Thread: What does "delivery status not updated" mean?

What does "delivery status not updated" mean?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I sent something via USPS insured with tracking and the delivery was expected on the 22nd. Instead of "delivered" it says "delivery status not updated." I checked USPS tracking appendix which says:

When a mailpiece is given the “OF” event (out for delivery), there is an expectation that within 14 hours the piece will receive a clock-stopping scan. If a clock-stopping scan is not made within 14 hours, a “DX” event is created to show “Delivery Status Not Updated”.
    I sent the item as a present so don't want to call to see what happened, but I guess I'll have to. I have no idea what a "clock-stopping scan" is, or whether this means my package wasn't delivered and is lost, or it's being held somewhere. Does this mean they lost it while it was out for delivery or something??

Look where I'm looking!

That shouldn't be the only actions listed. It sounds like the carrier only scanned the insurance label which you can't track online. if you don't get updated info soon- call or go to your local P.O.-- they get more detailed infor on their "in house" tracking. Plus they will look up both #'s
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Monofletch View Post
    That shouldn't be the only actions listed. It sounds like the carrier only scanned the insurance label which you can't track online. if you don't get updated info soon- call or go to your local P.O.-- they get more detailed infor on their "in house" tracking. Plus they will look up both #'s
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks. I called the USPS number and they said that I need to contact the post office that was supposed to deliver the package to find out what happened to it. Will do that Monday when they're open.

Look where I'm looking!

Thread Information