Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: We were all new here once

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Hello Blade Forum. Just signed up a few days thought I should introduce myself. Been carrying knives since I can remember. First real knife was an old Scrade double blade pocket knife when I was about 9 years old. Been a knife in pocket ever since. I thought $60 for a Kershaw Blur was expansive, then spent $100 on a full size Griptilian. Now got my eye on the Zero Tolerance 562 sprint run. I guess Chris Reeve will be the next step lol. Anyway glad to be a part of the community and you guys being my enablers.

Josh

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well put and a needed sentiment, thank you

I'm new and I don't know how to post a question so I'll ask here. I have been looking into getting a karambit for awhile now, but of those that I have seen the best one's are out of my budget and the one's I can afford have either poor blade design or cheap matierial. I did go to a site called Karambit.com where you can create your own and i got this computer program called solidworks2016. I guess my main question is that should I save up and buy from a rebuttable site or dealer. Or design one myself to my liking and send them the design?

Quote Originally Posted by karambitfan2930 View Post
    I'm new and I don't know how to post a question so I'll ask here. I have been looking into getting a karambit for awhile now, but of those that I have seen the best one's are out of my budget and the one's I can afford have either poor blade design or cheap matierial. I did go to a site called Karambit.com where you can create your own and i got this computer program called solidworks2016. I guess my main question is that should I save up and buy from a rebuttable site or dealer. Or design one myself to my liking and send them the design?
    If I were you I would save and get a decent one. Check out fox fox 479. Not too expensive at about 120, and they are a pretty good knife. They have several options as well. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    J.Maxwell Wiggins

I am not a newbie to knives but after reading the threads on BF I registered today. You make some great points in your post and the advice I have already picked up on
    from the members has been valuable to me. There's a world of knowledge about this hobby that I have been interested in my whole life.
    If I told my ol' lady about this I would get a world class eye roll out of her. She just doesn't "get it". No harm, no foul.
    Anyway, it's nice to be here.

Stay sharp,

Plutosson

Quote Originally Posted by Plutosson View Post
    I am not a newbie to knives but after reading the threads on BF I registered today. You make some great points in your post and the advice I have already picked up on
    from the members has been valuable to me. There's a world of knowledge about this hobby that I have been interested in my whole life.
    If I told my ol' lady about this I would get a world class eye roll out of her. She just doesn't "get it". No harm, no foul.
    Stay sharp,
    Plutosson
    Welcome.

Get a spyderco Paramilitary 2. You'll thank me later

"If you talk all the time, you will never hear what anybody else has to say, and therefore, all you'll have to talk about is your own conversation."
    -Alan Watts

I am not new to knives but new to blade forums, I will be transplanting from Florida to Michigan within a year, and am looking for knife recommendations, I currently carry a Zt0350 EDC for utility purposes. I plan on starting a post asking about what knives would be good for Michigan.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutosson View Post

Stay sharp,

Plutosson
    My wife not only gets it, she asked for a Schrade Sharpfinger like mine for her to carry. Heck, she's as well armed as I am...Sharpfinger on belt and in front pocket, 9mm in Flashbang holster and a .38 on her hip. She keeps a Buck Pak-Lite in the door of her truck, along with a Schrade Deerslayer wedged in the bench seat. She's a heck of a shot with a bow, too, which is something I've never been able to master.

We don't argue...for obvious reasons. LOL

Hello BladeForums,

I already have a love of historical weapons and I study their use in the HEMA community. However, I'm fairly new to knives as a subject matter and as a collector in general. About 10 years ago I wanted a good pocket knife and asked some friends to help me pick one out. They pointed me to the Spyderco Delica 4 with the stainless handle which I bought. Its still a great knife and exceeded all my expectations, but that was about the extent of my interest until a few months ago when I ran across some videos on knives while browsing youtube. That started my interest in contemporary knives that have some historical context such as the Opinels or Sami knives and moved on from there to EDC and tactical folders, contemporary fixed blades, and traditional folders. My knowledge in all these areas is very preliminary and I'm excited to learn from this community.

cheers,

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread Information