Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone a fan of NBC'c Revolution??

ADVERTISEMENT
    Kreole - I really liked Terra Nova......I didn't have any of the problems I do with Revolution.
    Foilist, I'm with you - obviously the producers don't reload!
    RoyalM - I keep telling myself I can't watch it anymore, and then I do.......
    SpookStrikland - exactly. Nice clean clothes and recent haircuts.
    Also the women running around in tight clothes even though rape is a
    real threat.
    BrewCityMike - I think the idea is the pendants stop any electrical
    devices from working, even though they're not destroyed.

One of the things that bother me the most is the that the "bad guys"
    are the Militias, who want total control, and the "good guys" want
    the return of the federal govt.
    Another thing, and you see it in many shows now, is men are reduced
    to blubbering wimps, while the women make the tough decisions. I think
    it was episode 2 where the outlaw is towing off the families food supply
    loaded in one of the kid's wagons, and the husband can only beg the guy
    to stop, and the wife finally puts him down.
    Don't get me started on the multitude of bad tactical decisions they make
    like traveling through unknown territory with their projectile weapons slung......

Quote Originally Posted by filedog View Post
    Kreole - I really liked Terra Nova......I didn't have any of the problems I do with Revolution.
    Foilist, I'm with you - obviously the producers don't reload!
    RoyalM -I keep telling myself I can't wathc it anymore, and then I do.......
    SpookStrikland - exactly. Nice clean clothes and recent haircuts.
    Also the women running around in tight clothes even though rape is a
    real threat.
    BrewCityMike - I think the idea is the pendants stop any electrical
    devices from working, even though they're not destroyed.

One of the things that bother me the most is the that the "bad guys"
    are the Militias, who want total control, and the "good guys" want
    the return of the federal govt.
    Another thing, and you see it in many shows now, is men are reduced
    to blubbering wimps, while the women make the tough decisions. I think
    it was episode 2 where the outlaw is towing off the families food supply
    loaded in one of the kid's wagons, and the husband can only beg the guy
    to stop, and the wife finally puts him down.
    Don't get me started on the multitude of bad tactical decisions they make
    like traveling through unkown territory wth their projectile weapons slung......
    Not sure how they lasted 15 minutes, much less 15 years.

the first i had heard of it was a post on here, i watched the preview/commercial and wanted to watch from the beginning. i watched the first episode and half of the second, i wanted to like it, and did like the idea, but i just couldn't seem to get into it.

at the end of the season i plan on watching them all in a day or two.

i don't see it lasting more than a few seasons, which means they never find all the key fobs and we never find out what happened.

i did want to watch/like it, who knows maybe the second season. hell i didn't watch NCIS until at least the 5th season.

hair and clothes are a bit too nice tho, and nobody has figured out reloading, lot of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    Agree with everything here.

(deleted)

Also it seems like a watered down ripoff of the book Dies the Fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_the_Fire), which is a nice piece of survivalism lit for those who like to read. The Wikipedia setting blurb almost sounds like a direct description of Revolution:

vs.

I agree with this observation, too. The first thing that came to mind was that it was like S.M. Sterling's novels where for some mysterious reason, all combustion (for IC engines and gunfire) and electricity is made non-existent and suddenly it's like medieval warfare everywhere, where swords and arrows and spears rule. Like a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism's fantasy come true. It also reminded me of the premise for the Escape from LA movie, where a world wide EMP bomb goes off to shut down power and electricity world wide. Both seem to require a suspension of disbelief. I saw part of one episode and thought the sword fighting scenes were all right, but it seemed to have a "Postman" vibe to it, given the militia storyline.

Someone in Hollywood should wise up and put some good series or movies based on good science fiction (with or without apocalyptic themes). By this, I'm meaning something like Heinlein's Tunnel in the Sky, or Joe Haldeman's Forever War, or William Gibson's Neuromancer or Mona Lisa Overdrive, or Neal Stephenson's Snowcrash. For that matter, there's a lot of good apocalyptic fiction out there that would be much more interesting that the derivative and regressive theme Revolution appears to be based on.

Watched the first one, the key fob thing didn't do it for me. Silly mysteries without end... not entertaining.

I watched the first episode because I was curious about the premise. I wanted to know why the power would go out across the globe and not be restored via gas, solar, hydro power etc. when the explanation took 5 seconds in the first 5 minutes of the show, "no one knows why, physics as we know it was turned on its head" I turned the channel. The whole sword thing is ridiculous too.
    E.S.P. PNG

I treid watching the first episode, but it was too lame. But I really want to know why the crossbow is butt backwards?

last resort seems better...

"the captain speech on the end of first episode was a masterpiece"

The only good "post-" show is Walking Dead. Falling Skies isn't that bad.

Revolution is too softball.
    Everyone is too healthy and clean.
    Their clothes and gear are too new and clean without any holes/visible repairs on them.
    Everyone is either a crybaby emo kid, or an irrational hard@$$.

The show is definitely for the Hunger Games/Twilight crowd.

The premise of Revolution is interesting but the execution is BAD. JJAbrams did much better with lost. Not sure what happened here but if I were him I'm take my name off this project because it seems like it was stomped on by way too many network executives tying to make it appeal. Give us a real show ppl!!!
    -Jordan

BECKERHEAD#126

I haven’t seen Revolution. But I got to thinking.

Bill Willingham created Fables; a series of graphic novels about fairy tale characters exiled to an enclave in New York City. They are fun light entertainment.

As Wiki explains it:

A television series based on Fables was put into development by NBC in 2005 for the 2006-2007 Television Season. The show received a script order and was developed by Craig Silverstein and Warner Brothers Television[21] but was not developed any further than the scripting stage. NBC would later go on to produce Grimm, a police procedural set in a world where fairytales are real.[22][23]

On December 8, 2008 it was announced that ABC had picked up the rights to develop a pilot of Fables for the 2009-2010 television season. Six Degrees creators and executive producers Stu Zicherman and Raven Metzner were writing the script for the hourlong drama, again set up at Warner Brothers Television, while David Semel had come on board to direct.[24][25] There has been no news since concerning a series based directly on Willingham's series and, in late 2010, he said "[t]he TV show that was prematurely announced is probably dead."[26] Instead, ABC has announced a new series called Once Upon a Time, which features fairy tale characters such as Snow White and Prince Charming exiled in the "real world".[22][23] The show's creators, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, stated that they "read a couple issues" of Fables but believe that while the two concepts are "in the same playground," they are "telling a different story."[27]

In other words, “Thanks for the great idea. We’re going to steal it and make our own lesser version because it’s cheaper. Up yours.” They may be "playing in the same playground." But Willingham invented the playground.

I don’t know if NBC optioned S. M. Stirling’s Dies the Fire or not. But they are a serial theme-thief. Stirling’s story prints are all over Revolution.

Stumbled across Mockingbird Lane tonight. It's an update of The Munsters. Eddie's a boy scout. Good cast, great special effects, developed for NBC by Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller.

edit: Really, what's with private videos ?

Last edited by shunsui; 11-01-2012 at 12:33 AM.

I have been watching it, It seemed like a good concept but kinda got cheesey pretty quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information