Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 193

Thread: Epic Movie Knives

  1. #81

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    2,419


    Gil Hibbon and his Star trek knives.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    1,311
    Did I miss any reference to the Expendables

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    742
    You beat me to it!! The straight razor that terry crews uses in that film was pretty sweet too.

    If you can expand the choices to games as well resident evil series and far cry series had some pretty good stuff too.

  5. #85
    Maybe some of you will be also familiar with Winnetou 60's movies -, all Indians and cowboys used very identical blade - made by Puma between y 60's and 70's...I don't know if Puma still reproduce these,but highly doubt it...
    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/4195520.jpg

    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/6253015.jpg

    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/1068384.jpg

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mosinee, WI
    Posts
    69
    What about Kano's "Raptor" from Mortal Kombat? I'm just a young pup.


  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznareps View Post
    I believe the Buck 110 has been in more movies than any other knife
    Thank you.

    The Buck 110 has been in several television shows too.

    My husband and I saw two shows minimum where Walt Longmire (WY sheriff in today's world.) uses a Buck 110 knife.

    We are watching our Longmire DVD set when he gets home from work.

    I would like to get the books from my local library.

    Cate

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by FullyTorque View Post
    The one that had the biggest impact on me was Tristan's knife from Legends of the Fall.
    It wasn't because of the looks of the knife, although it is a great looking knife. It was more because it was the knife that he carries his whole life, as a young man, when he goes to war, and even to his death as an old man. He, presumably, dies with this same knife in his hand fighting a bear. Hands down the most epic movie knife of all time.
    Outstanding movie and a very good point (No pun intended.) about his knife and life.

    Thank you.

    Cate

  9. #89
    My favourite folding knife ever, and there is no second favourite, is the Spyderco Civilian, and it has made so far only one notable movie appearance that I can remember: When, in the 2004's "The Punisher", the hero's whole family is killed (a bit over the top), one of the bad guys goes at him with a Civilian, and the knife does look intimidating even without a huge close-up on film (typically even a 6-7 inch fixed blade will look on the small side without a big close-up)...



    The film has a few very silly flaws (the car park burning up in a skull shape is surely some producer's idiotic idea), but with the rather difficult/cardboard "Punisher" material, it does fairly well in a surprisingly understated way (most of the time): Just barely glance at the 2 other -awful- "Punisher" movies to see how well the 2004 version did...

    I've seen many people believe, after that movie, that a silo-type switchblade can be modified to shoot the blade... No... On a silo rocket-style of blade opening, you wind up the spring as you push the button: The mechanism is about pushing the button to wind up a spring that will then suddenly let go, to shove (weakly) the blade between two catches: one closed catch, one open... It can be effective, but the issue with the design is that the more 100% reliable the "shove", the harder the button has to be... The one I saw in Germany would not "latch" 100%, mostly on the way out... The design could be made to not rub the edge dull too, but most I saw did rub the edge... I do believe a small 5" handle could be built to throw a fully enclosed blade with effective force, but stability/balance in flight is the problem, especially when you go smaller than the bulky foot long Spetsnaz item...

    Another notable (for me) non-Rambo movie blade has to be Mad Max and his Gerber Mark II. Not a huge fan of the character, but the movies are surely iconic...

    Good use adapted to the design has to be when the 7 3/4" Al Mar Shadow IV dagger stabs someone through a thin bamboo wall in the first Tom Berenger "Sniper" movie (poor film otherwise)...

    Gaston
    Last edited by Gaston444; 03-12-2015 at 11:09 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Blade View Post
    ...Just maybe an honorable mention, Dirty Harry with his classic switchblade taped inside his pantleg,
    that he ends up sticking into the leg of the psycho killer he's after... BTB
    Ahhh yes!

    Good one - good memory!

    I have had a crush on Clint Eastwood since I was a kid watching Rawhide. I love all of his movies as an actor, director and producer.

    That was a GOOD scene where he got the bad guy. I love the Dirty Harry movies.

    I am TRYING to remember what knife he used in THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES now.

    So many movies of all types, so many good scenes, knives, guns and plots.

    Cate

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Maybe some of you will be also familiar with Winnetou 60's movies -, all Indians and cowboys used very identical blade - made by Puma between y 60's and 70's...I don't know if Puma still reproduce these,but highly doubt it...
    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/4195520.jpg

    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/6253015.jpg

    http://knife.cz/diskuze_pics/1068384.jpg
    Thx. I'm a fan of the books and movies but never noticed the knives. Though it inspired me to build a tomahawk out of slate rock when I was 7. Split wood, shaped slate and a rope. Hid it outside the house since it would have been hard to explain to my parents and took it with me everyday we kids went to the nearby forest to play Indians and Cowboys. ☺

