Thread: Question ref "Crusader Clip"

Question ref "Crusader Clip"

ADVERTISEMENT
    Where can I get these "Crusader Clips", pictured at the thread below?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ing-for-CQC-7s

Disregard - I found them online.
    Last edited by OBJ Viking; 10-26-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Steel Flame

Thanks - I found them.

Wow. Just wow.

Those look neat. Just not $185 neat.

OP, you getting one?

No. I thought the same ref cost

Quote Originally Posted by Josephldoyle View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Those look neat. Just not $185 neat.
    Value is in the eye of the... Well, lets just say that that particular clip was ordered last summer from the artist/jeweler that hand makes every piece of SteelFlame. Then I lost my job. I subsequently called and canceled the order, as it wasn't scheduled to be made for another few weeks.

Within days, I had received a package.

That handmade clip was in it.

I called the maker and told him it was shipped in error and that I needed to send it back because I was going to be short on cash without a job. He said "No, you need it now more than you did before."

So, it's not worth $185 to you, but I wouldn't sell it to you if you offered me $1000 for it.

The knife it's on is one of a fifty piece uniquely engraved special run that has "Others before self." In Latin engraved on the back of the blade. That run was a special run with silver thumb discs and tan scales on the waveless blades. Those were the original inspiration of the 7v and part of the inspiration for the prestige dealer concept.

It was a gift from the person that contracted EKI to make that run.

It's my most carried Emerson, and my son carries an identical one.
    Last edited by 50mmnormal; 10-26-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50mmnormal View Post
    Judge away... Value is in the eye of the... Well, lets just say that that particular clip was ordered last summer from the artist/jeweler that hand makes every piece of SteelFlame. Then I lost my job. I subsequently called and canceled the order, as it wasn't scheduled to be made for another few weeks.

I called the maker and told him it was shipped in error and that I needed to send it back because I was going to be short on cash without a job. He said "No, you need it now more than you did before."

So, it's not worth $185 to you, but I wouldn't sell it to you if you offered me $1000 for it.

The knife it's on is one of a fifty piece uniquely engraved special run that has "Others before self." In Latin engraved on the back of the blade. That run was a special run with silver thumb discs and tan scales on the waveless blades. Those were the original inspiration of the 7v and part of the inspiration for the prestige dealer concept.

Wow thats amazing Im always surprised by how generous people can be. Im glad you have a blade with that much sentimental value, yet another story of how a simple tool such as a knife can have a lasting effect on a person.

Those look cool. Might try to make my own first though.

Value is in the eye of the... Well, lets just say that that particular clip was ordered last summer from the artist/jeweler that hand makes every piece of SteelFlame. Then I lost my job. I subsequently called and canceled the order, as it wasn't scheduled to be made for another few weeks.

That is a pretty neat story and very commendable ref the maker, showing he has a good heart. Also, I can see adding such a clip to a unique "custom" knife such as yours, but I really can't justify it for any of my "production line" made EKI knives. I would like one (the clip), but the cost is too much to justify for any my knives.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OBJ Viking View Post
    That is a pretty neat story and very commendable ref the maker, showing he has a good heart. Also, I can see adding such a clip to a unique "custom" knife such as yours, but I really can't justify it for any of my "production line" made EKI knives. I would like one (the clip), but the cost is too much to justify for any my knives.
    Grab one of the Emerson pirate skull clips. They look neat. i've been thinking about getting one of those for my Super 8.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    Grab one of the Emerson pirate skull clips. They look neat. i've been thinking about getting one of those for my Super 8.
    I have a few on some of my knives and a few of the skull with crossed swords on others, as well as the standard black.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OBJ Viking View Post
    I have a few on some of my knives and a few of the skull with crossed swords on others, as well as the standard black.
    Ahh, beat me to it. I really like the subtlety of those clips. I need to buy a couple? Do you like them enough? How do you find the durability of the logo/designs?

Ahh, beat me to it. I really like the subtlety of those clips. I need to buy a couple? Do you like them enough? How do you find the durability of the logo/designs?
    The design is very subdued on the newer ones that I have ordered (almost to the point of being unnoticeable from a few feet away), but on a used CQC-7 that I picked up (several years back), the skull color stands out better on the black clip. I wish they were all of the more prominent color of the older one. In all, they seem to hold up well to wear, but I probably wouldnt have ordered the extras if I had known that they weren't as apparent as the older clip's marking, and just stayed with plain black.

Blog Entries
    Gotcha. I'm going to order one of each and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback.
    I do notice the newer knives don't have the subdued clip, it seems almost like a Durakote or something. I like the older parkerized clips (nonreflective) much better.

First off, kudos to you, sir, for your honesty.

I should probably rephrase my statement. $185 for a pocket clip for a blade I use and carry would seem kind of high. Especially considering that part of what I like about Emerson knives are their simplicity. I could almost buy another Emerson for that amount. However, I am a sucker for a good story like that, and I am tempted to purchase one based on the maker's character and act of compassion alone. The "Others before self" quote is very applicable.

I have an Emerson skull clip that came with my Super CQC 8. I don't like it on any of my Emersons, but it seems to fit on the 8 perfectly. I hopefully have a satin finish clip arriving this week from Emerson. Going to slap that bad boy on my satin Super 8.

Steel Flame also makes a stamped version of the Crusader clip, which is much more afforable. Not my pic.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Steel Flame also makes a stamped version of the Crusader clip, which is much more afforable. Not my pic.

That doesn't look bad at all.

Thread Information