Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to/with your Becker today?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Made a new Strop out of 7oz veg tan leather, cased it and rolled it flatter with a rolling pin (its hard now) and loaded it up with Green compound (chrome oxide). Stropped my 16, 15 and 24 to see how well the green stuff works.

Made a pot of Chili with help from the 15.

Quote Originally Posted by cschol View Post
    Made a new Strop out of 7oz veg tan leather, cased it and rolled it flatter with a rolling pin (its hard now) and loaded it up with Green compound (chrome oxide). Stropped my 16, 15 and 24 to see how well the green stuff works.

Made a pot of Chili with help from the 15.

Man that chilli looks awesome, have you tried habaneros yet? Oh and nice patina on that steel

^^^ no habaneros, just the banana peppers and one Chile pepper in the mix.
    Thanks, it is a deep gun blue and bleach etching. Just picked up some wood for scales today.

doubled

Honed the 2 after a day of hacking through drywall and cardboard.

Used my 14 today to prep good, to take down some low shrubberies in my grandmoms front yard, and to hammer/drive a piece of metal back into my windscreen wiper on my car.
    The wiper was leaving nasty stripes on the windscreen so something was clearly wrong. It appeared to be a long piece of metal that came out on one side. It somehow got misplaced so the pressure on the wiper changed. Now everything's back ok.

Made breakfast with my BK16

Made breakfast with my brand spanking new BK11 and found out you can't get the last of the jelly out of the jar with one. Had to get a spoon.
    The only time you have too much ammunition is when your house is on fire. - Anonymous
    "A Folding Blade is a Bleeding Finger" - Zzyzzogeton
    Beckerhead #346 KaBar Krew #17

Went looking for fatwood today with my BK1 Brute. Didn't find much, but my Brute fits perfectly in my BK4 stock sheath. Damn,,now i need a sheath for my bk4

One of my neighbors did a little tree trimming on a big oak and stacked the limbs by the curb.

So I grabbed my 9 out of my bag and picked out a few good sized victims. Limbs and branches ranging from 1.5"- 4" in diameter were plentiful. I got home with enough to keep me busy for a while and I got to work.

At this point I have to say how impressed I am with the 9 every time I use it. If your technique is good, you can cleanly cut through a 2" limb with one swing. My technique isn't that good but I got lucky a few times and man was I impressed!

Anyway, I chopped the limbs into batonable pieces and got started. After about half the work was done, I brought out my seldom used but much respected BK2. I'd almost forgotten how well it batons. It started getting dark and my wife got home from work so I left most of it for tomorrow or, more likely, this weekend.

I totally failed to snap any pics while I was chopping and batoning. I just got too wrapped up. Maybe this weekend I'll do better on that.

KA-BAR KREW #19

For halloween my son is going to be Peter Pan. Peter Pan carries a dagger, so I made a dagger. About 95% was done with my BK9. My 14 helped a little, and I used a folding saw to cut the log to length.

It's not perfect but it makes a 4 year old happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rokclmb View Post
    For halloween my son is going to be Peter Pan. Peter Pan carries a dagger, so I made a dagger. About 95% was done with my BK9. My 14 helped a little, and I used a folding saw to cut the log to length.

It's not perfect but it makes a 4 year old happy.
    Definitely an honorable task for the king and well done on your part. Your son won't notice any imperfections that you see. That's all that matters.
    Semper fi, GFY!
    Any idiot can be a steel expert behind the computer.
    http://Www.tmhuntcustomknives.com/

Nice job on the dagger! Today I cut up some insulation with the remora.

So far today I just sharpened a pencil with my 11.

Today I used the King to cut through scores of cannas faster than they could be chopped down with choppers, and then I helped carve a thick walled pumpkin.

Nothing smart.

Due to the way my colon cancer surgery scar warped my belly button, it accumulates fuzz, lint, dirt, etc.

Every other day, after my shower, I clean it out with a wet cue tip.

This morning I realized that I was out of cue tips and my BK11 was just sitting there doing nothing. So I wrapped some damp toilet paper around the tip of the 11 and tried to remove the "stuff" from my navel.

The 11 performed well , removing the crud, a few layers of skin and left behind a nice 3/8 inch slice down in the very bottom of my belly button that bled for a while.

Tried to take a pic, but I couldn't spread the belly button and take a good picture at the same time. All I got was pics of a furry belly and a belly button.

So, the knife did what I wanted it to, remove the gunk.
    It also did what it was DESIGNED to do, cut stuff.

So the moral of this story is "When you use a knife for a purpose for which it is NOT designed, don't be surprised at the results."
    The only time you have too much ammunition is when your house is on fire. - Anonymous

You win LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzzogeton View Post
    Nothing smart.

Due to the way my colon cancer surgery scar warped my belly button, it accumulates fuzz, lint, dirt, etc.

This morning I realized that I was out of cue tips and my BK11 was just sitting there doing nothing. So I wrapped some damp toilet paper around the tip of the 11 and tried to remove the "stuff" from my navel.

The 11 performed well , removing the crud, a few layers of skin and left behind a nice 3/8 inch slice down in the very bottom of my belly button that bled for a while.

Tried to take a pic, but I couldn't spread the belly button and take a good picture at the same time. All I got was pics of a furry belly and a belly button.

So the moral of this story is "When you use a knife for a purpose for which it is NOT designed, don't be surprised at the results."

Yesterday Built a fire with my firesteel and my 11. Used it to sharpen sticks to roast hot dogs . Cut the rolls and spread mustard on dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzzogeton View Post
    Nothing smart.

I really hope you remembered to get Q-Tips. If not, my suggestion, use the butt of the handle, not the tip. The butt won't cut!

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleonbear View Post
    I really hope you remembered to get Q-Tips. If not, my suggestion, use the butt of the handle, not the tip. The butt won't cut!
    Yep. Top item on the list for a wallyworld stop yesterday. The butt of an 11 won't fit. Next time I'm outta q-tips, I'll most likely wait a day, or as a last resort, go get a toothpick or a butter knife or something not so sharp.

Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread Information