Thread: Scrap Yard Mud Mutt or save for something else?

Scrap Yard Mud Mutt or save for something else?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I recently saw that SYKCO has come out with a 5 inch blade called the "Mud Mutt". It will only cost $120 with the sheath until the end out today, then it will be $145.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Should I buy it today, or should I wait and try to save for something from the Swamp Rat custom shop?

Opinons/suggestions?

I do not have any experience with those but I got one because the price is just right.
    I would imagine it will be awesome slicer due to the thinness of the stock.

Go for it!
    The mudder handles are very comfortable, the knife is light and will be a hell of a slicer.
    Getting 2 myself...

Out of all the Bussekin Res C handles, I prefer the Mudder grips the most.
    www.armoralleather.com Dwayne Puckett

Quote for the week: To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are NOT allowed to Criticize. Then you can proceed to remove them from your life, or let them know they will rule NO LONGER!

Armoralleather Forum on BF! click me!

SR101 is some great steel (mostly because of the heat treat, I believe) and the mudder grips are very comfortable. The price hasn't changed yet so there is still time. After that the price jumps $20.

I would buy one NOW... get it home and if you don't like it you will not loose a cent on it if you flip it in a couple of months. @$99 they are an easy decision. Like elof_alv I am getting more than one....

i picked one up before the price change
    my first yard knife

I too took a swing at the Mudd Mutt, it will be my second SYKCO blade. I can't wait to get it, should be a real slicer. I couldn't pass up the price either and I bought the sheath too. I hope some kydex/leather sheath makers scored one, I'm thinking I'm still gonna need a sheath as I'm not a real fan of drop sheath.
    There's a pretty good size thread over in the Yard on the Mudd Mutt. If you wanna get some more info

There are a few of the really good kydex and leather sheath makers that are regular posters on the SYKCO forum. I know that some had said that they already ordered. I would expect sheaths to pop out a couple of weeks after the first Mud Mutts are mailed out.

I passed on the leather sheath simply because my knives seem to stay wet with salt water all the time so I go with kydex. I'll make a sheath out of a bleach bottle if that's all that I can get.

BTW --- the price hasn't increased yet... better hurry!

Sounds like a great knife. Waiting on some user pix to see what it really looks like.
    Hope the $20 extra buys you some choice on handle color too.

I'm buying one NOW! Wow, I can't believe I am still able to get them at the cheap price!

$135 shipped with sheath. Shipping is fairly steep!
    Last edited by spydercobenchmadekai; 01-03-2014 at 08:05 AM.

I bought one -- frankly this could be very special indeed. I just wonder how effective this knife would be for skinning medium sized game?

Thread Information