Thread: Kershaw Skyline Fixed Blade Sheath

Kershaw Skyline Fixed Blade Sheath

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Thanks Kiah, for another excellent sheath! I'm looking forward to getting this guy out backpacking with me. I'll be shooting you my Fallkniven WM1 soon!

Eh, I just turn on a light and snap some shots, nothing fancy here, haha. It's been with me ever since I got it, great package

Sent a email asking price for one but never got a response. Hoe much ya pay for it?

You already know I like the blade and the sheath, but I wanted to ask if you could make this thread (or another) into some kind of progress report?
    As in: what are your experiences with the knife and the sheath, how do they hold up over time and when did you find them useful (or in which occasions they weren't)?
    That would be interesting! Not much info on the blade on the web when it comes to prolongued use.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr jeffy View Post
    Sent a email asking price for one but never got a response. Hoe much ya pay for it?
    Kiah is a bit busy with batch order work, but I'm sure you'll get a response soon. He'll provide you with a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeocerdoshark View Post
    You already know I like the blade and the sheath, but I wanted to ask if you could make this thread (or another) into some kind of progress report?
    As in: what are your experiences with the knife and the sheath, how do they hold up over time and when did you find them useful (or in which occasions they weren't)?
    That would be interesting! Not much info on the blade on the web when it comes to prolongued use.

Thanks!
    Sure, J, I can do that. I may start a new one in the outdoor gear sub or something. I foresee myself using my Fallkniven WM1 more though, so maybe I'll do an updating thread on both.

Excited!

Haha, sorry Kiah, didn't mean to add to your already large workload .

But all the folks who will be getting sheaths in this run will be very pleased with the sheath, especially in light of the stock sheath. J, as we've discussed, you'll love it!

I' update this thread later, now that I have my firesteel on the sheath, i'ved moved the loop location.

With the firesteel loop in the top location (horizontal on belt, just left of centerline):

The handle of the firesteel got in the way somewhat of my thumb when drawing the knife. I could still do it, but it's just sort of annoying and feels in the way on a knife this size. So Kiah had the foresight to space the lower eyelets at the bottom of the sheath to fit the firesteel loop. Perfect.

Just a quick pic showing it mounted vertically. I prefer to carry horizontal just left of centerline, but the sheath is versatile should I wish to carry vertical.

ETA: My belt is 1.5" wide.
    Last edited by HikingMano; 01-12-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HikingMano View Post
    Haha, sorry Kiah, didn't mean to add to your already large workload .
    I'm cool. I think I've got a little time before the next big batch. I've also put a pretty good amount of monies into some new machinery coming in next week which should lighten my workload dramatically, especially on the hatchet sheaths which are ridiculously time-consuming to individually shape.

Quote Originally Posted by HikingMano View Post
    Ha, I didn't even realize the FS loop would line up there. I thought you were referring to the bottom eyelets on either side.

Nice! Congrats on the new equipment

As for the eyelets, haha, yeah, that's why I tried to confirm in my email. Either way works out. I might switch it down to the lower slot instead, if the current location becomes an issue for some reason.

ETA: Was on my phone, but I mean to add, that was pretty damn lucky it worked out so well
    Last edited by HikingMano; 01-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Looks awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum, wondering if these are currently for sale? I'd love to buy one. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nunya48 View Post
    Looks awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum, wondering if these are currently for sale? I'd love to buy one. Thanks
    Kiah should have the knife now, so just shoot him an email and he should be able to get you set up

I've since changed the firesteel location to the bottom slot (nearest edge) and it works perfectly there. I just got my WM1 back with sheath, so I'm pretty sure that one will see more carry time than the skyline in the near future. Will update thread with thoughts on using both after a while.

Great thanks sent him an email what's the cost?

wouldn't happen to know anyone selling a Kershaw fixed blade would you?

Thread Information