Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Movie Knives

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    ... from early childhood?
    There's only one.
    I'm the second vote for the bowie in Iron Mistress.

Ok, maybe not quite a movie;
    But an epic for sure
    'nam tour of duty

kbar probably a camillus marine knife model...

Push dagger from "Platoon" which the villainish guy had taped to his shoulder strap.
    http://i.imgur.com/rToSSNx.png
    Thought that was pretty cool during my s mall ninja phase.

That was a Cold Steel Terminator (IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by crosdaddy View Post
    Bonus points to anyone who can recall the movie with "Butchy the Blade Muldanado" in it,
    I think the blade was a spydy police.
    ...I've always remembered his name, (If it's the same character, movie,etc.) as "Billy The Blade" and he did carry a Spydie....
    Thus, my B.F. User Name !
    I thought it was the older movie "Shattered" with Tom Beringer, but i am not completely sure.
    Kinda ironic, though I have been wanting to make sure lately, as well as refresh my memory on the Spydie model,too. BTB.
    ...Jeeze, hope i don't have to change my name to "Butchy" now

Cool. You have good eyes. ☺
    I Googled it thx to your information.
    Seems like they are pretty rare these days, maybe even back then.

Rebel Without a Cause features a fight with two huge stiletto switch blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Speaking of pocket knifes - so far i have'nt noticed anybody recalls Crocodile Dundee 3 (LA) - thrusting his Manly "pocket" knife in Manly manner through large plastic annaconda's head....(this "pocket" knife is still nowhere to be seen replicated since) to the best of my knowledge....(would surely wish for one)
    http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...ombinedPic.jpg

Referencing picture from BF

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdave View Post
    1)The Iron Mistress Bowie from the Alan Ladd movie

2)Rambo first blood

3)Arnolds Crain knife in Predator, not the machete
    Would you have any info on the last one you refer to-(Jack Crain knife from Predator posted here) was this knife ever replicated by any production company or knifemakers out there? Certainly very nice looking knife

I believe the Buck 110 has been in more movies than any other knife

Quote Originally Posted by SaintZe View Post
    Not a childhood movie but the main character of 'The Man From Nowhere' uses an S30v Kershaw Blur in an amazing fight sequence against a karambit-wielding Thai hitman. I've been looking at buying a Blur ever since.
    This and the Raid movies are some of the best blade movies ever-although that great final scene in Man from Nowhere has some traps in it I would never, never, never do with any folder...
    How about Exposure with Peter Coyote and Tcheky (sp??) Karyo-the one in South America with the "secret Per-Sev fighting art"- that's the only movie I've ever seen with known custom makers (a Randall, and a couple other '90's makers) knives being sold on a kitchen table...
    http://youtu.be/CSwrE-I3MHM
    Last edited by J W Bensinger; 03-12-2015 at 08:12 AM.
    Find me not among gentle folk-for I traffic in the bright and dreadful geometries of mayhem...
    See me at BLADE show 2016, table 8DD
    www.vermontbladesmith.com
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=208207042383

Quote Originally Posted by SaintZe View Post
    Not a childhood movie but the main character of 'The Man From Nowhere' uses an S30v Kershaw Blur in an amazing fight sequence against a karambit-wielding Thai hitman. I've been looking at buying a Blur ever since.
    And the hitman's karambit was a Cold Steel Steel Tiger.

Wasn't Billy the Blade the bad guy in The Client?

Quote Originally Posted by KP View Post
    Aw yeah! Me too!

That big mofo left a very lasting impression on me and is probably the main reason I still love great big blades.

The Conan Sword.

n2s
    Tagline:
    There is no good, no evil, no saints, no demons; There are just ordinary people making ordinary choices.

Quote Originally Posted by pa knifeguy View Post
    Wasn't Billy the Blade the bad guy in The Client?
    It was The Client, but the name was Barry 'the Blade' Muldano. His Police model had a customized handle.

Jim
    Last edited by James Y; 03-12-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Sgt. Barnes in Platoon with a Cold Steel Peacekeeper I believe. Also seen in Total Recall.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #135

K
    Quote Originally Posted by J W Bensinger View Post
    This and the Raid movies are some of the best blade movies ever-although that great final scene in Man from Nowhere has some traps in it I would never, never, never do with any folder...
    How about Exposure with Peter Coyote and Tcheky (sp??) Karyo-the one in South America with the "secret Per-Sev fighting art"- that's the only movie I've ever seen with known custom makers (a Randall, and a couple other '90's makers) knives being sold on a kitchen table...
    http://youtu.be/CSwrE-I3MHM
    Agreed that The Man From Nowhere and both The Raid movies are among the best knife-related movies.

Also, in Kill Zone (a.k.a., Sha Po Lang), starring Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung, the brutal assassin played by Wu Jing uses a gaudy-looking tanto-style knife.

In Training Day, Denzel Washington threatens a thug with a Spyderco Police. It's possible that the Police model is the single-most shown folder in movies/TV.

In Night of the Hunter, Robert Mitchum plays a psychotic preacher/serial killer whose weapon of choice is a switchblade.

Jim

I'm surprised the The Iron Mistress that Alan Ladd carried as Jim Bowie in the 1952 movie of the the same name wasn't mentioned first off or more often - that monster bowie inspired a LOT of knife makers back in the day. I'll also add, since no one's mentioned it, the big Arkansas Toothpick that Anthony Caruso used as Black Jack Sturdevant in the big dueling scene with Ladd/Bowie.

The one that had the biggest impact on me was Tristan's knife from Legends of the Fall.
    It wasn't because of the looks of the knife, although it is a great looking knife. It was more because it was the knife that he carries his whole life, as a young man, when he goes to war, and even to his death as an old man. He, presumably, dies with this same knife in his hand fighting a bear. Hands down the most epic movie knife of all time.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information