Thread: CRKTs- Crawford/Kasper Professional & Walker Bladelock-RARE!

CRKTs- Crawford/Kasper Professional & Walker Bladelock-RARE!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Crawford/Kasper Professional 7772: Razor-Sharp Cutting Edge

Overall Length: 7.25''
    Blade Length: 3.0''
    Blade Style: Modified Clip Point
    Steel: AUS 8 57-58 HRC
    Edge: Plain
    Thickness: 0.12" (0.30 cm)
    Handle: Closed length: 4.25" (10.8 cm) of anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum handles
    Weight: 3.6 oz. (102 g)
    Pocket Clip: R/H, Tip Down
    Lock Type: Liner AutoLAWKS™
    Condition: 9/10

*The best thing about this is that this is the only folder that I found to have carbidized lock face. I wonder if it’s tungsten carbide.

Found some background history about this rare model:
    Designed by a guy name Bob Kasper, built by Pat Crawford. CRKT was able to obtain the rights to produce a production version, but stopped making them a few years ago after Bob Kasper passed away.
    You don't see the smaller version of this in AL handle very often.

Columbia River 4003 Michael Walker Bladelock
    Michael Walker. Inventor of the locking liner folder says, "When I applied thumb studs to my locking liners in the '80s, it occurred to me that it could be the basis for an internal lock. I was granted the patent for the BladeLOCK and have made many custom versions. However, no major knife manufacturer was then capable of putting the BladeLOCK into production because of the challenging machining and close tolerances required - until now." CRKT is proud that they can bring this innovation to the knife world, because it is everything you have asked for.

The BladeLOCK is an incredibly strong folding knife with a blade that locks when open, and locks when closed. The ingenious positive lock system operates by pressing the thumb stud. To open, press the thumb stud and rotate the blade as you would other knives. When you hear the clean, crisp "snap" of steel locking with steel, the blade is locked - no doubt about it! The strength of the BladeLOCK meets or exceeds any claimed lock strength of existing production folders. To close, press the thumb stud and rotate the blade into the handle. Snap. The blade is locked closed, with no chance of opening when carried in a pocket.

The AUS 6M stainless steel blade is a Walker Clip Point in satin finish, pivoting on Teflon bearings. The open design 420J2 stainless steel frame receives a contrasting bead blast finish. Black injection moulded Zytel is used for the back spacer, lock covers, and scales. Torx fasteners are used throughout.

Beyond its sleek lines, the handle proves to be highly ergonomic when gripped, with a deep finger notch and prominent thumb ramp to provide security. Friction grooves at the base of the blade curve and thumb ramp reduce slipping, and also can aid in one hand closure of the blade. The custom Teflon plated stainless steel clothing/gear clip is removable. The BladeLOCK is the most advanced lock system seen.
    Blade Length: 3.44"
    Overall Length: 7.94"
    Blade Material: AUS-6M Stainless Steel
    Tip up, RH carry.
    Weight: 4.6oz.
    Condition: 9/10

Letting go as a set for 120USD shipped with tracking number. Paypal is good.
    PM me for fastest response.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pics!
    Last edited by JayGoliath; 01-05-2014 at 01:44 AM.

Picture of carbidized lock face uploaded.

-Bump-

Thread Information