Thread: (SOLD) Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT Swiss Made

(SOLD) Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT Swiss Made

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Like my knife collection, the watch collection has started to accumulate a little, so selling off this one 

Steinhart is a German company producing Swiss made watches of their own design, as well as retro designs such as this Ocean Vintage GMT, which is a modern production of the “Steve McQueen” Rolex Explorer II Model 1655 from the early 1970s.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2009/1/...e-best-ma.html

Recently, MkII watches also released a Swiss made model very similar known as the LRRP (no longer available.) So it’s a popular, semi-iconic “modern retro” model that looks great!

I bought it in Oct 2012 so just over 6 months old and I’ve worn it for about a month in the office (no underwater, no outdoor activities.)

It’s a nice weighty Swiss made GMT watch, which is accurate enough for me (Swiss ETA 2893-2 automatic movement) and comes with all extra links, tag and inner/outer boxes.

Condition is used, but in excellent condition. The primary wear marks are “desk diving” marks on the clasp of the bracelet and a few small scratches on the polished metal which is to be expected after a month of office wear. Crystal is perfect.

I will offer a 7-day refund (buyer to pay return insured shipping) if you decide it’s not your thing.

My wrist is a little over 6.75” so pretty small comparatively.

Desk diving swirls.

Inner box with spare links and tag

Close up

Inner / Outer box

SPECIFICATIONS
    ETA 2893-2 Swiss Made, automatic, hacking seconds
    Jewels: 21 jewels

Functions
    hour and minute hand with Super Luminova C3
    central second hand..
    Date at “3”

hour and minute with Super Luminova C3
    adjus Bracelet: stainless steel 22mm (0.87 inches), screwedtable second time zone using swivel and watch hand

Case: stainless steel
    Back: Stainless steel screwed , engraved..
    Diameter: 42 mm, without crown
    height: ca 14,0 mm
    Weight: 190 g
    Dial: black
    Crystal: Sapphire domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
    Bezel: Stainless steel..
    Indices: Super Luminova C3
    Lug width: 22 mm (0.87 inches)
    WaterRes: 300 metres/990 feet 30 ATM
    Strap: stainless steel 22mm (0.87 inches), screwed
    Buckle: stainless steel, safety clasp

Price is SOLD including free tracked shipping worldwide. Feel free to send through any reasonable offer, but sorry no trades at the moment.
    Please post a “I’ll take it” and you can PM me or email Daniel “at” proedge.co.nz
    Last edited by Daniel L; 04-23-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Thread Information