Thread: Contego deep carry pocket clip on Mini Griptilian

Contego deep carry pocket clip on Mini Griptilian

ADVERTISEMENT

Just got my Mini Grip from Benchmade for Lifesharp service and got them to replace the clip with a deep carry pocket clip from the Contego. Also in there is my titanium wedding ring and the card wallet
    Last edited by moroland; 04-04-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Sweet! I've done this too on my full size grip. I've noticed that there is a tiny bit of wiggle since it is held by only two screws instead of three. Regardless, I still like this better than the split arrow or block ones.

Can you purchase them from BM?

I assume they'd send one for free but I'd want about a dozen. Some black some silver.

You can't purchase them from benchmade. I just gave them a call to request to purchase a few, and they will only send them to you if you have an 810 Contego. I guess I could have said I have 15 Contegos, but I was so annoyed that they wouldn't let purchase such a simple item I just got off the phone with them. I guess they have their reasons, but if it fits multiple models, they should be available upon request IMHO. I've done enough checking to know which models it fits on, and if I want to change out something on my knife even though it may void the warranty, I should be able to do so if I want. /rant

I agree with CWIN. Not offering clips for sale is DUMB, particularly since they will send one out for free if you have the Contego and you can change the side that the original clip is mounted on without voiding the warranty per their web site recommendation. I found a source for aftermarket stainless steel deep carry clips and have just ordered a total of eight in both black and SS finish. They look like they should fit the BM 3 hole clip mounts using the two outer holes without any modification.

I looked on two knife making materials suppliers web sites which I found via Google searching and both had deep carry clips listed, one in SS and the other in Titanium.

I'm going to do some online searching also. I love my BMs, just wished they had more deep carry options.

Thread Information