Thread: Add Pocket clip to opinel

Add Pocket clip to opinel

ADVERTISEMENT
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to put a pocket clip on an Opinel without drilling any (more) holes in it. What should i do. As you can see from the pic I've already drilled a lanyard hole in it and switched it from clip point to drop point with a file and some sandpaper. It looks pretty sweet, but i still would like a pocket clip. Any advice would help.

Last edited by knifecollector73; 02-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Search for Nite Ize hip clip, or pocket clip. They use a really good adhesive that some folks have used with success.

thanks,
    if i got tired of the clip could i take it off and scrape off the adhesive?

These pics are from another site (linked above the first pic below), showing the clip mod done by someone else (I'm envious). I'd seen 'em a while back, and always thought it to be a great idea.

David

It would be easy to drill out a pair of holes. How does the clip stay in place, epoxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Getahl View Post
    It would be easy to drill out a pair of holes. How does the clip stay in place, epoxy?
    Not sure which clip you're referring to. If referring to the wire clip pictured above, I'd assume epoxy would hold it, and more easily if the ends of the wire go fairly deep into the wood.

David

Talking about the nite ize clip I've used on for a while on one of my multis and its worked well. There is also a thing called a draw clip that is normally used for guns that would work well. Many people have used them on knives and multis.

Adding pocket clips is not in the Traditional repertoire. Moving to Maintenance.
    Frank R

... Still looking for a vorpal blade.
    (op cit Lewis Carroll)

List of BF Dealer Members

if you dont want to drill more holes, there are clips that attach to lanyards like how pocket watches were attached. i havent seen this in a while and don't know who sells that, but it exists. the knife will hang in your pocket from a short lanyard. it looks ugly but it works.

a clip like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed with Edges View Post
    These pics are from another site (linked above the first pic below), showing the clip mod done by someone else (I'm envious). I'd seen 'em a while back, and always thought it to be a great idea.

David
    i have seen these pics before. if i can't find a non-permanent clip idea i probably go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by knifecollector73 View Post
    a clip like this?

yep exactly this without the chain, attached to a very short paracord lanyard. no need to drill anything as you already have a lanyard hole.

Do a search for "P7 Suspension Clip". They're not exactly cheap but they come highly recommended by the EDC crowd (AKA batbelt crowd).
    -StaTiK-

Thread Information