Page 1 of 371 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Busse Combat Limited Edition Basic 8

The Busse Combat Limited Edition Basic 8

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    A short history of this very loooong thread...

The Limited Edition Basic 8 (B8 LE) was part of an "LE quartet" introduced at Blade Show 2011.

As introduced at Blade Show 2011:

Second from left...

I started this thread in December 2013 to try and drum up support for release of the Basic 8, the only one of the four not to be released at that point. On Valentine's Day 2015, we got our wish...

Posted 2-14-15:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Busse View Post
    Oh, there's a Ganzaaaa coming my friends!!!!

A Basic Eight LE Ganzaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's coming next week!

So, sharpen your hooves and prepare for Trough Warfare!!!!!!!!!!

'til then,

Let's Drink!!!!

Jerry

AND, FINALLY...

Thank you, Jerry!!!

After the very well-received release, Stump Buster, Tom Kanik and a host of others decided to keep the thread alive in hopes of a beefier model, a dream knife that has come to be known as the HOG B8. Following are Stump Buster's thoughts after almost two years of discussion, analysis and fervent wishes:

Quote Originally Posted by Stump Buster View Post
    SPECS???? Did someone say SPECS?????

Hmmmmm, let's see.... the short answer:

"HOG B-EIGHT"

We have bantered about thicknesses ranging between .270-.358 (with .308 being pretty popular for obvious reasons) = True HOG territory!

Blade Length - If we stick with the .308 thickness, 7.62" from the Res-C handle should be about right and still be close enough to 8" to be called a B8.

A Saber Ground Blade would be grEIGHT for chopping, battoning, prying, climbing, wrecking and hammering. A chunky slab-o-INFI would also be an old school, classically influenced BUSSE bombproof blade that would be reminscent of the time NOSS' hair turned gray from frustration after trying to destroy a FFBM. This BEight Pile of INFI would be even more NOSS proof!!!

If I had my druthers, I dream of a choiless blade (with the bottom edge of the ricasso flat and even with the guard section of the Res-C handle).

The icing on that dream cake would be SAR 8 style jimping on the spine, a clip point and an unsharpened swedge (But... I LIKE Cake, icing or not)!!!

The release of the HOG B-EIGHT would be the release of a BEAST of EPIC PROPORTIONS (just like this thread that Will started soooooo long ago).

The demand is there!!! Want Proof???.... We're over 503,850 views and 7,295 replies as of this typing. PIGLETS, Soldiers, Adventurers, Campers, Survivalists, Collectors, Dreamers... i.e: Good Folks from ALL walks of life..... WANT THIS BLADE!!!

The Bossman knows this, and if he decides to release the Beast, he knows the order backlog would put the OTW waits to shame and he'd probably have to hire a bajillion more employees and build another new wing onto "Compound Wauseon" to keep up with demand!!! The other problem is the number of e-mails would probably CRASH his server and he'd have to get secret federal agency to recover the lost e-mails.

Dreamers will Dream & Droolers will DROOL....
    So now you know what brought us to this point, and why this at times may seem like the thread that will not die.

BRING ON THE HOG-B8!!!
    Last edited by Will York; 03-08-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Lets do this!

Well.....of course! Mike

I've never owned a Basic. I would be in for one or two of anything 8+ (wishing for a Basic 13 though).

I'll take it!

How thick was the one that was at Blade?

Basic 13 would be great! Promised myself no more knife buying until next Christmas... But if a Basic 13 came out, I'll probably break

If it comes in jungle green I'll take one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shrapnelwound View Post
    How thick was the one that was at Blade?
    Other than the Basic 4 offered in anorexic (.155”) and magnum (.22”), the array of LE Basics at Blade a couple of years ago were all nominally .25” thick, IIRC. However, in production the Basic 6 ended up at .218” and the Basic 10 was .23”.

I’m hoping the Basic 8 LE will be .25” thick per the original, but as long as it’s at least .22” I’ll be fine with it.

I'm with ya Will!!!

.275" Choiless for me please!!!

Ok. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by avalenz View Post
    lets do this!
    word!!!

I need to complete my "set" .... !!!

Ive still got a discount card I caught at Blade so I'm ready. Bring it!
    Hog Kong Phooey
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Is this the sign up list?

Quote Originally Posted by high desert View Post
    Is this the sign up list?
    I wish......

Quote Originally Posted by Will York View Post
    Other than the Basic 4 offered in anorexic (.155”) and magnum (.22”), the array of LE Basics at Blade a couple of years ago were all nominally .25” thick, IIRC. However, in production the Basic 6 ended up at .218” and the Basic 10 was .23”.

I’m hoping the Basic 8 LE will be .25” thick per the original, but as long as it’s at least .22” I’ll be fine with it.
    Thanks for the info. I agree, at least .22 and I'm game for a B8.

Yes, Please! I am baffled by the fact that these have not been released yet.
    A plan is only good until the battle is joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump Buster View Post
    I'm with ya Will!!!

.275" Choiless for me please!!!
    Yis. Ill take that with fries.

Sounds like a plan!

Page 1 of 371 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information