Thread: Sheath for Buck 112

Sheath for Buck 112

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just thought I'd show this sheath that I ran across a couple of yrs. ago. I think it was listed as being for a 500, but it works perfectly for my everyday 112. It's a nice burgundy, and seems a little more streamlined & less bulky than my other 112 sheaths.

I thought about picking up another one, but haven't really seen another one like it since. Anyone know for sure if this came with the 500, and the approx. time period?

JT

I don't know 'for sure' but I've seen that style sheath for the 110. Plus, the stamped emblem on it is a clue as that emblem Buck began using on their boxes and sheaths in the late 90's. Perhaps 97 or 98. So, while at the El Cajon plant. A handsome sheath. Thanks for posting it. DM

I have that style sheath for a 532 and 500, but hadn't seen one for the 100 series knives. I like them also.

Peter

I dug mine out to check and it has that style sheath and emblem with a model 531 in it having a 93 year date. So, more like early 90's. Plumber has posted photos of that style sheath with a 110 in it. DM

Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post
    I dug mine out to check and it has that style sheath and emblem with a model 531 in it having a 93 year date. So, more like early 90's. Plumber has posted photos of that style sheath with a 110 in it. DM
    I have a 532 with a brown sheath in that style from '91 and another with a black sheath from 2000 with a BG-42 blade.

Do you recall if the sheath of that style with a 110 was marked 110 on the back? Inquiring minds would like to know

Peter

The one I posted about abobve is not marked with any model number, like many of my Buck sheaths are. If it comes in different colors sizes, I wouldn't mind picking up a couple extras. I really like the style.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by guitar1580 View Post
    The one I posted about abobve is not marked with any model number, like many of my Buck sheaths are. If it comes in different colors sizes, I wouldn't mind picking up a couple extras. I really like the style.

JT
    Check for a number under the belt loop. Many of the foldover sheaths I own have the model number stamped there. I have them marked for the 112, 500, 532 and 110 for sure and i believe for the 535. I'd have to dig them all out to see if I have others.
    BCCI Life member #1706

"Due to the recent increase in the price of ammo, if you try to break in, DO NOT expect a warning shot."

Quote Originally Posted by peterinct View Post
    I have a 532 with a brown sheath in that style from '91 and another with a black sheath from 2000 with a BG-42 blade.

Do you recall if the sheath of that style with a 110 was marked 110 on the back? Inquiring minds would like to know

Peter
    Yes, I have them for the 110 in three colors, black, tan and maroon. They also made the same design in fabric.

BCCI Life member #1706

"Due to the recent increase in the price of ammo, if you try to break in, DO NOT expect a warning shot."

Mine doesn't have a stamp anywhere on it. Those tan ones look nice.

JT

I also found a sheath like that on the bay. Mine also has no number but fits a 110.

Thanks Edb. Looks nice for the 110. That one has a different logo than mine too, possibly older? I double checked mine, and a 110 will not fit, but the 112 or the 500 fits perfectly.

Also: Looking at some custom sheaths, I'm surprised that alot of them do not have a flap / snap. I guess the knife fits tightly enough to stay in, but I'd be a little fearful of losing the knife in the outdoors, especially the horizontal sheaths. I think all of the factory Buck sheaths have the flap.

JT
    Last edited by guitar1580; 11-14-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar1580 View Post
    Thanks Edb. Looks nice for the 110. That one has a different logo than mine too, possibly older? I double checked mine, and a 110 will not fit, but the 112 or the 500 fits perfectly.

Also: Looking at some custom sheaths, I'm surprised that alot of them do not have a flap / snap. I guess the knife fits tightly enough to stay in, but I'd be a little fearful of losing the knife in the outdoors, especially the horizontal sheaths. I think all of the factory Buck sheaths have the flap.

JT
    That's correct for the most part, but Buck at one time offered and sold an open top sheath (no flap) for the 110, 112 and a few others. They fit very tight in the sheaths, at least when new.

BCCI Life member #1706

Thanks plum, those are sweet looking. I should have known that.

JT

Cool photos guys. DM

None of the sheaths of that style that I have are marked either? I didn't buy two of the knives new, so I am not positive they actually came with the specific knife. I have a brown for a 532, for a 500, and a black one for a 532 that was purchased new (a 2000 model).

Those open top sheaths are HEAVY duty leather and very nice. I have one for a 500 and it fits VERY snugly. It is a bulky sheath compared to other styles when on a belt.

Peter

Peter, Yes bulky but as you say much more heavy duty. DM

The top left one is a horizontal cross draw for a Buck 112. It is made out of very heavy leather. Found it on the bay.

Thread Information