Thread: (SOLD) Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT Swiss Made

(SOLD) Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT Swiss Made

ADVERTISEMENT
    Like my knife collection, the watch collection has started to accumulate a little, so selling off this one 

Steinhart is a German company producing Swiss made watches of their own design, as well as retro designs such as this Ocean Vintage GMT, which is a modern production of the “Steve McQueen” Rolex Explorer II Model 1655 from the early 1970s.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2009/1/...e-best-ma.html

Recently, MkII watches also released a Swiss made model very similar known as the LRRP (no longer available.) So it’s a popular, semi-iconic “modern retro” model that looks great!

I bought it in Oct 2012 so just over 6 months old and I’ve worn it for about a month in the office (no underwater, no outdoor activities.)

It’s a nice weighty Swiss made GMT watch, which is accurate enough for me (Swiss ETA 2893-2 automatic movement) and comes with all extra links, tag and inner/outer boxes.

Condition is used, but in excellent condition. The primary wear marks are “desk diving” marks on the clasp of the bracelet and a few small scratches on the polished metal which is to be expected after a month of office wear. Crystal is perfect.

I will offer a 7-day refund (buyer to pay return insured shipping) if you decide it’s not your thing.

My wrist is a little over 6.75” so pretty small comparatively.

Desk diving swirls.

Inner box with spare links and tag

Close up

Inner / Outer box

SPECIFICATIONS
    ETA 2893-2 Swiss Made, automatic, hacking seconds
    Jewels: 21 jewels

Functions
    hour and minute hand with Super Luminova C3
    central second hand..
    Date at “3”

hour and minute with Super Luminova C3
    adjus Bracelet: stainless steel 22mm (0.87 inches), screwedtable second time zone using swivel and watch hand

Case: stainless steel
    Back: Stainless steel screwed , engraved..
    Diameter: 42 mm, without crown
    height: ca 14,0 mm
    Weight: 190 g
    Dial: black
    Crystal: Sapphire domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
    Bezel: Stainless steel..
    Indices: Super Luminova C3
    Lug width: 22 mm (0.87 inches)
    WaterRes: 300 metres/990 feet 30 ATM
    Strap: stainless steel 22mm (0.87 inches), screwed
    Buckle: stainless steel, safety clasp

Price is SOLD including free tracked shipping worldwide. Feel free to send through any reasonable offer, but sorry no trades at the moment.
    Please post a “I’ll take it” and you can PM me or email Daniel “at” proedge.co.nz
    Last edited by Daniel L; 04-23-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information