Paid memberships don't see ads!
    big GEC fan

happy to ship them over to the UK on the basis of a photo

not yet had an issue with one and own a fair few

the 70's patterns are my go to knives

big fan of the #71,72, and 73

got a fixed blade on its way at the moment

would definatly bag a #74 if they ever bring out a single blade clip point

Woodrow, I hear you on the #81 frame stockman. Pretty much a dream knife for me in stag, brown bone or ebony with matchstriker pull. Be cool with a proper spey blade ground very thin and hard complete with the old timey "For Flesh Only" etch!
    Jamie

"Sharp blades are good to have, if Shire-folk go walking, east, south, or far away into dark and danger" - J.R.R. Tolkien
    WANTED - KSF POCKET SLIP WITH CLIP

Quote Originally Posted by blademan 13 View Post
    Woodrow, I hear you on the #81 frame stockman. Pretty much a dream knife for me in stag, brown bone or ebony with matchstriker pull. Be cool with a proper spey blade ground very thin and hard complete with the old timey "For Flesh Only" etch!
    I love the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by blademan 13 View Post
    ...or one in red and green acrylic, with "For Gummibears Only" etched on the spey-blade

Haha, somehow I'm having a tough time shaking that image
    Jamie

"Sharp blades are good to have, if Shire-folk go walking, east, south, or far away into dark and danger" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by fatcorgi View Post
    ...or one in red and green acrylic, with "For Gummibears Only" etched on the spey-blade
    I ate a whole bag of gummibears yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dead View Post
    I ate a whole bag of gummibears yesterday...
    they can be pretty dangerous, especially in packs . a dedicated gummibear blade would definitely be of use (I hope GEC isn't reading this ).

GummiBears . . . no, but now Sour Rips, that's another story altogether! And any GEC will work beautifully.

For Sunday go-to-meeting . . .

it's hard to beat a nice thin pocket/NKP friendly Whiteowl
    I thought I was in a bad mood but it's been a few years so I guess this is who I am now.

I am saving my pennies for the batch of 73 and 72 in production at the moment. Will be getting a few I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by fatcorgi View Post
    Definitely could be a subset for their acrylic handled versions. That would be kinda fun. If I was going to buy two, I might pick up one.

Speaking of acrylic, here's something I learned over the week end (GEC Rendezvous) that I never would have guessed.

Look at these two knives:

and

Their covers are made from the same acrylic.

Yes, really.

If the material used as "blue corduroy" on the Maverick is sliced the other way, ie, through the stripes, the result is the "faded blue denim" as seen on the Conductor Whittler, sparkles and all.

~ P.

That's kinda neat. I'm generally not a fan of Acrylic, but there are a few exceptions. I really like that blue in the conductor. The other is the Western Outlaw with the Guitar Shield. Don't know if I'll ever get around to buying one (too many knives too little dollars), but I do like it.

761213-wo-western-sunset.jpg

Well, it's official... my new favourite GEC is the #68 Pony Jack. My particular specimen is about as flawless as I can imagine: everything is smooth and flush, no gaps, gorgeously matched ebony covers that each have a subtle 'flame' of chocolate brown woodgrain (I wish I had a better camera that could capture the true beauty of the scales.) Simple and elegant, dressy or casual. As much as I like the other Great Eastern folders in my collection, the Pony Jack wins by a furlong!

-Brett

The PJs are a great pattern for sure. I specifically like them with the clip blade. It's just the right combo for that knife. For the White Owl, the spear seems to look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow F Call View Post
    The PJs are a great pattern for sure. I specifically like them with the clip blade. It's just the right combo for that knife. For the White Owl, the spear seems to look right.
    Agreed! The clip-point master with the long pull also makes it easy to get at behind that pen-blade.

-Brett

Agreed, a clip point Pony Jack is where it is at. I can actually pinch the main open on mine.
    Jamie

Id like to see GEC take their #81 pattern and make an improved muskrat / Hawbaker. Id just love it and would buy as many different handle options I could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    Id like to see GEC take their #81 pattern and make an improved muskrat / Hawbaker. Id just love it and would buy as many different handle options I could afford.
    That has to wait until after they make a stockman in that pattern!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timberweasel View Post
    Well, it's official... my new favourite GEC is the #68 Pony Jack. My particular specimen is about as flawless as I can imagine: everything is smooth and flush, no gaps, gorgeously matched ebony covers that each have a subtle 'flame' of chocolate brown woodgrain (I wish I had a better camera that could capture the true beauty of the scales.) Simple and elegant, dressy or casual. As much as I like the other Great Eastern folders in my collection, the Pony Jack wins by a furlong!

-Brett
    very nice looking knife. i was just looking at this knife on the gec website as possibly my first gec.

Page 6 of 410 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information