Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171
Results 3,401 to 3,417 of 3417

Thread: It followed me home (Part 2)

  1. #3401
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Genoa, IL
    Posts
    385

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadFall27 View Post
    This ol' girl is on the way to my door, I'm pretty excited. I haven't been able to get any of the current Wetterling models I want, but a piece of history does my heart well.


    Nice snag! I was watching it, and thinking about bidding on it. Enjoy!

  2. #3402

    Kelly Dandenong made in Australia. I picked this axe up at a tool sale for $20 probably one of the best deals I have had on an axe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3403
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,613
    Came across this today. M4 24"

    I don't know made it but it looks like most of it is there.










  4. #3404
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
    Came across this today. M4 24"

    I don't know made it but it looks like most of it is there.


    Good catch Agent_H! You won't be needing to scope out a splitting maul anymore, although you may want an excuse to go to a longer handle. In the yesteryeartools site regarding history of Plumb there is an illustration of an M 3 1/2 without ID so maybe what you've got is a 4 lb version.

  5. #3405
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
    Came across this today. M4 24"

    I don't know made it but it looks like most of it is there.









    I would believe it to be a plumb as well since the aluminium wedge is reminiscent of latter plumb axes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #3406
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    8,364
    Quote Originally Posted by tylermack View Post

    Kelly Dandenong made in Australia. I picked this axe up at a tool sale for $20 probably one of the best deals I have had on an axe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's pretty sweet. I'd love to have one.

  7. #3407
    Oh goody. Something else to covet. Nothing special around here. A Tremontia one hand Machete a Cold Steel two hand Machete.




    And this hanging around

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  8. #3408
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Hanover, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,876
    Today's haul.



  9. #3409
    The wedge double bit, And the Dayton with phantom bevels look nice to me!

  10. #3410
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    8,364
    I'm surprised there's a scrap of iron left in the state of Maine, JB.

  11. #3411
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,360
    Some guys have all the luck, nice finds
    WTB: Kifaru Woobie in Foliage Green

    WTS: Damascus Case Seahorse in Stag and various GEC's

  12. #3412
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Hanover, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Square_peg View Post
    I'm surprised there's a scrap of iron left in the state of Maine, JB.
    Oh, I haven't gotten there yet. I'm in MA, ME lies waiting lol.

  13. #3413
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,613
    I would guess that it isn't all luck.

    JB probably has some pretty good instincts and people skills that set him apart from the general public just "lookin' for an old axe" on a Sunday afternoon.

    These are also just impressions but... I bet JB tries to get to Estate/Auction sales early and he is more persistent with treasure hunting than most people are about a lot of things they do.

    Also, I'm thinking you wouldn't want to be in his basement during an earthquake.

  14. #3414
    @ jb what is that maul looking thing with the handle on backwards lookin thing?

  15. #3415
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Hanover, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlogger View Post
    @ jb what is that maul looking thing with the handle on backwards lookin thing?
    That is a cold chisel on an old axe handle.

  16. #3416
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Hanover, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
    I would guess that it isn't all luck.

    JB probably has some pretty good instincts and people skills that set him apart from the general public just "lookin' for an old axe" on a Sunday afternoon.

    These are also just impressions but... I bet JB tries to get to Estate/Auction sales early and he is more persistent with treasure hunting than most people are about a lot of things they do.

    Also, I'm thinking you wouldn't want to be in his basement during an earthquake.
    All true. It helps that I've made a bunch of good contacts over the last couple years.

  17. #3417
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Does it just look that way in the picture, or is that carpenters vise huge ?

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •