Thread: Why are they Blems?

Why are they Blems?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I've gotten a couple of Kershaw "Blems" from the Kershaw Guy and am very pleased. My questions is - What are some of the reasons that they are rejected for regular sale? I've never found any faults. Maybe I'm just not diserning enough.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like to being taught.
    Winston Churchill

Kershaw/ZT check for faults at microscopic levels, try to find it with a microscope.

I've never seen anything that stood out to me as a blemish on the Kershaw blems. I've always been happy with what I got.

i had one with a slightly bent tip. I straightened it. I had another with a needle point spot of dlc missing on a serration.

The only noticeable blems I've ever gotten were small stains (at least I assume that was the blem) Most of which cleaned off.

My CF blur had a burr on one of the thumbstuds. It was the left hand side so I didn't sweat it and then after a few weeks it fell off. My OD blur had a 1/4 scratch in the anodizing. My OD Zing I couldn't really find much of anything other than some very faint scuffs on the coating of the blade. The four Xs on the blade bother me far more than any actual "blem" I have seen.

That's funny. I swear some of these blems would have made it through QC at other manufacturers. I don't think I could find anything wrong with the ZT-9 blem in my possession.

I just received a zt 0200 blem from Kershawguy. I have to guess what the blem actually is. I have decided its the tiny little mar to the blade that I would have made on my own at first use anyway. I am fine with that. I can't wait till they screw up a batch of 566's with all due respect of course. I am sure it will take a good long time before they show up on Dave's doorstep.

In many cases, I can't find the blem. A couple of had minor cosmetic blemishes (usually on the blade finish), and a couple have had minor issues (nothing that would make the knife unsafe or otherwise non-functional though). If you're looking for a knife to use and are fine with the lack of warranty (although Kershaw will still send minor parts, like screws, torsion bars, and pocket clips), blems are a great value.

my 0550 had the ZT laser etched too deep, it looks awsome

My SG2 JYD blem has an uneven composite line, Im fine with that makes a great user that way. Have a Tigerstripe Blur with a pin head size mark on the DLC barely noticable.

My 0200 black on black, has two bare spots (no DLC) about 1/8" X 1/8", out towards the tip. Other than that, it is an awesome knife !

Beats me! I received a blem Skyline and I'm still trying to figure out if there is even a blem, ha!

Thread Information