Thread: F/S: Rod Chappel Walrus Ivory Skinner

F/S: Rod Chappel Walrus Ivory Skinner

ADVERTISEMENT
    For sale:

Rod Chappel Lady Diana model, 4.25" 440-C blade, hollow ground with a convex edge. Natural walrus ivory (not fossil) with no checks or cracks. Stainless guard and pommel. Signed "Roderick Caribou Chappel....Personal...Ser. No. 2... May 28th, 1984". Near mint condition with very small, light scratches on one side of the guard (only visible when held to the light). Includes suede lined, dark brown sheath and early Chappel catalog. This is a very fine example of the Lady Diana model and Rod's overall style and work.

$695 Shipped (CONUS Only)

Email if interested.

Thanks,

Tom

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TAH; 09-02-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Changed photo format

Price drop: $650 shipped!

And I'll throw in the first ever Blade Magazine dated May-June 1973, Vol. 1, No. 1 in excellent condition. This issue features a long article with photos on Chappel and his knives. A $75 or more value!

Would like to talk please call Billy 4803137984 , thank you

Billy,

I'll give you a call later today.

Thanks,
    Tom

Sale withdrawn. Back to the safe.

Very interested in Chappel knife you displayed. Any chance of opening up the safe one more time? Call 301-717-2068. thank you.

Blade Mag. Rod Chappel Knife

Hi Tom, I am interested if you every change your mind. Also, would you consider parting with the Blade copy. I have a few of Rod's knives and sure would like to have copies of that story to go with them.

Best Regards,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    For sale:

Rod Chappel Lady Diana model, 4.25" 440-C blade, hollow ground with a convex edge. Natural walrus ivory (not fossil) with no checks or cracks. Stainless guard and pommel. Signed "Roderick Caribou Chappel....Personal...Ser. No. 2... May 28th, 1984". Near mint condition with very small, light scratches on one side of the guard (only visible when held to the light). Includes suede lined, dark brown sheath and early Chappel catalog. This is a very fine example of the Lady Diana model and Rod's overall style and work.

$695 Shipped (CONUS Only)

Email if interested.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post and interest. I was able to find a way to keep my Chappel. Almost had to let her go due to a job issue, but I took care of that and was able to recover. Close one! I've owned it for 20 years and certainly didn't want to part with it, but family comes first.

As for the Blade Magazine, I am going to keep it for the same reason you stated. However, here are a couple of options. Blade Magazine offers a DVD Bundle of the last 35 years that includes the May 1973 issue, but it's a little pricey (http://www.shopblade.com/history-of-blade-magazine)...OR...if you email me your mailing address, I'd be happy to photocopy the article and send it to you.

In case you missed it, I started a Chappel thread in the Custom Knife Sub-forum. Lots of great information, stories, and photos. Please feel free to post photos of your Chappel knives. Would love to see them and keep the thread alive a little longer. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...u-quot-Chappel

Let me know about the article. Thanks Mike.

Tom

Thank you Tom... for both the info on Blade and the Thread. I have emailed you my address and would greatly appreciate a copy of that article. I am glad you were able to keep you knife. Best Wishes, Mike

Thread Information