Page 6 of 252 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I prefer to work with CRK and have them make a custom face for my Sebenzas. So far I did a family one with stick figures and a Dr. Pepper one (my last name is Pepper, standard family joke). I'm working with them now to get one with an E-3 AWACS put on. I've been flying in the E-3 for 15 years now, so I figured it'd be cool. This is the pic I sent them, I'll post pics when it's complete in 3-4 months.

I can't wait to see ^^^!
    Want to buy CRK Mnandis from 2011 and 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat84 View Post
    No pics as it's direct from CRK,, but got word today that what I thought would take a year is ready to ship after only six months time!

Don't want to spoil it, but I'll say the scales are 20,000 years old and you could climb up and down the blade
    I hate you.
    Life without a knife is, well.... dull

If they outlaw guns...can we use swords?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat84 View Post
    No pics as it's direct from CRK,, but got word today that what I thought would take a year is ready to ship after only six months time!

Don't want to spoil it, but I'll say the scales are 20,000 years old and you could climb up and down the blade
    Ooohhhhh .... nice nice! I am surprised at the turnaround time as I've heard the backlog on these was a lot longer (not quite 20k years ... but a few anyway). ... Were you able to provide any sort of input re. grain / coloring or are you going with the luck of the draw?
    Last edited by masterserg; 04-02-2013 at 09:04 AM.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Quote Originally Posted by blackend View Post
    I hate you.
    So does my wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
    Ooohhhhh .... nice nice! I am surprised at the turnaround time as I've heard the backlog on these was a lot longer (not quite 20k years ... but a few anyway). ... Were you able to provide any sort of input re. grain / coloring or are you going with the luck of the draw?
    I was surprised aswell. Expected atleast a year. Had no input, but Heather described it to me and I am looking forward to its arrival.

Doing a local deal to acquire this tomorrow

Beckerhead #296

Diamond Plate

Should be here today.

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't wait for this one to arrive...

Whoa! What happened. If this ROF is the same one I am thinking about (and kicked myself, because I checked 10 minutes before it went up and then put the computer to sleep for the night!) .... thought you missed it, though claimed seconds. In any event ........ big congrats. Love smalls and Love the River ...... well, you know the rest!!
    Dennis in PA -----> My Knife Collection (updated 3/16/2017)

WANT TO BUY: Alan Davis linerlock folders

That ROF is absolutely stunning my friend.

Great acquisition.

Just arrived yesterday. . .

Pics not working.

I just don't know why ..... but this is my second impulse buy this month (first was a one-of-a-kind Les Voorhies flipper which should be here later this week). Anyway, can't really explain it .... but there was just something about the colors/design that spoke to me. Can't really pinpoint anything specific .... just the overall appearance of this small UG. Here's the dealer pic:

What a cool design!!

Quote Originally Posted by d.r.h. View Post
    I just don't know why ..... but this is my second impulse buy this month (first was a one-of-a-kind Les Voorhies flipper which should be here later this week). Anyway, can't really explain it .... but there was just something about the colors/design that spoke to me. Can't really pinpoint anything specific .... just the overall appearance of this small UG. Here's the dealer pic:

Very cool design! I was surprised to see that there were about 3 of these in stock? I thought they were "one of's"?

Holy Guacamole! Thanks for the heads-up. Just went from anticipation to antipathy in a nanosecond! Thanks for pointing this out. Never dawned on me to press that quantity drop down box .... I mean, after all ..... it's a UG for crying out loud. Went back to the site and sure enough was still showing "in stock" and the drop down box had quantity selections from 1 to 3. Called BHQ to find out what the heck was going on. Asked if the one I had ordered was the one pictured on the site. The rep wasn't sure ...... huh! Said he would check the boxes and pull out the one pictured for my order .... asked me to hold. I held. He returned ....... ummmmmm, don't know how to put this ... none of them look like the one pictured. His explanation was that their photographer probably used a pic of any old UG. Needless to day ...... no longer anticipating ..... canceled the order. I guess now, I will not only have to be careful when ordering natural inlay models ...... but UGs as well!!!

PS .... this actually took place much earlier .... but BF was having serious server problems which prevented any of my posts to go through. Only way to get it through was to remove quoted text.

Wait ... wait ... let me get this straight ... so they post a UNIQUE for sale without the actual photo of the UNIQUE being sold? That means you are buying what? A random design? I can't even begin to fathom the logic ...

Quote Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
    Wait ... wait ... let me get this straight ... so they post a UNIQUE for sale without the actual photo of the UNIQUE being sold? That means you are buying what? A random design? I can't even begin to fathom the logic ...
    I can't either. A few weeks back I saw they had Honduran Rosewood large Sebs with damascus blades in stock. I sent them a message asking to see a pic of the inlays and was pretty much told to buzz off. Needless to say, they lost a potential customer there. I can see them not wanting to take individual pics of a $50 Spiderco, but on a multi-hundred dollar knife who's claim to fame is it's unique beauty???? I'll go elsewhere.

Sadly I have run into this same response to my own request for photos of the exact knives I am interested in purchasing. I have just been lucky that the three Honduran Rosewood Mnandis I have ordered turned out to all be quite nice. But I am currently looking for a certain look and texture in a Mammoth Ivory Mnandi and I will not be looking for it on this dealers website. Other than the lack of cooperation with photographs I have had nothing but good experiences with this dealer. I would gladly have paid for the requested photographs but they were not forthcoming.

So let's shop elsewhere, and go back to posting our inbounds. All I have coming right now is a small Lefty 21. Still pretty cool. And I don't know the date, so it still might check off one of the one's I'm hunting.

Page 6 of 252 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information