Thread: Why doesn't this exist?

Why doesn't this exist?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Joe's Super Pro Wharncliffe Flipper

3.5 inch blade
    Current, EDC appropriate steel (Elmax, CTS-204P)
    Stonewash finish
    True wharncliffe, sharp point but strong tip, no belly (The Hinderer XM Wharncliffe, for example, has an incredible blade)
    Full, flat grind
    Flipper deployment, but not a huge flipper, keep it classy (Spyderco Southard)
    Ball-bearing pivot action
    One-piece titanium handle (Lion Steel SR-1 style)
    Frame lock with a steel insert to reduce wear (Lionsteel SR-1, Microtech Whaleshark)
    Lock Bar Stabilizer (Hinderer)
    Slim, low ride pocket clip
    MSRP under $400 if possible

I have included this image of the features I want:

Since my knife does not exist, what do you all recommend to hold me over until manufacturers come to their senses?

I have been wanting something like for for quite some time and I might have to take the custom route.

Yup. Get it custom made.

In the mean time get yourself a Tilt, when they come up for sale they are still reasonably priced.
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.
    Order of KAI #50

+1 to the Tilt. The only features it lacks are the steel lockbar insert, and the stabilizer. These are mods you could do yourself with time, patience, and a milling machine.

The milling machine being the big limiting factor, I'm sure there are people here who could mod a Tilt for you.

The Tilt has some really nice features. Unfortunately, it's hideous and unavailable.

The closest I can find to having all of these features would be either the Brous Blades Silent Soldier folder (True Wharncliffe, Ball Bearing Pivot, Flipper), or the something like Microtech Whaleshark, which has a ton of awesome features (ball bearing pivot, framelock with steel insert, flipper, looks awesome), but it's not a Wharnecliffe.

Right now, I'm torn between the Silent Soldier Flipper, The Whaleshark and the Socom Delta as my birthday knife. I've been allowed a $275ish price limit.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

I think the Tilt looks beautiful but I guess different strokes.

For me, I have the Brous Blades Silent Soldier Flipper and wow I am quite happy with it. I really enjoy using it and it is perhaps one of my favorite EDCs. I hear that Brous is coming out with a framelock version in the future.

Yeah, I think it's the pronounced hump on the back of the Tilt's handle that kills the lines, for me. Very odd looking folder.

I really like the Silent soldier but a couple of things are holding me off on it. First, it's a bit small. I like a full size EDC. Second, the thin, titanium liners. I've already seen a video of the liner traveling all over the tang and super advanced lock up. Titanium is prone to warping and wearing compared to steel, as is, but such thin liners really bother me. I can see it developing play pretty easily, especially being a flipper, which would make me stop carrying it.

Thread Information