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schuetz View Post
    Thx. I'm a fan of the books and movies but never noticed the knives. Though it inspired me to build a tomahawk out of slate rock when I was 7. Split wood, shaped slate and a rope. Hid it outside the house since it would have been hard to explain to my parents and took it with me everyday we kids went to the nearby forest to play Indians and Cowboys. ☺
    Would you believe - same inspiration of Carl May's Winnetou movies got me too! (didn't use the stone for tomahawk only wood,but also build myself few bows and arrows in the grandparents backyard,where i practised "archery skills",i noticed these knives in the movie,but at the time didn't have a clue about German Puma knives,i just loved the knife dueling often happening in the movie and shining polish on their blades

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Would you believe - same inspiration of Carl May's Winnetou movies got me too! (didn't use the stone for tomahawk only wood,but also build myself few bows and arrows in the grandparents backyard,where i practised "archery skills",i noticed these knives in the movie,but at the time didn't have a clue about German Puma knives,i just loved the knife dueling often happening in the movie and shining polish on their blades
    No way. What a cool coincidence. I guess you lived in the same country back then since Kraut Western movies aren't known much here in the US were I'm now.

    I tried bows and arrows back then but had no idea how to get them to work. I seriously tried rubber band (the one for clothes) on a stick.

    Since you mentioned duels I now remember one from the book where the opponent announces to the hero he will gut him and from that he guessed that the stab/slash will most likely come from below and thus knew how to respond before it actually happened.

  14. #94

    Smile

    I did not see or know about some the knives and/or movies that many of you have mentioned in this thread.

    I do not have one TOP favorite knife in a specific movie but a few come to mind that were posted here and I will mention some more. Grin.

    The Iron Mistress

    Anything with Clint Eastwood in it. Old or new movies. Guns and knives in any type of movie.

    The Legends of the Fall

    The Hunted

    The Rambo movies come to mind.

    WW1, WW2, Korea, Nam, etc. movies and television shows where a KNIFE IS USED to cut a parachute stuck in a tree or for any other reason to SAVE a LIFE and/or to destroy the enemy if the good guy/guys runs out of ammunition. There are FAR TOO MANY GOOD ONES for me to LIST HERE.

    MANY of the old pirate movies and the Three Musketters.

    The Gangs of New York

    The African Queen

    Defiance

    James Bond movies and shows like that.

    Knives and tools used in DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK and in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS.

    The Last of the Dogmen - Tom Berenger

    Tons and tons of movies and television shows that portray our Revolution times, pioneer days, cattle drives, wagon trains, homesteading, all of the way up to the 30's depression and beyond. Many knives were used in those productions.

    Lonesome Dove uses a lot of knives and guns in that series too.

    Throw in the modern day police movies and shows. Many of them are good and others are not my cup of tea.

    LONGMIRE and his use of the Buck 110 and other people in that show who use other knives and tools too. WY modern day sheriff, other deputies, bad guys, good guys, Henry is an old and dear friend of Walt's and he is a Cheyenne, etc.

    I do not always trust Wiki but here you go:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longmire_%28TV_series%29

    The Hunter with William Defoe.

    Godfather movies. Other mob movies like that plus Eastern Promises.

    GI Jane

    A History of Violence

    The Book of Eli, The Road, I Am Legend

    The tools and knives used in Enemy of the State with Gene Hackman.

    Some of you mentioned the spooky man who murdered people like Robert Mitchum - Night of the Hunter and I think he did this in Cape Fear too.

    The Waltons

    Little House on the Prarie

    I think that LEE MARVIN used a small knife, not only a gun, in M Squad as did some other people in OLD 50's and on police shows.

    Do you remember what BRAND of folding knife that was used in THE SAINT? One poster mentioned that here.

    JUSTIFIED There are a LOT of knives used in that good US Marshal television series. (DVD set here.)

    Winters Bone

    Centennial - old tv series.

    Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Patriot

    Elizabeth

    Joan of Arc

    The Vikings 1958 Version

    Kingdom of Heaven - tons of knives, tools and swords in this movie.

    Samuel Adams tv series had knives in it too.

    China Beach

    Northern Exposure

    There are too many to list that show knives, swords and tools and I do NOT know all of the types or brand names of them. Sorry! Maybe some of you know the names of the ones that I mentioned here.

    Good thread.

    Thank you!

    Cate
    Last edited by Catherine_Montana; 03-13-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Typos and added more.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schuetz View Post
    No way. What a cool coincidence. I guess you lived in the same country back then since Kraut Western movies aren't known much here in the US were I'm now.

    I tried bows and arrows back then but had no idea how to get them to work. I seriously tried rubber band (the one for clothes) on a stick.

    Since you mentioned duels I now remember one from the book where the opponent announces to the hero he will gut him and from that he guessed that the stab/slash will most likely come from below and thus knew how to respond before it actually happened.
    Yes you are right all the way! Well,i live on the other side of pot,i thought this will be rather rare movie in US,since it was made by German&Yugoslovanian (then) production and set was in Yugoslavia (today's Serbian country mountains) if i am correct...
    I also used large homemade hunting knife with handguard made of some sort of steel molded into form of eagle's head,when constructing all these bows and arrows and tomahawk...Grandad find this large bowie style blade out in the forest and gave it to me.It has about 8inch blade,which was a monster knife,for days back then.I carried it all my early age.After we moved,which was quite often,i loss track of it.Oh,i used also rubber bands of different sorts tied together on the bow and thanks to my archery skills i wrecked few windows on the house with arrows,one burst through the window and landed right in the full bowl of soup granny just cooked,she was horrified in shock...so as me,i thought i just have no granny anymore,after heared her scream...

