Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiddleback Friday - Wood, Curley Cues, Tapered Tangs - 10/26/12

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by sloth357 View Post
    ... maybe you don't care it's 8am pst here and most your knives are already gone. So I guess that is a good thing cheers!

Man. Some of you guys are a little harsh. I took the smiley face as a sign he wasn't all that serious with the comment. I mean, come on! Can you really take a complaint from a guy who missed out on some knives because he was a little behind all that seriously when he calls himself sloth?! That's hilarious if you ask me.
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

Very nice, Andy! That double mint comb is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Don't let members like this get to you. You have fantastic customer service and give everyone a chance at purchasing amazing knives at a fair price with a great warranty. You're always on your communications. 9:30 is a fair time as well. Everyone knows when the batches are put up. That's 6:30 for the west coast. Sloth, wake your ass up at 6:15 one morning and buy a knife. Stop bitching and get with the program.
    I've now snatched 4 of Andy's knives and have only great things to say.
    Rich
    +2 never heard anyone complain around the rest of the world and I have 9 Fiddlebacks in the UK

I need some help because I am truly addicted to Andy's knives. Until someone can arrange an intervention, which will probably occur when my wife finds out, I will take the maple Kephart with the curly. 2012 1026 007.

One of the unique things about Fiddleback Forge in my opinion is that you can find great knives (that you did not order) that fit your requirements on a regular basis. There are a lot of great custom makers out there but with many of them, finding a knife with the specs/handle/liners/grind etc.. that you want..you have to do a lot of looking over a long period of time to find what suits your taste... or order what you want and wait a long time. I understand wanting an expensive knife to be exactly what you want but if you can not find a Fiddleback that suits your taste in a month or two of Fridays.....you must be very picky indeed!
    If you miss what you want, stay tuned as there will always be something else very close to it in the near future.

Nice scores this week Grafton!

So I've never bought from a Fiddleback Friday before....
    When do the knives usually ship? Do I get a tracking number? WHY DONT I ALREADY HAVE MY KNIFE!? Just kidding.

Rusty - Andy ships knives purchased on a Friday on the following Thursday. This allows checks/ money orders to arrive and clear if one chooses to not use paypal - and makes life easy for Andy (1 trip to the USPO). I've purchased several knives from Andy via FiddleBack Fridays and in the past, I have not gotten a tracking number. I ship to a POBox and typically have the knife on the Tuesday after the knife ships. Not getting a tracking number helps build anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by m31m View Post
    I need some help because I am truly addicted to Andy's knives. Until someone can arrange an intervention, which will probably occur when my wife finds out, I will take the maple Kephart with the curly. 2012 1026 007.
    Thanks!!!! You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackelford View Post
    So I've never bought from a Fiddleback Friday before....
    When do the knives usually ship? Do I get a tracking number? WHY DONT I ALREADY HAVE MY KNIFE!? Just kidding.
    I ship on Thursdays. We were shipping every day for a while. It just didn't work with 16 knives a week. When I shipped through paypal, they sent tracking #'s every time. That doesn't work for me anymore. I have figured out how to do it at USPS dot com now and I think everyone got one this week. Of course, its not available in the batch order function area, so I'm doing them one at a time for now.

THanks.

Payment sent for Kephart 2012 1026 007

Ok, my willpower has completely collapsed on this one.

I'll take it!! 2012 1026 003 – Recluse, Natural Canvas over black with a white pinstripe, Convex on 5/32” 01 - $225

Payment sent!
    Last edited by LightGuy; 10-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightGuy View Post
    Ok, my willpower has completely collapsed on this one.

I'll take it!! 2012 1026 003 – Recluse, Natural Canvas over black with a white pinstripe, Convex on 5/32” 01 - $225

Payment sent!
    You got it. Thanks!!!

Hey Andy, looks like all but one of your knives is sold. Any chance of shipping them a little earlier than you normal Thursday shipping day. I'd love to get the Kephart I purchased so I have it for my trip to the Smokies where I am leaving next weekend. Just a friendly request for those of us that are just too impatient.
    Last edited by m31m; 10-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.

2012 1026 005, Ill take the karda. I resisted as long as I could. Andy, your work is addictive.

Payment sent. God speed little karda

Thank you rmd! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rmdmooch View Post
    2012 1026 005, Ill take the karda. I resisted as long as I could. Andy, your work is addictive.
    Thank You RMD. You got it!

Holy crap, I'm totally digging your enthusiasm over this guild thing! That tapered tang Hunter just has to feel amazing, and those curley-cues are simply stunning! Fantastic batch Andy! You're making me consider selling some knives I said I'd never sell...but the idea is preferable to robbing a bank. This year has just been rough on me financially.
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville

B.H. #27

Hell, I live in the EST time and I was only just able to get in here to check out the goods (sweet woods!) and most of everything is gone. I even double checked on the African Blackwood Kephart which does not yet have a SOLD next to it, but is indeed purchased. When I see this I don't think, "damn, blah blah blah about time"; I think "Hell's yeah, Andy and Co. have sold out on another batch." That is great! There will be more Fridays and the work has only gotten better. And waking up super early to get yourself a great blade is a small sacrifice and actually seems like it would be exciting as well. Switch your viewpoint. You'll get your knife and Andy will be successful. Win win.

Agreed SaucyCT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information