Page 382 of 385 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385 LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 7689

Thread: Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by daizee View Post
    Several new traditional toys: a Griswold #9, a late USA-production Schrade+ 175 (would have preferred carbon), and a re-hung axe head of recent vintage

So many great things in this picture! I also am a vintage Griswold CI user. I have a 3,8,9,10, and 12 that see very regular use. That's a great looking Schrade also.

Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    Some very pretty horn, Harry. I like bark horn, too, but with the smooth you get the translucence that is so appealing.
    Thank you very much Jeff !! I too like the Bark Rams Horn , but I have not seen a knife that I like that has it yet . At least that I can remember anyhow . Someday I will I am sure . I remember that you have some I think ???? It will probably be a Boker or some European Brand , which will not bother me at all .

Harry

Recently picked up this TA Davison. I love everything about this knife. Perfect fit and finish. Great size and I really like the unique blade shape.

Quote Originally Posted by usfpaul82 View Post
    Recently picked up this TA Davison. I love everything about this knife. Perfect fit and finish. Great size and I really like the unique blade shape.

Several new traditional toys: a Griswold #9, a late USA-production Schrade+ 175 (would have preferred carbon), and a re-hung axe head of recent vintage

Both of these knives are nearly what Ive been working on putting together using some old TL-29s and these pics make me more and more sure that I want to carry on with each!!! Stunning knives you guys!

Matt

Nice one. I'm a big fan.

Alan
    Wtb GEC #99, #66 slim
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

Thanks to the generosity of Glennbad, this lovely Bruckmann is my newest addition. I have a special fondness for older Solingen knives, so this was a very nice surprise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UO and OSU, so I'm a Platypus

http://centergnome.blogspot.com/

Wow, abbydaddy, that is a very special Bruckmann. If those covers are cell, I sure hope they don't gas out . . . that would be a major crime!

Again; fantastic usfpaul82; I found, after time enough to compare, the two Davison's I have, have the best most consistent pull and walk and talk. What I mean by consistent is, the pull is a 4-5 and the feel of that pull stays the same from closed to full open. I don't know how Todd turns out such consistently great work at such a pace and price. Having said that, I have a friend who had a Davison Shadow style that was a nail buster? I don't know if that was one off or somebody messed with it, or maybe, I'm thinking the joint got squashed somehow?

How do you find the walk and talk on yours?

Here's my favorite of the two I have

~ Alan

This one just came in today, an Uncle Henry 885UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
    Are you going to Janesville for the Badger Knife Show this week end ????

Harry
    Harry, thanks for asking. We were planning on it (would have been my first) and was going to look you up, but my wife is laid up in bed with a broken leg. I'm going to do my darndest to get there next year.
    Tom

Very nice. I'm jealous. That #9 looks to have been barely used.

Quote Originally Posted by AShearer View Post
    Again; fantastic usfpaul82; I found, after time enough to compare, the two Davison's I have, have the best most consistent pull and walk and talk. What I mean by consistent is, the pull is a 4-5 and the feel of that pull stays the same from closed to full open. I don't know how Todd turns out such consistently great work at such a pace and price. Having said that, I have a friend who had a Davison Shadow style that was a nail buster? I don't know if that was one off or somebody messed with it, or maybe, I'm thinking the joint got squashed somehow?

How do you find the walk and talk on yours?

Here's my favorite of the two I have

Hey there. The pull on mine i would say is a solid 4. It is incredibly smooth and nicely pinchable. Even though some may consider a 4 pull too light, i think it suits this knife perfectly and there is still a sharp snap open and closed.

Bill

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #200

WTB small Sebenza's DOB 8/12 & 1/6

I got an 885UH yesterday, in their Schrade+ stainless steel. Bolsters aren't mint, but everything else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugdoc View Post
    Harry, thanks for asking. We were planning on it (would have been my first) and was going to look you up, but my wife is laid up in bed with a broken leg. I'm going to do my darndest to get there next year.
    Sorry about your wife's broken leg .Been there and done that my friend . Hope it heals well .
    I will be going Friday . Just let me know if your plans change and then we can make a connection .

Harry

I like my Beer Scout so much that I decided to add a Crown Lifter as well, while they are still plentiful. This came today:

Man that's nice! I love my one Davison. I'm sure I'll pick up another at some point.
    Bill

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #200

WTB small Sebenza's DOB 8/12 & 1/6

Hey there. The pull on mine i would say is a solid 4. It is incredibly smooth and nicely pinchable. Even though some may consider a 4 pull too light, i think it suits this knife perfectly and there is still a sharp snap open and closed.
    Hey, thanks. I agree, the pull on my 2 are both on the light side, like 4-5 which some would not care for. I think it's just right for these knives.

~ Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Dschal View Post
    I like my Beer Scout so much that I decided to add a Crown Lifter as well, while they are still plentiful. This came today:

I actually prefer my Crown Lifter over my Ivory Bone BS, the latter is a great knife but the former is sleeker more utility style with no shield or bail. No brass either... Nice bone jigging and not expensive. The other major plus, it's available- no stampede to pre-order
    Last edited by Will Power; 03-22-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power View Post
    I actually prefer my Crown Lifter over my Ivory Bone BS, the latter is a great knife but the former is sleeker more utility style with no shield or bail. No brass either... Nice bone logging and not expensive. The other major plus, it's available- no stampede to pre-order
    I had the same thought process. Especially after a few crowns have been lifted, it might be easier not to have to worry about the bail. I also love this color bone.

Page 382 of 385 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385 LastLast

Thread Information