Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a copy cat on ebay, talon hole and all

Found a copy cat on ebay, talon hole and all

ADVERTISEMENT
    just an fyi jerry

PLEASE...NO links to any webpage containing a copy, forgery, counterfeit, or "homage" knife for sale.
    If you want to discuss here, post only the image(s) here in a thread so long as the image URL does not link back to the site listing the phony item.
    This is the best compromise between openly discussing these, and not wishing to make it any easier for those who'd rather seek out and buy a knockoff over the original quality product(s).

Thank you.

Last edited by Jaxx; 08-02-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Link removed.

Quite a few copies.
    WANTED: Silent Knight , 2 Bolt Badger , Steel Heart 1 (with side stamp), Lil Ugly
    Busse Paraphernalia...patches, letters, magazines, boxes, original ad or articles
    Well.....here I am ~ Jubal Early
    WTB FAT SKELETON KEY
    COLD STEEL VOYAGER 5" Old Style

That name on the knife is interesting.
    "EUSST CODHSAT"

Bad translation or what.....
    Eric "The Bully" Isaacson

Ah thanks, Eric Isaacson, I was trying to figure out what that said hahaha. Nice that they disabled the zoom so it's difficult to tell

Given my passion for ASH1s that makes me feel a little sick..!

Thanks for the heads up.

Garth

"EUSST CODHSAT"
    That sounds like a cool company to follow....... Nice matching kydex - that is worth $50 alone !
    "All Hail the Magic Blade"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Isaacson View Post
    "EUSST CODHSAT"

Lost in translation? LOL
    I guess you can squint real hard & look through your eyelashes & it resembles "Busse", but no matter how hard I try, that last letter salad just has too many letters for Combat...

Ordered! Thanks for the chance!

No but seriously, this is a problem. I have emailed Jerry about a copy once and he said that it got worked out. This is just a bit too obvious, almost an exact copy.
    Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters.
    Victor Hugo

JYD #148
    Proud supporter JK Knives #69

Oh and that auction has 31 watchers on it. I am sure they will sell a few. Shame.
    As long as there is a demolition test that is acceptable.
    Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters.
    Victor Hugo

JYD #148
    Proud supporter JK Knives #69

Quote Originally Posted by RUNIT View Post
    Oh and that auction has 31 watchers on it. I am sure they will sell a few. Shame.
    As long as there is a demolition test that is acceptable.
    Those copies would be lucky to survive the mail...

yeah its from china so it would probably break just looking at light kindling...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Isaacson View Post
    "EUSST CODHSAT"

I always think the same thing when I see some d-bag with an asian-symbol tattoo. The tattoo guy said it meant power, serenity or something clever ... Reality is it just something some tattoo artist made up and probably means nothing at all... or it may mean dorky white guy, dunce or maybe worse. Let your imagination run wild here next time you see a tattoo like that.

I imagine the asians probably look at the tattoo and laugh at the same way we laugh at "EUSST CODHSAT".

The moral of this story... stick to your own language.

Caution should be taken in reading posts as author is NOT young enough to know everything. Thanks.

Overpriced.

"Cataloguing my virtues won't work either... I hold them to a minimum so they're easy to keep track of." -Jim Rockford

Quote Originally Posted by kdstrick View Post
    I always think the same thing when I see some d-bag with an asian-symbol tattoo. The tattoo guy said it meant power, serenity or something clever ... Reality is it just something some tattoo artist made up and probably means nothing at all... or it may mean dorky white guy, dunce or maybe worse. Let your imagination run wild here next time you see a tattoo like that.

I imagine the asians probably look at the tattoo and laugh at the same way we laugh at "EUSST CODHSAT".

I work with a woman, she had 2 different kanji symbols tattooed on her ankle. 1 was like power, and the other was something like life or something, anyways, we had a Chinese fellow that recently retired who worked with her one night, he took one look at her leg & asked,
    "Why you have kung fu on your leg?"
    He said the other symbol was nothing, but the entire situation was hilarious none the less! LOL

Actually I do wish Jerry would use d2 more often. I like a good carbon steel in some of the smaller knives

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman1911 View Post
    I work with a woman, she had 2 different kanji symbols tattooed on her ankle. 1 was like power, and the other was something like life or something, anyways, we had a Chinese fellow that recently retired who worked with her one night, he took one look at her leg & asked,
    "Why you have kung fu on your leg?"
    He said the other symbol was nothing, but the entire situation was hilarious none the less! LOL

Classic... thanks for verifying my suspicion... that's hilarious! kung fu!!!

Caution should be taken in reading posts as author is NOT young enough to know everything. Thanks.

Now that is Fraud to the fullest...a total ASH copy... I want a real ASH soooo bad...this sickens me.

Resist US ignorance that assumes all things made in china are cheap and inferior. Whether we like it or not, the fact is china is the world's manufacturing super power...capable of producing the cheapest products to the most advanced state of the art/science. That being said, this particular product is without a doubt a pathetic piece of $hit compared to a real Busse.

Quote Originally Posted by verisharp View Post
    Actually I do wish Jerry would use d2 more often. I like a good carbon steel in some of the smaller knives
    D2 is a tool steel not a carbon steel. It doesn't have the impact toughness of many other steels, so it's not a good choice for a large fixed blade, but it can be pretty good in smaller fixed blades.

That steel is also pretty much guaranteed to be a Chinese "equivalent" of D2 steel, not really D2 steel.

That blade has the telltale cheap stonewashing and it appears to have finish issues on the handle. Stonewashing is fantastic if done properly, otherwise it looks bad and serves to invite corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by kdstrick View Post

Stick to your own language? Why not learn several...if you're smart enough that is. I wish I was...my brain limits me to simple phrases when I'm in foreign turf to get by. As far as Kanji tattoos... I agree most people who get them are dumbarses that are clueless...but not all...some have meaningful ties. Kanji is not a mystery...all it would take is a little research to educate yourself in advance of permanently marking your body. Anybody who doesn't is a total pretentious moron IMO deserving of ridicule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information