Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busse Combat, Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard knife reviews needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Sent one on the KDSH. If you need one for the 1311 let me know, I have used it lovingly.
    **Just having some fun - Pics of my work**

Instagram: JONASIGLESIAS

#125 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Bringing this back to the top! How is this going so far Pokey? Do you have everything you need?

Ok how about a crack at it.....

The platitudes which define the tactical knife genre rarely apply to the products they label. Terms such as toughness and durability are simply measured on a different scale when it comes to SYKCO. The SYCKO 911 is an excellent example of this. While possessing the beef necessary to function effortlessly in prying/splitting roles other brands define as "abusive," does it while maintaining surprisingly fine cutting geometry. A knife which is both extremely durable and functions this well as a slicer/chopper is quite rare. Additionally the mass distribution, afforded in part by the extremely light but comfortable Resiprene C, allows a functional sweet spot in the blade roughly half way down its length allowing allowing effortless chopping free of jarring hand stock. Aside from being a high functioning knife, virtually indestructible, and extremely well priced these knives are warrantied forever assuring you will receive a lifetime of satisfaction. Buy this knife because you'll love it, use it like you hate it because it will not fail, you will not be disappointed.

Sorry, thats the best I've got. I'm a hideously bad salesman. Its embarrassing really......

*edit*
    Upon posting that, I have a better idea:

That is dried tight grain (reaction wood) maple. It required 335 chops, and took 5:47 to cut through and I wasn't going balls out trying to make a speed record. It was the end of a long day of chopping. Factory edge, again after a day of use prying, chopping, batoning, some firecraft, the odd throw that landed it in the dirt, etc.

And a few more pictures:

And a random beauty shot or two:

Nobody reads anything anyway these days.
    Last edited by hunterseeker5; 04-26-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterseeker5 View Post
    Ok how about a crack at it.....

The platitudes which define the tactical knife genre rarely apply to the products they label. Terms such as toughness and durability are simply measured on a different scale when it comes to SYKCO. The SYCKO 911 is an excellent example of this. While possessing the beef necessary to function effortlessly in prying/splitting roles other brands define as "abusive," does it while maintaining surprisingly fine cutting geometry. A knife which is both extremely durable and functions this well as a slicer/chopper is quite rare. Additionally the mass distribution, afforded in part by the extremely light but comfortable Resiprene C, allows a functional sweet spot in the blade roughly half way down its length allowing allowing effortless chopping free of jarring hand stock. Aside from being a high functioning knife, virtually indestructible, and extremely well priced these knives are warrantied forever assuring you will receive a lifetime of satisfaction. Buy this knife because you'll love it, use it like you hate it because it will not fail, you will not be disappointed.

Sorry, thats the best I've got. I'm a hideously bad salesman. Its embarrassing really......

*edit*
    Upon posting that, I have a better idea:

That is dried tight grain (reaction wood) maple. It required 335 chops, and took 5:47 to cut through and I wasn't going balls out trying to make a speed record. It was the end of a long day of chopping. Factory edge, again after a day of use prying, chopping, batoning, some firecraft, the odd throw that landed it in the dirt, etc.

And a few more pictures:

And a random beauty shot or two:

Nobody reads anything anyway these days.
    I do!! Thank you for your extensive review I enjoyed reading it!

Just a bump back to the top.

Garth

Thank you everyone who sent in reviews! I appreciate it

We appreciate YOU!!!..

This is the first time I've seen this post!!! Is it too late for submissions?

What is your deadline?

Just one look and you'll be hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by kenrunchen View Post
    Just one look and you'll be hooked!
    Beautiful! I love the mammoth tooth

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey1 View Post
    Beautiful! I love the mammoth tooth [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Don't you lovely ladies get to see mammoth tooth everyday when you're at work?
    Is Garth and the boys lockin' you out while they're playin' with the stuff???

Quote Originally Posted by kenrunchen View Post
    Don't you lovely ladies get to see mammoth tooth everyday when you're at work?
    Is Garth and the boys lockin' you out while they're playin' with the stuff???
    We definitely see it! It never gets old though

Quote Originally Posted by winmagfrog View Post
    This is the first time I've seen this post!!! Is it too late for submissions?

What is your deadline?
    It is not too late! We need reviews for the following knives;

Argonne Assault LB
    Anniversary Mean Street LE
    Anniversary Mean Street CG
    SYKCO 311
    SYKCO 411
    Hot Diggity Dog Dagger
    SYKCO 911

Thanks everyone

Back to page one. Keep the reviews coming.

Garth

Found one of my reviews on the new site

Find yours!!!!
    #352 in RyanW's 2014 GAW! 2nd Chance #918
    "It is the responsibility of every citizen to question authority" Benjamin Franklin
    "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves" Abraham Lincoln

Great paragraph length, RWT! Weighing in here as a writer...not as a blade-man! So many forum members post paragraphs on various sites that are like staring at a plate of spaghetti! Too much to comprehend! A paragraph can even contain a single sentence...Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information