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine_Montana View Post
    I did not see or know about some the knives and/or movies that many of you have mentioned in this thread.

    I do not have one TOP favorite knife in a specific movie but a few come to mind that were posted here and I will mention some more. Grin.

    The Iron Mistress

    Anything with Clint Eastwood in it. Old or new movies. Guns and knives in any type of movie.

    The Legends of the Fall

    The Hunted

    The Rambo movies come to mind.

    WW1, WW2, Korea, Nam, etc. movies and television shows where a KNIFE IS USED to cut a parachute stuck in a tree or for any other reason to SAVE a LIFE and/or to destroy the enemy if the good guy/guys runs out of ammunition. There are FAR TOO MANY GOOD ONES for me to LIST HERE.

    MANY of the old pirate movies and the Three Musketters.

    The Gangs of New York

    The African Queen

    Defiance

    James Bond movies and shows like that.

    Knives and tools used in DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK and in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS.

    The Last of the Dogmen - Tom Berenger

    Tons and tons of movies and television shows that portray our Revolution times, pioneer days, cattle drives, wagon trains, homesteading, all of the way up to the 30's depression and beyond. Many knives were used in those productions.

    Lonesome Dove uses a lot of knives and guns in that series too.

    Throw in the modern day police movies and shows. Many of them are good and others are not my cup of tea.

    LONGMIRE and his use of the Buck 110 and other people in that show who use other knives and tools too. WY modern day sheriff, other deputies, bad guys, good guys, Henry is an old and dear friend of Walt's and he is a Cheyenne, etc.

    I do not always trust Wiki but here you go:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longmire_%28TV_series%29

    The Hunter with William Defoe.

    Godfather movies. Other mob movies like that plus Eastern Promises.

    GI Jane

    A History of Violence

    The Book of Eli, The Road, I Am Legend

    The tools and knives used in Enemy of the State with Gene Hackman

    Some of you mentioned the spooky man who murdered people like Robert Mitchum - Night of the Hunter and I think he did this in Cape Fear too.

    The Waltons

    Little House on the Prarie

    I think that LEE MARVIN used a small knife, not only a gun, in M Squad as did some other people in OLD 50's and on police shows.

    Do you remember what BRAND of folding knife that was used in THE SAINT? One poster mentioned that here.

    JUSTIFIED There are a LOT of knives used in that good US Marshal television series. (DVD set here.)

    Winters Bone

    Centennial - old tv series.

    Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Patriot

    Elizabeth

    Joan of Arc

    The Vikings 1958 Version

    Kingdom of Heaven - tons of knives, tools and swords in this movie.

    Samuel Adams tv series had knives in it too.

    China Beach

    Northern Exposure

    There are too many to list that show knives, swords and tools and I do NOT know all of the types or brand names of them. Sorry! Maybe some of you know the names of the ones that I mentioned here.

    Good thread.

    Thank you!

    Cate
    Cate you are so well updated on all movies where any knife was ever used-wooow! You have excellent knowledge in the topic! Thanks for your postings,nice to hear from you

  17. #97
    Cold Mountain was a good movie where the one lady (RZ) taught the pampered lady (NK) a lot about using a knife, farming, butchering, hunting, survival, etc. too.

    Another Civil War version with a different twist than Gone With the Wind when it comes to KNIVES, women, war and survival. I can think of some other ones but not their TITLES now! LOL

    Cate

  18. #98
    Thanks SB1.

    I tried to catch my typos.

    My old eyes are tired and typing is not my forte' even though I write a lot.

    Good night.

    Cate

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston444 View Post
    My favourite folding knife ever, and there is no second favourite, is the Spyderco Civilian, and it has made so far only one notable movie appearance that I can remember: When, in the 2004's "The Punisher", the hero's whole family is killed (a bit over the top), one of the bad guys goes at him with a Civilian, and the knife does look intimidating even without a huge close-up on film (typically even a 6-7 inch fixed blade will look on the small side without a big close-up)...



    The film has a few very silly flaws (the car park burning up in a skull shape is surely some producer's idiotic idea), but with the rather difficult/cardboard "Punisher" material, it does fairly well in a surprisingly understated way (most of the time): Just barely glance at the 2 other -awful- "Punisher" movies to see how well the 2004 version did...
    Heck there are several knives in that movie besides the ballistic stiletto and the Civilian. During his big attack on the bad guy's house(hotel? club? I forget), during the first part of his attack, where he's still being stealthy and using the bow, the Punisher himself pulls an Emerson folding karambit, and ambushes a guy. He also uses a balisong when fighting The Russian. And Travolta kills one of his own guys with a switchblade of some sort...

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bogart, GA
    Posts
    447
    How about the knives used in the movie "Dune".

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. FLymon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •