Thread: Camillus Thrash??

Camillus Thrash??

ADVERTISEMENT
    The local box store was putting up the "seasonal" knives and the first one was a Camillus Thrash. I couldn't resist. I will post specs and pics in a bit.

Should I even open it?

Last edited by Monofletch; 11-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Hmm... I guess I got my answer! LOL!

Such a... knife... there. I guess everybody has a style. So long as the blade is AUS-8 or VG-10 you did fine, because the current Camillus does those steels well. If it is 440, well... it is a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by dkb45 View Post
    Such a... knife... there. I guess everybody has a style. So long as the blade is AUS-8 or VG-10 you did fine, because the current Camillus does those steels well. If it is 440, well... it is a knife.
    Well, I took a shot. I didn't open it yet. Might make a good last minute gift.
    The package doesn't say if it's 440 or ELMAX. I bet it's "surgical stainless" for the price I paid.

It does have a serrated lanyard hole! LOL!
    Last edited by Monofletch; 11-02-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Well that knife isn't listed on the Camillus website, so I would say your best bet is 440.

Thrash? I think that's a typo. Clearly they meant to only have one h in the name. (Sorry--the joke was too easy)

...does that package really say "Serrated Lanyard Hole" on it?

As long as you're happy with your purchase that's what matters most, but suffice to say it wouldn't have a stall in my stable.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

You did mention the gift option. Maybe you have a nephew that would wet his pants after he pulled the wrapping paper off that on Christmas morning?

Walmart is selling a model with VG-10. It will say it on the box.

Aesthetically it isn't too bad. I'm not a fan but I bet if it said ZT on it more people (not everyone) would like the look more. Honestly I'd probably be one of them.

That's awesome!

Come on, fellas, don't hate.

I'd buy one, if it wasn't half serrated.

Better question, how much was the knife? That will give us a better guess on the steel.

I would bet $20.00..That seams to be wallys target gift price with holiday knives.. Last year they had at least three gift packs that were all $20.00 each.. Buck had a stockman,solo combo as well as a canoe,toothpick combo....Kershaw had a Brawler,flashlight,steel pen set and Sog had a big lockback similar to a 110..(almost bought that one)..CD

Quote Originally Posted by CellerDrummer View Post
    I would bet $20.00..That seams to be wallys target gift price with holiday knives.. Last year they had at least three gift packs that were all $20.00 each.. Buck had a stockman,solo combo as well as a canoe,toothpick combo....Kershaw had a Brawler,flashlight,steel pen set and Sog had a big lockback similar to a 110..(almost bought that one)..CD
    You got it.

I opened it.... It has Teflon washers which I expected. The edge wasn't great, but all it took was leather and green compound- now it is sharp. The liner is thin, but no blade play or wobble. Locks up really early. It is open pillar construction with all aluminum parts which is good. It was super easy to sharpen because of the 2 flat edges. This knife would be 10 X better if it had a clip or drop point. I hate tanto blades.
    Thinking of the other knives I could have bought for $20 I'd say it is worth the effort if you like this kind of blade shape.
    I was recently gifted a RAT Model 1 which is also a very inexpensive knife--night and day difference!! Those that own a RAT 1 know what I'm talking about.

I found this thread when I was looking for the knife to recomend it to a friend. I have had this knife for a month and I love it to death. That coolest thing about this knife is how usefull that awkrard beard on the blade is. It looks goofy as hell the way it gets fat at the til with that concave edge leading to the tato point. If you hould the knif in a reverse grip, meaning the edge to you but not underhand, still an overhand grip. When you hold it like this you can flex your writ to angle the balde tighter towds your arm while drawing back and it shreds plastic blister packs with precision and ease. It's also good for general purpse cutting of everything because of that hook bill it has going. For 20 bucks it is a great deal and cheap enough to not cry over losing or beating it up. I got a benchmade automatic while I was over seas and a co workr stole it about a year after I got it. That was depressing. I would not miss this and for 20 bucks I will be giving them to family for christmass and toss a couple inn the back of my night stand for replacement of lost or damaged knife in the future. I don't think you caqn go wrong with tis knif because of the quality for the price. What really blew me away was that when i removed a screw to locktight it, it was already locktighted. That made an impression on me because I always heve to do thi or I will inevitably lose a screw within the first 6 months of carrying a knife. I use my tools daily and am hard on them .

I recomend this knife to anyone.

Thread Information