Thread: Large Bushcraft Knife

Large Bushcraft Knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    I watch a lot of YouTube videos on bushcraft among them a favorite channel produced by seanmulhall “the Silver Fox”. Sean carries a rather large custom knife he has designed and uses it in the same manner the Tom Brown Tracker is designed. That is for all types of camp chores, as a hatchet a draw knife and so much more. In keeping with this this idea I wanted to create a heavy bladed and very tough knife that was not too awful long making it easier to carry and that would make a great survival bushcraft tool. The steel chosen for this task is one quarter inch thick 1095 and forged into shape. I've also left hammer marks and forging scales in the blade to give this knife a unique and rich character. The blade is differentially heat treated (although I did not etch the blade to bring out a temper line) to produce a nice hardedge so it’ll do lot of cutting between sharpening while having a soft spine for great toughness. The sheath is heavy brown tooled leather.

Specs:
    1/4 inch thick 1095 high carbon steel differentially heat treated.

Overall Length about 12.375 inches

Blade Length is 6.75 inches long from tip to wood and 2 inches at the widest point.

Handle is curly Koa wood scales bolted to the knifes full tang.

Sheath is 8/9 ounce tooled brown leather (shown).

I take PayPay (my account is kelley_ward2@agilent.com), major credit cards over the phone (707-479-2530), money orders and checks.
    Thanks,
    Kelley Ward
    Hard Edge Knives
    IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    Last edited by HardedgeKnives; 02-12-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Very cool and interesting knife Kelley! It looks as if, as you mention, it would easily serve for a variety of tasks and uses!
    Robert
    www.photolightscape.com

Knife Collection (Under construction.)
    http://www.photolightscape.com/p1010101300

Very cool ! Love it. Very HD as well. Blade shape kinda looks like a dinosaurs head.

Thanks Idlewild and twinstick I appreciate the compliments. My wife calls this knife the raptor because it does look like a dinosaur. Also I forgot to include the knife description that the blade is also great for batoning. Kelley
    Last edited by HardedgeKnives; 12-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Reminds me of a Spivey Sabertooth, but w/o the finger hole.

Thread Information