Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new beckerhead

new beckerhead

ADVERTISEMENT
    just got my new bk7, and red rock assault pack in. so far i love the knife. cut my hand within 10 min haha, minor though. here are some pics. question. Arent the ka bar logo and bk7 supposed to be stamped into the steel, like my 1211? seems like just a template where they didnt put coating. On my 1211 the stamp is in the sttel like i said, and black because the coating fills it. bought this bk7 on amazon btw if that makes a difference. My first but not last becker. cant wait to try her out in a couple weeks on a camp and hike trip. ill get some pics up of my pack when its geared up.

also where can i get a beckerhead patch, ive seen them around here on packs. once i get a beckerhead number of course.
    Last edited by dylans; 10-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Yeah, I was curious about the stamping also. I just received my BK15 yesterday and it has the same type of stamp as your 7, but my BK2 has the embedded stamp in the steel. What's up with that?

at least others are seeing this too, phewww

Looks great. The newer beckers are laser etched. And i think your a beckerhead in training!

Check out the thread for signing up to be a beckerhead, stick around and enjoy its a great place.

In future all BKs will be like this. Ka-Bar has switched to a new coating and lazer engraving for the BK line and I think some of the others too like the JAB blades. This change has been around for awhile but only now that the old stock has run out are you seeing the new guys.

Man that 7 looks awesome with the new coating and logo. Don't trip on the engraving, the new laser engraved ones are supposed to be more structurally sound as roll stamping them has the ability to mess up the blade. It usually doesn't, not every roll stamped Becker is messed up, but it can happen. Enjoy your new Becker and welcome to the club!
    Last edited by RogueBowie; 10-27-2012 at 03:34 AM.

thank you guys, yeah it looks AWESOME in capital letters. i opened it and instantly knew it was the line for me, and knife. my poor 1211 is gonna see less action. ill take, in training, youre right haha.

Quote Originally Posted by worldwood View Post
    Looks great. The newer beckers are laser etched. And i think your a beckerhead in training!

Check out the thread for signing up to be a beckerhead, stick around and enjoy its a great place.
    i see there are criteria. ok cool, im sure ill be meeting it soon enough. haha

hey was wondering where you got the bk7 from? I was looking for a bk7 too but I want to try out the laser etched one like yours.

I need to get me a 7 really soon. I love the way it looks

Enjoy your new knife... Im curious how the laser etching turns looks if you end up stripping the blade.

Very nice and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Translash View Post
    hey was wondering where you got the bk7 from? I was looking for a bk7 too but I want to try out the laser etched one like yours.
    he said he got it from amazon, and it looks like tomars has the new laser etched 2nd gen bk2s but still the stamped bk7 and bk9.

Quote Originally Posted by DxAxN View Post
    Enjoy your new knife... Im curious how the laser etching turns looks if you end up stripping the blade.
    this bk11 was laser etched as well, here is how it will look if you strip it without using any etchant,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like the marking are a little more subtle but still visible thats good

Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post

HAHA thats how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Translash View Post
    Yeah amazon, sold by amazon, i just saw the price and jumped.

Welcome welcome. I think the 7 is my next blade

Welcome to the forum!
    Congrats on the new 7. That laser etching looks sweet! Yep, I'm jealous.
    Now go smack it around and post more pics. lol

Don't find fault, find a remedy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information