Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My umnumzaan wad taken from me last night, now on its way back!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Great advice so far but I would take action NOW before it gets too far away! I would tear their face off (verbally of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Tension View Post
    Instead of posting on a message board about how some hoser stole my zaan, I'd be posting how one tried to take it. How do you survive in the GTA with no car? Get your butt down there tomorrow and raise cain until you get results. What's the provincial definition of theft?
    A lot of people do quite well without a car in the Metro Vancouver area
    He probably didn't want to pay $20 for parking

Any updates? Hope you got that baby back

Well I'm happy to report that the knife is on its way back to me! After jumping through all of the proper hoops, I received an email yesterday saying that it was being shipped back to my house.

After seeing how the majority of the posts in this thread revolved around me not getting the knife back, it makes me very happy that I live in Vancouver where blatant theft and illegal confiscation seem to be a little less common than for some of the other forumites.

This has been a valuable lesson and I doubt ill be making the same mistake again, from now on I will always be reading up on event rules to see whether or not my pocket knife will be allowed, and if not, it stays in the drawer and the sak will get tossed on the keychain instead.

Awesome! Great to hear.. I've had a knife almost lost in the same fashion and it was only a Kershaw Blur but it was my Blur and I was going crazy thinking I wouldn't get it back.

Good news indeed! Congratulations on getting your knife back!

I am really glad to hear about the happy outcome!

Perhaps you should edit the thread title now too.

That is good news indeed.

Damn thats good news!!
    -Jon Looking for TC Barlows, especially my first soup bone and yellow bone

We used to play for silver now we play for life. And one's for sport, and one's for blood at the point of a knife...

Great news! I think many will learn from your experience.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Man that is great to hear! Very happy for you
    "The edge, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over" -Hunter S. Thompson

That is great news

Great news! We've all been following this one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by coyotebc View Post
    A lot of people do quite well without a car in the Metro Vancouver area
    He probably didn't want to pay $20 for parking
    Excellent to hear the knife is on it's way back! I read Richmond and my ADD added Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSwift View Post
    Well I'm happy to report that the knife is on its way back to me! After jumping through all of the proper hoops, I received an email yesterday saying that it was being shipped back to my house. This has been a valuable lesson and I doubt ill be making the same mistake again
    This is spectacular news! Having sailed into Vancouver on a U.S. Navy warship in the mid 90's, it didn't take very long to fall in love with that beautiful City, and this scenario makes me love it even more.

Canadians Rock!
    E.S.P. PNG

Hello everybody,

A few of you may remember me posting about how I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first ever crk, a brand new umnumzaan.

Well it arrived on time and has been my absolute favorite blade since then, I don't think I've ever handled such a beautiful piece of kit in my entire life. I've been carrying it every waking moment since I purchased it, every moment that is except for as I type this, and the reason for that is because it was taken from me last night.

Yesterday evening, my girlfriend, her father and I decided that we wanted to visit the local Halloween festivities being put on by the PNE (for those that do not know, this is a large national fair in my area.

Upon getting our tickets and entering the fair, as normal, this time on the other side of the ticket office was several rows of tables and at least 15 security officers. I'd like to point out that I've been here many times before, and have never had to submit to a search before entry. Well during the preceding pat down, my knife is discovered in my front pocket, and Quickly examined and thrown into a plastic tote. I was then given some very obscure instructions about how to get it back and was sent on my way.

This morning, I called the fair and was told that I had to submit an email inquiry, because for some reason she wasn't able to determine anything over the phone.. after sending the email, I got a very fast reply saying that it the email had been forwarded to the "public safety department" and that they would contact me at their leisure to make further arrangements.

8 hours later I still haven't heard a thing and I'm starting to get fairly concerned, I'm unable to find any details on this public safety department, and I'm worried that my knife is in the pocket of some employee.

There is no way that I can afford to replace that knife, I had intended to carry it every day and one day gift it to ny son. Bit that is looking more and more unlikely as time passes. I'm beside myself, at loss as to what I can do, so I figured I'd post up here and see what you all had to say.

Thanks for listening to my rant
    -Will Swift

I think someone needs a hug

Is pleasantly surprised that you got it back. I highly doubt that would happen in my locale.
    Get ready, it's a JUNGLE out there!

Well I'm happy to report that the knife is on its way back to me! After jumping through all of the proper hoops, I received an email yesterday saying that it was being shipped back to my house. ...............

I lost a Zaan myself, so I can relate to what you were thinking. Show us a pic when you have it in your hand!
    WTB or trade for CRK large Sebenza with 'Morning Sun' graphics. Needs to have pine trees in the design.

Great news!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information