Thread: Dan Leeper 'Urban Combat' with Kydex, tek-lok and glass breaker 52100 steel

Dan Leeper 'Urban Combat' with Kydex, tek-lok and glass breaker 52100 steel

ADVERTISEMENT
    [B[/B]Flat ground, forged 52100 ball bearing quality steel with glass breaker and Caswell mat black finish. This knife includes a Dan Leeper custom felt lined kydex sheath with small Tek-Lok and certificate of authenticity. Small tek-lok (included) can be worn vertical or horizontal, right hand or left. Can use optional large tek-lok (not included) for right or left carry. Green Canvas micarta handle material with stainless pins. I'm a graduate of the Ed Fowler school of high performance knives. I heat treat 52100 the Ed Fowler way! First I'll take it, gets it. PM or PayPal to leeperd@ymail.com
    OAL 9-1/2", Blade length 4-5/8". $240 Plus $10 shipping to USA. International shipping for actual cost.

Urban combat with kydex 020.jpgUrban combat with kydex 004.jpgUrban combat with kydex 005.jpgUrban combat with kydex 006.jpgUrban combat with kydex 017.jpg
    Last edited by Dan Leeper; 02-19-2014 at 06:11 PM.

That is a great looking design, especially the grip. What thickness is the blade stock, and what's the width of the blade? Thank you.

This knife was forged on a little giant power hammer from 1/4" stock and finished on the anvil prior to grinding. The blade thickness in front of the handle is .145, the width from spine to edge at the widest part is 1-1/38". The tang and spine where not hardened. Except for the point and the glass breaker which are Rc 61-62. This was designed as a slicer, not a chopper. However, 52100 is tough when differentially heat treated like this blade was.

Thread Information