Thread: Custom scales for a Dragonfly?

Custom scales for a Dragonfly?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Can anyone recommend someone that could do some nice wooden or carbon fiber scales for my G10 Dragonfly? I find myself not carrying it as often as I used to since I've become somewhat disenchanted with G10 as a handle material.

Tuffthumbz on youtube does amazing work and he did get some new carbon fiber that has his logo imprinted and glows blue. Cuscadi is an option. Look on their site. They have micarta and cf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SOC_MRN_Leon View Post
    Tuffthumbz on youtube does amazing work and he did get some new carbon fiber that has his logo imprinted and glows blue. Cuscadi is an option. Look on their site. They have micarta and cf as well.
    I checked out Tuffthumbz site, but it gave me the impression that he only worked with materials like G10 and Ti. If he does CF, I'll definitely take another look, though.

He does and he has many options for it. His site is not updated frequently. Mainly due to his workload. But yea, you can always call him and ask. Very cool guy!

Why the love loss for G10?

Quote Originally Posted by SOC_MRN_Leon View Post
    The carbon fiber with the glowing logo is really cool, although it's a limited run and all spoken for. Also, his turn around time is about 3 months and he prefers to have you ship your knife to him so he can work on the scales with the knife in hand. So hopefully you are patient!

Contact Luke at Cuscadi (www.cuscadi.de). He does some amazing work in a wide variety of materials. I got a set of custom micarta Para2 scales from him and they fit like a glove.

TedP
    My trusted companion - a Spyderco Solo, black micarta, diamond knot lanyard and Atwood Lanslide.

Spydie Fanatic #185

Quote Originally Posted by jon1all View Post
    Why the love loss for G10?
    Over time, I have begun to simply prefer more high end or exotic scale materials. I have nothing against G10 at all, however, it just doesn't wow me like it used to. I still think it is a great handle material and prefer it on my folders that I use in outdoor settings. Most of the time though, in the urban environment I live in, it isn't a functional necessity on my edc blades.

Thread Information