Thread: Selling Knives

Selling Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hi guys, I'm brand new here and started collecting knives years ago. I've never joined a knife forum before so I figured this was the best place to ask. I didn't know where to put this question in the selling boards, so if the mods could redirect me that would be great. What are tips to sell my large collection of knives? I usually go to flea markets in my local area but it doesn't always pay off. When I bring cheap knives they expect to pay five dollars and when I try to sell my decent ones they want to pay even less because they want a deal. Is there any site where I can deal in knives not having to worry about laws? I don't want to sell to someone in Nevada, and find out they were actually in California. I'm interested in dealing with people on here, but I also want to get rid of my cheap-o's too. So do any of you guys have any suggestions for sites where I can sell without worry?
    Last edited by Blues; 11-10-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Edited by moderator to comply with forum guidelines

Gold membership,sell them here.

Yes to sell on this forum you need a paid Gold membership. It's worth getting. But in your case you may actually need a Dealer membership.

However, very few here would be interested in buying cheapo knives. Ultimately you should consider building your own website and developing a positive reputation among the knife community. Otherwise eBay is always an option. Selling automatic or butterfly knives will always be a slippery slope. Don't really know what to tell you there.
    "The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome" - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Yes to sell on this forum you need a paid Gold membership. It's worth getting. But in your case you may actually need a Dealer membership.

However, very few here would be interested in buying cheapo knives. Ultimately you should consider building your own website and developing a positive reputation among the knife community. Otherwise eBay is always an option. Selling automatic or butterfly knives will always be a slippery slope. Don't really know what to tell you there.
    I understand this. Is Craigslist a good option?
    Last edited by Blues; 11-10-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Forum guidelines

Sell them here and support the site you are taking advantage of to ask questions. Seems like the honorable thing to do. Particularly for someone trying to establish a reputation as an honorable seller.

Selling knives on a knife forum makes the most sense as 100% of the audience has some degree of interest in your product.

Some tips: photos, specs (blade length, blade material), and degree of newness. Don't claim New in Box if you have taken it out and cut some paper. Also disclose if the edge is factory original, or sharpened by the owner.

We cannot use this forum to recommend or promote the selling of knives elsewhere on the web or via auction sites. A "gold" membership, (or "dealer" membership if appropriate), will entitle you to sell your knives on this site to interested parties. (Links to appropriate rules and guidelines can be found below.)

Regardless of where you choose to sell, be it online or a flea market, you are still bound by local, state and national laws. Pleading ignorance or deliberate ignorance is not an excuse for violating any regulations and will not protect you in a court of law should it ever come to that.

Please take some time to familiarize yourself with our rules and guidelines as you evaluate whether a gold, platinum or dealer membership will suit your needs.
    Last edited by Blues; 11-10-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: clarification
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

Thread Information