Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whos the resident BUCK expert?

Question Whos the resident BUCK expert?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have a historical knife value question for the resident BUCK expert. Who is the expert collector here? Please Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    I have a historical knife value question for the resident BUCK expert. Who is the expert collector here? Please Thanks
    DrDeath.

You'll find plenty of Buck experts here more than willing to discuss your knife. What can't be discussed is value at your current membership level. We have membership requirements here to sell and discussing value has been used in the past to circumvent these rules. Thanks for understanding.

Jason

OH!........Didnt know.... But that wasnt my intent to circumvent anything... Sorry

I can tell you what you have and when it was manufactured, but as for value it can't be discussed on the forum.
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." --Patrick Henry

West of the Mississippi, South of the Missouri and North of the Meramec
    Who is the expert collector here? Please Thanks
    "I know nothing, nothing"

OH!........Didnt know.... But that wasnt my intent to circumvent anything... Sorry
    I never thought for a second you were doing anything wrong and we're glad to have you here. I was in "prevention" mode as I saw you were inquiring about value in your first post.

Ok can we find out what you have, I'm dying to know
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." --Patrick Henry

West of the Mississippi, South of the Missouri and North of the Meramec
    Gee Matt, this thread has had 132 views so far and we still haven't heard the question....

I always like to hear the question then try to learn from the answer.
    Dave T.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSotoSky View Post
    Gee Matt, this thread has had 132 views so far and we still haven't heard the question....

But we keep coming back, it's like a bad joke...
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

For the love of god, the question please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

Quote Originally Posted by mbjannusch View Post
    For the love of god, the question please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I have a historical question for you until DrDeath returns.

I remember a recent thread about the inverted three liners all being made in 1972. Does that hold true for the Kalinga also??

I've also heard there was an even older Kalinga. Have you or anyone here ever seen one....maybe even have a picture of one??

DrDeath....you have two members here on your thread that are waiting patiently for your question and they are a wealth of knowledge. They can most likely answer any question you have. I am NOT one of those two, but you also have my interest.
    Life BCCI Member #2245
    Down to just needing the two knives below….help!! :-)
    WTB 2013/2014 SMKW Buck 110 Transition knife with silk screening on the blade and serialized from 1 to 250.
    WTB one red (plum) 110 EcoLite with a tang stamp of "50/USA".

I am too lazy to dig out your old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    I remember a recent thread about the inverted three liners all being made in 1972. Does that hold true for the Kalinga also??
    Yes

I've also heard there was an even older Kalinga. Have you or anyone here ever seen one ...
    No

I hope there is nothing to be sad about. Comes time comes answer, may be in another thread

Best,
    Haebbie

... historically speaking, the klingons had never used a buck kalinga in any episode of star trek

I'm not quite sure how to take this statement by Joe Houser in an article (BCCI newsletter June 2007), but it seems to indicate that the three line inverted stamp on the Kalinga started the year it was introduced (1970). If I read and understand him correctly, the two line is rare to non-existant, so that would mean to me that the three liner came the first or at the latest, the second year of production (1971).

"The 401 Kalinga was first introduced in 1970. The
    earliest pictures we have show a two line stamp,
    BUCK, U.S.A. Although it is likely that the one in
    the picture is the ONLY 401 with a two line stamp, I
    mention it here just in case you have one in your collection.
    I have never seen another like it so in either
    case, it is a very rare variation. The more common
    stamping is BUCK, KALINGA, U.S.A. The stamp
    will be in the inverted position, read with the tip
    pointed down, on the first versions. The handles will
    be of a wide grain black micarta. Sometimes it will
    even appear to be more of a grey color. These knives
    will be in the hinged box. It is likely that this type of
    box was used up until about 1985, and then a new 2
    piece box was used."
    BCCI Life member #1706

"Due to the recent increase in the price of ammo, if you try to break in, DO NOT expect a warning shot."

While were waiting we may as well talk Kalinga's. Yes, the two line stamped Kalinga's do exist as I've held one and tried to buy it. It was in excellant condition, with box and all the paperwork. Though, I went up to $$$ he wouldn't part with it. I've also seen the 3 line inverted stamped blades. So, their out there... DM

Thanks Dave and Dave!! I have a couple of the inverted three line Kalingas. I wish I could just lay my eyes on one of the elusive two liners!!
    Life BCCI Member #2245
    Down to just needing the two knives below….help!! :-)
    WTB 2013/2014 SMKW Buck 110 Transition knife with silk screening on the blade and serialized from 1 to 250.
    WTB one red (plum) 110 EcoLite with a tang stamp of "50/USA".

Thanks Dave and Dave!! I have a couple of the inverted three line Kalingas. I wish I could just lay my eyes on one of the elusive two liners!!
    The tern elusive was used by me at one point to explain the rarity of a 119/120 made in 1973 which had 4 micarta spacers. It just so happens that term cought on and now there is an "Elusive 119" on a certain auction site, that has a 1973, three line stamp with 4 micarta spacers. This has nothing to do with the kalinga, but this thread is a hodge podge any way... Does anybody have anything else we can fill this meaningless thread with???
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

Dr Death died June 30, 2011. Maybe we should let him and his phantom knife rest in peace.

Bert

I hope I did run him off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information