Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157
Results 3,121 to 3,139 of 3139

Thread: Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!

Thanks, my friend.

I've been favouring the larger ebony Lambsfoot lately, but I just did some blade thinning and refinement on this one over the weekend, and boy is it sharp! Great apple peeler and parer.

I find it a very ergonomic and comfortable utilty pattern, Gasman1. I'd be interested what your thoughts on the Lambsfoot are, when you get hold of one.

-Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Champthekid View Post
    Nice!!!
    Looking for Black Delrin Buck 331

Quote Originally Posted by Cambertree View Post
    Whoa! Fantastic!
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

Quote Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Is that a strop in the background?

~ Alan

Bill

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #200

WTB small Sebenza's DOB 8/12 & 1/6

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AShearer View Post
    Nice! Is that a strop in the background?
    Thanks and yes Sir ! Works really well to and actually my favorite strop block . It comes loaded with green compound and last for ever ! It's a strop block from KNIVESPLUS and highly recommend it . I've had it for a few years and it's my go to strop always .

Thanks and yes Sir ! Works really well to and actually my favorite strop block . It comes loaded with green compound and last for ever ! It's a strop block from KNIVESPLUS and highly recommend it . I've had it for a few years and it's my go to strop always .

Well! Thanks. I've been using my Edge Pro up to 1200 then either the included stick / ceramic strop, or going with a 2000 tape on the edge Pro. The tape can be a pain, so maybe it's time for a different final finish? Maybe it's time for a strop block?

~ Alan

Whoa! Fantastic!
    Thanks Alan.
    -Chin

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan1 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Another outstanding composition that you can stare into for a good while. That could be an ad for Old Timers!
    -Chin

Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

Well! Thanks. I've been using my Edge Pro up to 1200 then either the included stick / ceramic strop, or going with a 2000 tape on the edge Pro. The tape can be a pain, so maybe it's time for a different final finish? Maybe it's time for a strop block?
    If you only use your knife for light use it's great to bring a edge back or even lightly polish the blade . It'll bring it back hair popping sharp as long as you don't have bad burrs on the edge . Sometimes I'll hit mine once a night if I've used it more then normal . If not a couple of days a week and let it be known it's somewhat addicting always being able to get that razor sharp edge and feeling and hearing your blade sliding across the strop . There easy to use just remember light pressure is all you need because you can round the edge trying to rush it and pushing hard the leather will slightly wrap around the edge and that's all it takes to round your edge . A convex edge you just slightly roll the knife until you hear the slight contact of the edge and you can actually feel it . When you get to the end of the block just lift the blade straight up and don't roll it .
    It's easy to roll it and not realize it but you'll know what I mean after some practice trial and error .
    I'll even use the block sometimes after using my edge pro even after taking it to 3000 just because I like it .
    You may know all the tricks but just in case you haven't used a strop block thought I'd throw some tips out there so you can get the most out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Cambertree View Post
    Another outstanding composition that you can stare into for a good while. That could be an ad for Old Timers!
    Thanks Chin.

If you only use your knife for light use it's great to bring a edge back or even lightly polish the blade . It'll bring it back hair popping sharp as long as you don't have bad burrs on the edge . Sometimes I'll hit mine once a night if I've used it more then normal . If not a couple of days a week and let it be known it's somewhat addicting always being able to get that razor sharp edge and feeling and hearing your blade sliding across the strop . There easy to use just remember light pressure is all you need because you can round the edge trying to rush it and pushing hard the leather will slightly wrap around the edge and that's all it takes to round your edge . A convex edge you just slightly roll the knife until you hear the slight contact of the edge and you can actually feel it . When you get to the end of the block just lift the blade straight up and don't roll it .
    It's easy to roll it and not realize it but you'll know what I mean after some practice trial and error .
    I'll even use the block sometimes after using my edge pro even after taking it to 3000 just because I like it .
    You may know all the tricks but just in case you haven't used a strop block thought I'd throw some tips out there so you can get the most out of it

Thank you sir. For several years, I have been using the EP and not really hand stropping. Good tips.

~ Alan

Beautiful CF on the Dunlap, Champ.

Thank you sir. For several years, I have been using the EP and not really hand stropping. Good tips.
    Thanks and No Problem my friend 👍

Blog Entries
    My old Parker Edwards 512 Damascus for this small Case Coke Bottle jack

RAT Pack #353, COCB
    SpyderNation#8 (~);-}
    }33,*)> Go Raptors OOO

Blog Entries
    Some old Ring Turners, The Wurlitzer is old Schrade Walden the closed blade is old Iberson Sheffield England Etched Hoffritz and the partially open is another Iberson, a gift from a UK friend from over the other side of the pond. It are the two Ibersons out quite often, they work well when the arthritis flares up.

RAT Pack #353, COCB
    SpyderNation#8 (~);-}
    }33,*)> Go Raptors OOO

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157

Thread Information