Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's excited for #47 Viper?!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just placed an order for one of the lava acrylic northfields!! Can't wait!!

I'll have to pass on this go around. They all look great but I'm not getting the urge to jump on it at this time, and I need to budget for future knife purchases.
    I will say that the one that sticks out and looks the best to me is that bocote wood. Came out superb.
    Last edited by sunandsteel; 02-13-2014 at 08:30 AM.

I'm waiting to see the Northfield jigged bone and blackwood versions. I think the lined bolsters look nice on this pattern.
    Jamie

"Sharp blades are good to have, if Shire-folk go walking, east, south, or far away into dark and danger" - J.R.R. Tolkien
    WANTED - #71 Redneck Farm Tool

Just paid for my Blackwood, now the nervous wait begins. There looks to be a lot of grain on these Blackwwood handles, my #81 the scales are pure black with no evident grain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by csisland View Post
    I held off from buying a Case Swayback Jack because I knew GEC was working on a Swayback, and I think the GEC will fit me better than the Case. First the GEC looks bigger and a little more hefty in the handle which I like, and I was looking for a single wharncliff blade which is another plus. Also, I like Case and I'm not bashing them, but they only offer one Swayback model in CV (Chestnut bone), unless I'm wrong, and that model has a pen blade which I don't want.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I love the swayback pattern, but I've always felt that Case's version was a little too small for my liking, and I'm not particularly interested in a Tru-Sharp version. I always thought that I'd like the pattern a lot more if it was a 1/2" or so longer.

And, I'm a sucker for a large hunk of nice ebony.
    "A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordion, but doesn't." - Tom Waits

I was looking forward to the micarta one but cannot find it

The micarta ones went quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    Glad I snagged one! I bugged you guys enough about 'em...

The Northfield bone version looks very nice on their site.
    Jamie

"Sharp blades are good to have, if Shire-folk go walking, east, south, or far away into dark and danger" - J.R.R. Tolkien
    WANTED - #71 Redneck Farm Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I love the swayback pattern, but I've always felt that Case's version was a little too small for my liking, and I'm not particularly interested in a Tru-Sharp version. I always thought that I'd like the pattern a lot more if it was a 1/2" or so longer.

And, I'm a sucker for a large hunk of nice ebony.
    Just the opposite for me, the Viper turned out bigger than I like so I plan to pick up the Case.
    - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by akadave2 View Post
    I agree everyones different. I guess when I think "Traditional folder" I always think multi-blade first. I have a Braggin Bag chock full of single blade single hand folders that do the single blade thing much better than any single blade traditional I have so I generally want the extra blade in my traditionals, I know, odd. Im betting they come out with a locking blade single, that would be cool too.
    I'm like you Dave, I prefer multi-blade traditional slipjoints. Good thing for my wallet and I am really looking forward to the #22 Magnum small gunstock.
    The Tidioute Viper in Bocote wood is sure tempting though!

Z

I, too, was going for the micarta, but was too slow on the trigger and I guess I missed that boat. The lanyard hole turns me off for the other versions, therefore I'll skip this one. Can't say I'm not disappointed, because I've been looking for a GEC swayback for a long time.

My 4K post is on the horizon and to mark the occasion, I've ordered two GEC #47 Vipers in OD green micarta: one for me and one for a giveaway that I plan to host right here in the Traditional forum. Stay tuned and hold fast, me hearties!

-Brett

Brett-thats gonna send the random generator into overdrive.Nice one. I'm hangin' for the bone but that acrylic is quite nice.

I have a Bocote on the way!!!!!
    Support your forum pimps!

Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    Guilty of helping that train!

Some people are going to snag some nice stag. Not a huge fan of the nail nick in the swedge on the Northfields though....

Quote Originally Posted by atony View Post
    I have a Bocote on the way!!!!!
    I had a tough time choosing between the ebony and bocote (two of my all-time favorites). The bocote versions of the #47 look really good.
    "A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordion, but doesn't." - Tom Waits

I had a tough time choosing between the ebony and bocote (two of my all-time favorites). The bocote versions of the #47 look really good.
    True! The Burnt Sienna bone looks mighty fine too mind!

I really like all the covers on theese. Wanted the Micarta but was a little too slow. Where are the stag hiding?
    Last edited by atony; 02-13-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Support your forum pimps!

Pictures were updated and that burnt sienna looks terrific along with the stag.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information