all...I like to customize my stuff all I can. It just seems like you're not happy with a lot of what makes that knife popular. Scales and stand offs I can see....search this forum and you'll find a bunch that have already been done. Some of the parts are easier to replace than others, however. For a lanyard tube replacement...look into a tritium vial or gitd eyes or something along those lines. You never know...you may be helping others and along the way find people who want to do the same things to their knives, but lacked the sources to do so. look to the link I posted above...that place has a lot of great pieces/parts to customize your knife.

I mainly need sizes. Stand off sizes, screw sizes. Then I can be off to my quest lol. I like the scales on the knife, those I'm keeping.

the stock scale screws are T6 torx w/ a 2-56 thread, flathead. I replaced those with T8 2-56 flatheads.
    the clip screws are T6 torx button heads. I replaced those with T8 2-56 button heads.
    the standoffs are 0.165" in thickness, they are threaded for 2-56 screws.

before:

after:

Thank you sir. I can look for standoffs now :-)

Pm me for more info if you want.

I emailed ya about an hour ago

Gooeytek,

Do you know if the hardware for the paramilitary 2 is of the same dimensions?

the Paramilitary 2 uses T9 4-40 threaded screws, but I haven't modified any of mine yet because they already have standoffs the width of the standoffs is slightly less than the Military's.

Ok great info but WHAT LENGTH SCREWS!!!!!!!! Theres about 6 different choices. also where are you finding these specific screws?
    Why does everything have to be such a G-damn mystery. Just give the info up whats the big deal ? is this secret spy stuff or what ?

so g-damn ANNOYING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by litetube View Post
    Ok great info but WHAT LENGTH SCREWS!!!!!!!! Theres about 6 different choices. also where are you finding these specific screws?
    Why does everything have to be such a G-damn mystery. Just give the info up whats the big deal ? is this secret spy stuff or what ?

so g-damn ANNOYING!!!
    This made me lol! I hear ya buddy, people make it a godamm scavenger hunt sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Simmer down now, no need to bust as artery.
    If you remove the screw and place it next to a ruler, you will answer your own question.

Simmer down now, no need to bust as artery.
    If you remove the screw and place it next to a ruler, you will answer your own question.
    See, now you're just being reasonable. What is it with you level headed people, anyhow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litetube View Post

so g-damn ANNOYING!!!
    You brought back a thread from last October just to throw a temper tantrum? It's not a mystery. One guy even gave a supplier to research. The OP can check length out himself, as RevDevil said.

Keep the language family-friendly or go to Whine & Cheese to rant.

sorry guys

one too many beers that night.

Does anyone know if the flanged standoffs will work or do you have to use the flatsided ones? In the pics above they look like the fancier flanged type

Thanx for any help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information