Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40 More Cities Added to Knife Rights LegalBlade™ App - Download Now!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Thanks for updating it! I downloaded of a couple of days after it hit the App Store, and am very pleased with this app.

It did not work on my Nexus 7 tablet. Just locks up, so I uninstalled it.

Ah well, I'll just regard it as a donation to KnifeRights.

Traveling through time, will return last week.
    I bought it to support the cause, app could use some work but its still pretty cool. I luckily live in a state where anything including autos under 5" is fair game without a permit. Will definitely use when traveling though.

Awesome app! I travel a lot, and spend a ton of time researching knife laws - this is a lifesaver! Thanks for your hard work Doug!!
    - Sam -

Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right. - Henry Ford

Glad to purchase the app and to contribute to the Los Angeles Municipal Code 55.10.

Tried to Add City Law but it said: "Error occurred in Inserting Data"!

http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/...12-02-1987.pdf
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

Kershaw Question

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by corwise View Post
    Some entitlements issues eh? There are plenty of places online where you can find the info for free if you want to.

Thanks for all the work Critter.
    Where can I find this same information online for free? Include the link if you can. Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Gate Bridge View Post
    Where can I find this same information online for free? Include the link if you can. Thankyou.
    Or you could buy the app and support knife rights.

Me, I bought the app. It has proven useful. And I wanted to support what Doug is doing.

40 More Cities Added to Knife Rights LegalBlade™ App - Download Now!

Yup, this is a fantastic app and I don't have to worry anymore about knifelaws - they are at my fingertips! Thanks for all the hard work, Doug -- I enjoyed the app as much as I enjoy Ritter grips!

Dumb question. Will this app run on desktop computer running Win 8.1?
    Rich

Why the hell can't I view the app vertically on an iphone?

After looking through it, I've never seen an app this poorly designed. Tables with multiple rows that have to be scrolled through, but literally only a single row visible at a time. This is a huge waste of $1.99 and I'm pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by brancron View Post
    Why the hell can't I view the app vertically on an iphone?
    wut?

After looking through it, I've never seen an app this poorly designed. Tables with multiple rows that have to be scrolled through, but literally only a single row visible at a time. This is a huge waste of $1.99 and I'm pissed off.
    Why not cry about it like a baby? Literally.

Seriously though, this is a great app. Well worth the $2 you pay for it. Plus you help support an organization that is fighting for your rights.

How about you go sit on a knife? This app is horribly designed, and people should know that before paying any amount of money for it.

How about you go sit on a knife?
    I often do! I sometimes keep a small fixed blade in my back pocket right below the IWB holster for my glock. A small fixed blade I know that is legal to carry based on this great app!
    Last edited by craytab; 11-10-2014 at 06:44 PM.

In all seriousness, take a look at the screen shot of the app on my iphone, and tell me it isn't practically unusable: http://i.imgur.com/mmli1Rl.png

Blog Entries
    Guys, please. Doug went to some trouble to put Kniferights together. This app is a small addition to our toolkit, making our way through a cold, hard world. $2 ??? I lost that much in small change last year, and tossed more in tip jars.

Peace. List what problems you've found and bring it to his attention. Mk II can see upgrades.

Oh, the drama!

How about you go sit on a knife?
    Quote Originally Posted by craytab View Post
    I often do! I sometimes keep a small fixed blade in my back pocket right below the IWB holster for my glock. A small fixed blade I know that is legal to carry based on this great app!
    Nicely answered!

Downloaded.

Some thoughts: The app needs to be made to work in portrait mode somehow. I can see that you feel it's easy to format the info as a table which ends up being so wide that you choose to force landscape mode. But as phones are naturally held in portrait orientation, this is an inconvenience to the user. The design of any app should be made for the convenience of the user, not the developer.

not so deep in the woods anymore, BH #126
    D/Led. Great app and great cause. Keep up the good work guys!

Great resource, and only $1.99.

Bought & installed!

The instant reference to statutes is worth the $1.99 alone. Yes, there are bugs, but those will go away soon enough.
    Last edited by beaconterraone; 12-07-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information